star wars convention. did you go

Found 8th Dec 2015
what did you think, I didn't bother but reading some of these reviews im glad I missed it lol

disgruntled attendee, Carl Davies, said on Facebook: “I found the displays shocking. Jabba’s Palace was a carnival float with a lifeless model. The Ewok’s Village was some scaffolding covered in nets, adorned with skewered teddy bears.

"The Dagobah ‘system’ was a tent consisting of a Yoda toy perched on plastic ivy.

"The Millennium Falcon ‘cockpit’ was a printed board behind three Easyjet seats. X-Wing and Scout Walker were poor models, not to scale, with no surface detail.

"Without doubt the worst convention ever held, and at £30, nothing short of criminal, fact.”

He also said Yoda’s residence ‘looked like it had had the bailiffs in’.
Community Updates
MiscStar Wars
7 Comments
Original Poster
got to laugh at the comment about the bailiffs LOL
Original Poster
Disney should sue the organisers for portraying the franchise so poorly.
It was actually ok, i think the biggest grudge with most was the cost especially VIP tickets. I got early bird tickets so what I paid was worth it.

The displays were excellent and you could tell some time had been put in to making them.
http://i3.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/article10557810.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/JS78208813.jpg
Looking at the pics, £30 seems a little steep but it didn't look too bad.
The props certainly looked ok. I suspect the moaners were 'New' Star Wars fans who have jumped on the 'Effects Cantina Band' Wagon, expected crappy Lucas rework effects and Han standing on Jabba's tail.
davewave

"After his lightsabre broke"

I'd cry too.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants