Groups
    EXPIRED

Star Wars figures ?which are rare

Just found 200 star wars figures in the loft from years ago and just wondered if anyone knows of a site that tells you what are rare and more sought after figures

15 Comments

I've got a boxed Millenium Falcon from that era - 80's wasn't it? Would love to know how much that is going for.

bassman_uk

I've got a boxed Millenium Falcon from that era - 80's wasn't it? Would … I've got a boxed Millenium Falcon from that era - 80's wasn't it? Would love to know how much that is going for.

not alot looking at ebay

Is there anyway you can post a pic? The last 17 figures were sought after. I picked up a book yesterday that gives a guide price. If you were able to post a pic I would be able to match a few up for you. Are they carded or lose?

The "last 17" were the very last 17 Kenner Power of the Force Star Wars line and up until 1995 were the very last ones made of the entire Star Wars line.
    Also known as "Tailenders" . Tailenders are generally the most sought after figures of any toy lines.
    1. Amanaman
    2. A-wing pilot
    3. Anakin
    4. Barada
    5. EV-9D9
    6. Han in carbonite
    7. Imperial Dignitary
    8. Imperial gunner
    9. Lando general
    10. Luke Battle poncho
    11. Luke in Stormtrooper disguise
    12. Lumat
    13. Paploo
    14. R2-D2 w/ pop up lightsaber
    15. Romba
    16. Warok
    17. Yak Face

Edited by: "leecroot" 23rd Jan 2011

Original Poster

Cheers leecroot
    Will try and get a picture of them, and they are all loose figures

leecroot

http://www.swfigures.com/swf/store-swfigures-Vintage-CARDED.htm

Ive just had a look here. Are you going to sell them or keep them? You could have a few jems in there, and if you have weapons that will add to the price. My book will have a rough guide. They should be in good condition if they have been in the loft. Dont let them go for silly money!

I'll give you a fiver and take a chance.

My hubby is a HUGE star wars collector, when he sold his figures a few years ago they were all original and from the 1977 , the best sellers were R2D2 with the telescope he sold without the packaging £35.00 with the packaging he would have sold for a lot more.
    Yoda with the orange snake sold for £95 again not in packaging, all the figures we sold were in mint condition,
    darth vader & obi wan with the telescope lightsabers are worth a small fortune to the right person. more so if they are mint on the card.
    the ones my hubby sold were all palitoy and kenner, the hasbro ones are newer.

he sold around 100 figures, 5 ships and he made over £1000.00 this was only 5 years ago.

Original Poster

Just had a quick look through the bags and found the following

2 x darth vader figures with lightsabre coming out of arm
    1 x yoda and snake (snake looks a light brown colour)
    2 x r2-d2 with pop up telescope from head

I will have to have a proper look through as some weird alien ones I don't remember from the film one has a blue/green outfit and a long twisted neck

NFS

Just had a quick look through the bags and found the following2 x darth … Just had a quick look through the bags and found the following2 x darth vader figures with lightsabre coming out of arm1 x yoda and snake (snake looks a light brown colour)2 x r2-d2 with pop up telescope from headI will have to have a proper look through as some weird alien ones I don't remember from the film one has a blue/green outfit and a long twisted neck

the r2 figures and the darth vader ones are from the first movie in 1977 , not sure about yoda give the snake a wipe with a damp cloth to see if it changes colour and the other figure could be hammerhead

Original Poster

Thanks vinylandtrinkets

Is it best to sell on eBay or any suggestions for other places

we sold everything on ebay, post office HATED me for weeks lol
    google vintage toy dealers night have some luck there,
    we started everything off at 99p apart from the ships at at , mel falcon , x wing and a couple of others ,
    the figures had bids within hours of being listed , the ships took a couple of days.
    if you are unhappy with the price at 12 hours before the listing is due to end just end the listing.
    before you list them though have a good look through ebay.co.uk and .com as the prices vary so much its amazing.

make sure you take really good clear photos, list any faults or bits missing ( guns) and i think you'll do fine.
    the prices i had 5 years ago might not be what you'll get these days hun,

planetforce.com/sta…tml
    have a look here he is selling uncarded figures, might be worth emailing them before you sell on ebay, if i find any others i'll message them to you

NFS

Just had a quick look through the bags and found the following2 x darth … Just had a quick look through the bags and found the following2 x darth vader figures with lightsabre coming out of arm1 x yoda and snake (snake looks a light brown colour)2 x r2-d2 with pop up telescope from headI will have to have a proper look through as some weird alien ones I don't remember from the film one has a blue/green outfit and a long twisted neck

Sounds like you have a good selection there. I got the book out off the car and its dated 2001 so its a bit old, I didnt realise that but it was only £3.50. It list all the older figures so would I would be able to name them for you if you have trouble. The best price you will get is selling to a private collector and not a shop as they will be wanting to make a profit. What I find the hardest is grading them, and that can make a lot of difference in the price, and that would put me off selling on ebay.

Original Poster

Just found some big figures from 1978 as well so just threw them on eBay before starting 9.99 and see if they sell

Obi wan 12"
    C-3PO 12"
    Bobba Fett 14"
    Darth Vader 15"

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1319
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014477
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047086
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767190

See more discussions