Star Wars is a dead brand

Found 24th Jan
Five weeks after the latest film was released, stores in America are dumping Star Wars toys.

It won't be long until Home Bargain get the Last Jedi merch.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Force Awakens stuff was on sale in B&M etc, nothing to do with the brand being "dead" just over-saturation of merch. Plain and simple. Gullible adults are still under the impression that Star Wars stuff will make them a fortune at some point in the future.
sparc18 h, 22 m ago

[Image] [Image]

This is kinda funny. You don't like the new Star Wars, and most people do. To reaffirm your minority view, you disregard all of the information and the figures available to you, and when someone disagrees with you you dig through seven years of their posting history to find something with which to (presuming this is your intent here) embarrass or discredit them. You don't seem to realise how absolutely pathetic a grasp at straws that it, or any of your arguments are.

Star Wars remains a highly enjoyable juggernaut. That's pretty much the end of the matter.

BTW, my posting history goes back a decade if you need to pull something out of that to try and get one over me.
17 Comments
Is there a new stars wars film? must have missed the PR on that.
Force Awakens stuff was on sale in B&M etc, nothing to do with the brand being "dead" just over-saturation of merch. Plain and simple. Gullible adults are still under the impression that Star Wars stuff will make them a fortune at some point in the future.
No surprise, the new movies were mediocre at best.

Lego Star Wars and Star Wars Rebels (both animations) are still smoking hot property so.

I do still have hopes for the Solo movie and some movies with Grand Admiral Thrawn in it.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 24th Jan
SUMMONER50 m ago

...Grand Admiral Thrawn in it...

33130204-MiVzo.jpg
Star Wars merchandising tat will be with us forever. There's no escaping it
SUMMONER3 h, 8 m ago

No surprise, the new movies were mediocre at best.Lego Star Wars and Star …No surprise, the new movies were mediocre at best.Lego Star Wars and Star Wars Rebels (both animations) are still smoking hot property so.I do still have hopes for the Solo movie and some movies with Grand Admiral Thrawn in it.

Rogue One was pretty good, just shows what a good script can do. Star wars just needs decent scripts that are more gritty than the usual camp.
33131176-YplHV.jpg
The movies themselves are mediocre at best. I was in the minority who enjoyed Rogue One but at worst (so far) coming off The Last Jedi the latest entry has shown it's completely split what's left of the fanbase to the point it may have be the first signs its actually killed the franchise. Biggest second week drop in box office history, numbers are falling well short of the company's forecasted estimates.

It's not just that the films themselves are disappointing it's goes deeper than that. It's the content and agenda which Kathleen Kennedy, head of Lucasfilm makes no effort to hide. Under her leadership this new addiction of Star Wars films have been a $4 billion dollar experiment that we can now see has failed quite spectacularly. She tore up George's outline for the new trilogy, scrapped all Extended Universe content so there wouldn't be any learning curve trying to appeal to new fans.

She's thought we can make Star Wars more accessible for everyone. They've shifted the series to include and be dominated by dull female leads and uninteresting lacklustre characters. The result is neither young boys or girls which they were hoping for have any interest in Star Wars. The series just doesn't know what it is anymore by trying to appeal to everyone and force diversity at the expense of the storytelling.

You walk around the shops and see the vehicles, action figures from this new trilogy and they just aren't cool to children. No one wants to play with a Rose Tico figure. I was in Asda this evening and it's the same for all the major supermarkets, they're dumping the stock and it's ending up reduced, on clearance shelves and remaining stock sent to pound shops.
same old recycle story, i wanna see more of star wars universe, the script just felt like a basic story
33131902.jpgI think this says it all, I was going to post it as a deal but couldn't be bothered!
Edited by: "Dyslexic_Dog" 27th Jan
I thought rogue one was a brilliant film in the star wars universe, force awakens was good also but the last jedi was so messy,
'star wars a dead brand' ?

HAHAHAHAHA!

Poster - ''Hey Disneyworld - your going to have to scrap the upcoming billion dollar star wars world's at your parks mate.''

Disneyworld - ''hey''?

Poster - ''yeah scrap the lot - they are selling items off cheap in the uk so yes scrap the lot, the brand is dead''
Edited by: "PAUL7331" 25th Jan
sparc16 h, 41 m ago

[Image] The movies themselves are mediocre at best. I was in the minority …[Image] The movies themselves are mediocre at best. I was in the minority who enjoyed Rogue One but at worst (so far) coming off The Last Jedi the latest entry has shown it's completely split what's left of the fanbase to the point it may have be the first signs its actually killed the franchise. Biggest second week drop in box office history, numbers are falling well short of the company's forecasted estimates.It's not just that the films themselves are disappointing it's goes deeper than that. It's the content and agenda which Kathleen Kennedy, head of Lucasfilm makes no effort to hide. Under her leadership this new addiction of Star Wars films have been a $4 billion dollar experiment that we can now see has failed quite spectacularly. She tore up George's outline for the new trilogy, scrapped all Extended Universe content so there wouldn't be any learning curve trying to appeal to new fans. She's thought we can make Star Wars more accessible for everyone. They've shifted the series to include and be dominated by dull female leads and uninteresting lacklustre characters. The result is neither young boys or girls which they were hoping for have any interest in Star Wars. The series just doesn't know what it is anymore by trying to appeal to everyone and force diversity at the expense of the storytelling. You walk around the shops and see the vehicles, action figures from this new trilogy and they just aren't cool to children. No one wants to play with a Rose Tico figure. I was in Asda this evening and it's the same for all the major supermarkets, they're dumping the stock and it's ending up reduced, on clearance shelves and remaining stock sent to pound shops.

She’s had one good idea if we are all honest. She tore up anything George wanted.
His prequels sucked.

I’m annoyed about the EU. I was at least 120 books into it. Some was while others were great.

SW isn’t dead but Disney needs to see it as a long term thing and not focus on maximising profits at every turn.

The Lego SW for TLJ sucked. The Walkers especially.
PAUL73317 h, 19 m ago

'star wars a dead brand' ?HAHAHAHAHA!Poster - ''Hey Disneyworld - your …'star wars a dead brand' ?HAHAHAHAHA!Poster - ''Hey Disneyworld - your going to have to scrap the upcoming billion dollar star wars world's at your parks mate.'' Disneyworld - ''hey''?Poster - ''yeah scrap the lot - they are selling items off cheap in the uk so yes scrap the lot, the brand is dead''

33136783-tkq0g.jpg
33136783-qPdMI.jpg
I enjoyed Rogue One a lot.
FA and TLJ were below average.

They should have made the Thrawn Trilogy books into movies. They are excellent.
sparc18 h, 22 m ago

[Image] [Image]

This is kinda funny. You don't like the new Star Wars, and most people do. To reaffirm your minority view, you disregard all of the information and the figures available to you, and when someone disagrees with you you dig through seven years of their posting history to find something with which to (presuming this is your intent here) embarrass or discredit them. You don't seem to realise how absolutely pathetic a grasp at straws that it, or any of your arguments are.

Star Wars remains a highly enjoyable juggernaut. That's pretty much the end of the matter.

BTW, my posting history goes back a decade if you need to pull something out of that to try and get one over me.
sparc25th Jan

[Image] [Image]

Pathetic attempt at???? I'm not even sure what.

Youve made yourself out to be an idiot by saying the star wars brand is dead. People are laughing at you mate!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions