Star Wars The Last Jedi

Found 10th Oct 2017Edited by:"ThugBasher"
2810329.jpg
Director said watching the trailer would spoil the film?

Nothing seems spoiled to me only wanting to ask more questions!

YouTube Trailer
Community Updates
Misc
31 Comments
I bet this is almost as bad as episode 7.
I usually wait til I have heard all the spoilers before watching a film these days.
Reverse spoiler theory in action.
Destard1 h, 26 m ago

I bet this is almost as bad as episode 7.

Go on... I'll bite; why did you think Episode VII wasn't very good?
"Director said watching the trailer would spoil the film"

Much like every trailer then.
fanpages23 m ago

There were so many things wrong with it.
The whole movie was a pile of sith.
Could do a whole dedicated thread on the subject.
Edited by: "Uranus" 10th Oct 2017
Destard32 m ago

There were so many things wrong with it.The whole movie was a pile of …There were so many things wrong with it.The whole movie was a pile of sith.Could do a whole dedicated thread on the subject.

Go on... name a few. At least give us something to discuss rather than just a sweeping statement.

Conversely, if there so many things wrong with it, there must have been a small proportion of things Disney did right.
fanpages26 m ago

Go on... name a few. At least give us something to discuss rather than …Go on... name a few. At least give us something to discuss rather than just a sweeping statement.Conversely, if there so many things wrong with it, there must have been a small proportion of things Disney did right.

OK I'll give one example.
A former stormtrooper picks up and manages to uses a light sabre against a Sith who continues to duel him in that manner rather than killing him with a hand gesture.
Destard57 m ago

OK I'll give one example.A former stormtrooper picks up and manages to …OK I'll give one example.A former stormtrooper picks up and manages to uses a light sabre against a Sith who continues to duel him in that manner rather than killing him with a hand gesture.

If said former stormtrooper had enough of the force in him to be able to pick up and use a lightsaber, it would make perfect sense that a character as needy and hubristic as Ben would want to prove himself. You're right; he should have killed him with a hand gesture... I have a feeling he'll regret not doing exactly that.

This isn't a negative, It's how you tell a story.
Edited by: "Krooner" 10th Oct 2017
Destard2 h, 10 m ago

OK I'll give one example.A former stormtrooper picks up and manages to …OK I'll give one example.A former stormtrooper picks up and manages to uses a light sabre against a Sith who continues to duel him in that manner rather than killing him with a hand gesture.

So, just the one example, then.

OK.
fanpages26 m ago

So, just the one example, then.OK.

Yes.
OK.
Spoilers? Lightsabre wielding Trooper aside, it's all fan service which will inevitably fail to meet expectations.
MBeeching2 h, 59 m ago

Spoilers? Lightsabre wielding Trooper aside, it's all fan service which …Spoilers? Lightsabre wielding Trooper aside, it's all fan service which will inevitably fail to meet expectations.

I would argue that Rogue One had lots of fan service, yet that was a far superior movie to Force Awakens, to the point where I think it met and exceeded the expectations of many.
fanpages10th Oct

I’ll throw you a bone. While I enjoyed 7 and have midnight show tickets bought.
7 came across as a reboot. With too many recycled moments. Plasma in trash chute, weakness in super weapon, hidden details in a droid, crash on desert planet, heap of junk, etc.

I just hope this isn’t an Empire remake.
Oneday777 h, 0 m ago

7 came across as a reboot.

While I cant disagree with some of your points, it was supposed to come across as a reboot... That's exactly what it was, albeit a soft one.

While it hits the same beats story-wise, it's worth remembering that some of the kids who watched the original trilogy are grandparents now Ten year olds who sat and watched 'The Phantom Menace' are pushing thirty, probably with kids of their own. There's plenty of new, original world-building in TFA, we wouldn't be this excited if there wasn't.

I think the nudges and winks where a lot more destructive to 'Rogue One'. TFA feels like a celebration of what had happened before, a familiar jumping-off point for new adventures. R1 felt slowed down by having to make those connections obvious. I wish they'd have just cut it loose, that was what it was supposed to be after all. Changing the score, then having the new score be eerily reminiscent of the JW score, only served to make you miss the original score. It's like they wanted to create something different, but got cold feet at the last jump.

I don't think 'The Forces Awakens' is perfect of course, but I'd rate it higher than 'Jedi' in my top 8 (for now) And I do think it works better overall than 'Rogue One' although I enjoyed that too. But the; "it's the same as A New Hope" argument is tired.
Krooner2 h, 7 m ago

While I cant disagree with some of your points, it was supposed to come …While I cant disagree with some of your points, it was supposed to come across as a reboot... That's exactly what it was, albeit a soft one. While it hits the same beats story-wise, it's worth remembering that some of the kids who watched the original trilogy are grandparents now Ten year olds who sat and watched 'The Phantom Menace' are pushing thirty, probably with kids of their own. There's plenty of new, original world-building in TFA, we wouldn't be this excited if there wasn't. I think the nudges and winks where a lot more destructive to 'Rogue One'. TFA feels like a celebration of what had happened before, a familiar jumping-off point for new adventures. R1 felt slowed down by having to make those connections obvious. I wish they'd have just cut it loose, that was what it was supposed to be after all. Changing the score, then having the new score be eerily reminiscent of the JW score, only served to make you miss the original score. It's like they wanted to create something different, but got cold feet at the last jump. I don't think 'The Forces Awakens' is perfect of course, but I'd rate it higher than 'Jedi' in my top 8 (for now) And I do think it works better overall than 'Rogue One' although I enjoyed that too. But the; "it's the same as A New Hope" argument is tired.

Disagree with pretty much everything in that post. Sorry.

I found Rogue One to be an amazing movie.
Destard38 m ago

Disagree with pretty much everything in that post. Sorry.I found Rogue One …Disagree with pretty much everything in that post. Sorry.I found Rogue One to be an amazing movie.

Okay. Care to elaborate? You don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of discourse Destard. I didn't say 'Rogue One' was a bad movie, I'm suggesting that the "fan-service" contained therein was more intrusive.
Edited by: "Krooner" 12th Oct 2017
They must be mad to continue with Kylo Ren and Boyega and that girl.
That was such a flop movie. Guess it's time for Disney to milk the cow
One thing they should have copied from the originals was to get someone else to overdub Kylo Ren's dialogue when he's wearing the mask so I can actually hear what he's saying. Darth Mumble.
I think Rouge one was better than Episode 7. Episode 7,8 and 9 will just be a clones of 4,5 and 6.
32244831-9yrUr.jpg
zworld14 h, 28 m ago

They must be mad to continue with Kylo Ren and Boyega and that girl.That …They must be mad to continue with Kylo Ren and Boyega and that girl.That was such a flop movie. Guess it's time for Disney to milk the cow

I assume 'that girl' refers to Daisy Ridley. I thought she made a fairly strong debut - not easy establishing a new S.W. character.

32244875-LDrJO.jpg
Saturn10 h, 35 m ago

I assume 'that girl' refers to Daisy Ridley. I thought she made a fairly …I assume 'that girl' refers to Daisy Ridley. I thought she made a fairly strong debut - not easy establishing a new S.W. character.[Image]

A girl who has not been tested for midichlorian levels to test if she can be a Jedi padawan.
A girl who does not need lightsaber training.
A girl who has not learnt the way of the Force by training for years in a Jedi temple
A girl who has no experience of being on missions with a Jedi Master.

Disney might as well call these movies Straw wars!
zworld3 m ago

A girl who has not been tested for midichlorian levels to test if she can …A girl who has not been tested for midichlorian levels to test if she can be a Jedi padawan.A girl who does not need lightsaber training.A girl who has not learnt the way of the Force by training for years in a Jedi templeA girl who has no experience of being on missions with a Jedi Master.Disney might as well call these movies Straw wars!

...The long-established skills of one of her (grand)parents is all the explanation required for her lack of training.
david_wavid11 h, 14 m ago

I think Rouge one was better than Episode 7. Episode 7,8 and 9 will just …I think Rouge one was better than Episode 7. Episode 7,8 and 9 will just be a clones of 4,5 and 6.

32248541-zSbaK.jpg
Oneday7712th Oct

I’ll throw you a bone. While I enjoyed 7 and have midnight show tickets b …I’ll throw you a bone. While I enjoyed 7 and have midnight show tickets bought. 7 came across as a reboot. With too many recycled moments. Plasma in trash chute, weakness in super weapon, hidden details in a droid, crash on desert planet, heap of junk, etc. I just hope this isn’t an Empire remake.

Did the role reversal between the Skywalker & Kenobi family members pass you by, or are you saving your scorn for later movies?
fanpages4 h, 56 m ago

Did the role reversal between the Skywalker & Kenobi family members pass …Did the role reversal between the Skywalker & Kenobi family members pass you by, or are you saving your scorn for later movies?

For now the reversal is a rumour.

As for Scorn, wouldn’t go that far. However having read just about every book set after A New Hope. Admittedly most is now not cannon. I have seen how much the Star Wars Universe can be expanded into.

I’d liked to have watched a more diverse story. Without the same old references.

At least I can’t put my Han(d) on a bad feeling about this movie.
Saturn13th Oct

I assume 'that girl' refers to Daisy Ridley. I thought she made a fairly …I assume 'that girl' refers to Daisy Ridley. I thought she made a fairly strong debut - not easy establishing a new S.W. character.[Image]

One who has expereicne of the using the lightsaber can deflect such energy shots btw
stamps!!

other goodies too :

royalmail.com/sta…BwE
Edited by: "seb" 14th Oct 2017
zworld15 h, 56 m ago

A girl who has not been tested for midichlorian levels to test if she can …A girl who has not been tested for midichlorian levels to test if she can be a Jedi padawan.A girl who does not need lightsaber training.A girl who has not learnt the way of the Force by training for years in a Jedi templeA girl who has no experience of being on missions with a Jedi Master.Disney might as well call these movies Straw wars!

zworld57 m ago

One who has expereicne of the using the lightsaber can deflect such energy …One who has expereicne of the using the lightsaber can deflect such energy shots btw

I think it is safe to say that you are more of a Star Wars aficionado than I am. I defer to your more detailed knowledge of Jedi.

32251049-EhoER.jpg
[ twitter.com/Ham…o/1 ]

32292371-BkXxA.jpg
@HamillHimselfOct 17
NEWS FLASH for all you "Villains Looming at the Back of Posters" theorists: Luke was ALWAYS the villain! (from a certain point of view)

32292371-ipyIo.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants