my passport and driving licence are out of date

can I still open a account?

Many Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
A question to ask them me thinks.
You will struggle now to open any bank account without Id, also if your driving licence is out of date and you are driving make sure you get it updated as that’s a fine
I didn’t think live chat would still be open

Just spoke to them and they said that your identification can be up to 3 months out of date
Be careful:

"It is important to know when your driving licence expiry date is (or was), as it is illegal to drive without a valid licence. Although the DVLA may send renewal reminders prior to the expiry date, it is your responsibility to make sure that your licence is up-to-date, including getting renewal forms if necessary. Driving without a valid driving licence can result in a fine of up to £1,000, and between three and six penalty points on your licence. Your car can also be seized. Vehicles of persistent offenders can be crushed/disposed of by the police."
Mendoza28/02/2020 19:12

I didn’t think live chat would still be open Just spoke to them and they s …I didn’t think live chat would still be open Just spoke to them and they said that your identification can be up to 3 months out of date

Live chat with Starling is 24/7
Phsycronix28/02/2020 19:37

Be careful:"It is important to know when your driving licence expiry date …Be careful:"It is important to know when your driving licence expiry date is (or was), as it is illegal to drive without a valid licence. Although the DVLA may send renewal reminders prior to the expiry date, it is your responsibility to make sure that your licence is up-to-date, including getting renewal forms if necessary. Driving without a valid driving licence can result in a fine of up to £1,000, and between three and six penalty points on your licence. Your car can also be seized. Vehicles of persistent offenders can be crushed/disposed of by the police."

yeah I thought they sent reminders too, until I seen my licence ran out in 2018

luckily I don’t drive right now
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants