start rescue breakdown

Posted 28th Nov
I am currently with Autoaid but they have put the prices up £60
I was looking at other alternatives which offer similar service.

Has anyone had any dealings with Start rescue, seem to have positive reviews.
currently £32 on offer!
roadside, nationwide and home recovery.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
I've been with them for years now and on the two occasions my partner has had need to use them they have been brilliant, I personally would definitely recommend them, and as a plus they have never yet hiked up the premium at renewal time in fact they normally give a 10% discount regardless if we've had to use them or not.
Dyslexic_Dog28/11/2019 17:47

I've been with them for years now and on the two occasions my partner has …I've been with them for years now and on the two occasions my partner has had need to use them they have been brilliant, I personally would definitely recommend them, and as a plus they have never yet hiked up the premium at renewal time in fact they normally give a 10% discount regardless if we've had to use them or not.

Did they try to fix your car or did tow you to the nearest garage?
hackerace28/11/2019 18:39

...I was looking at other alternatives which offer similar service.

That may be difficult. If the issue cannot be resolved at the roadside AutoAid will take your busted vehicle to any destination you choose, not necessarily to the operator's preferred destination as for some other operators' policies which is usually nearest garage, which may be closed, for the weekend.
AutoAid offer assistance / recovery after road traffic accident / vandalism / (non-component-failure) etc, most other operators will also do this, but only for a significant fee charged at time of assistance request.
Similar for assitance after lost / busted keys: included with AutoAid; not included or chargeable via other services.
Same for mis-fuelling incidents or simply lack of fuel.
Just like any other insurance policy, you really do need to compare like for like.
The only questionable exclusion that may be of potential inconvenience is "Any request for service if the vehicle is off-road or cannot be reached due to snow, mud, sand or flood."
If somebody can identify a credible solution to your post I'd jump on it.
AndyRoyd28/11/2019 19:16

That may be difficult. If the issue cannot be resolved at the roadside …That may be difficult. If the issue cannot be resolved at the roadside AutoAid will take your busted vehicle to any destination you choose, not necessarily to the operator's preferred destination as for some other operators' policies which is usually nearest garage, which may be closed, for the weekend. AutoAid offer assistance / recovery after road traffic accident / vandalism / (non-component-failure) etc, most other operators will also do this, but only for a significant fee charged at time of assistance request. Similar for assitance after lost / busted keys: included with AutoAid; not included or chargeable via other services. Same for mis-fuelling incidents or simply lack of fuel. Just like any other insurance policy, you really do need to compare like for like. The only questionable exclusion that may be of potential inconvenience is "Any request for service if the vehicle is off-road or cannot be reached due to snow, mud, sand or flood."If somebody can identify a credible solution to your post I'd jump on it.

Thats why i like to compare like for like but most things you may not need. I never needed to make any call outs with auto aid so i cant review their service but based on others feedback they seem very good. I am wondering weather the exta £30 is justifiable when others seem a lot cheaper and offer simular service. It's good to get others opinions so you get first hand experience before making informed decisions. Thanks for your feedback.
I have been with them for 4 years. Had to call twice 2 years ago and were absolutely brilliant. Price rises are around £2-£3 a year so real bargain compared to the rest out there. When you call with a breakdown they rink a local garage and get them to come out to you really quick. Think 30 mins and issues were sorted there and then. Mechanic even told me best garage to go to for a new battery at a discount price.
hackerace28/11/2019 19:48

Thats why i like to compare like for like but most things you may not …Thats why i like to compare like for like but most things you may not need. I never needed to make any call outs with auto aid so i cant review their service but based on others feedback they seem very good. I am wondering weather the exta £30 is justifiable when others seem a lot cheaper and offer simular service. It's good to get others opinions so you get first hand experience before making informed decisions. Thanks for your feedback.

Most peeps would probably appreciate a recovery option. Two immediate observations below to your mention of Start Rescue. The obs are based on the Start 2star product and assuming correct interpretation of Start's t&c:
"...If the vehicle cannot be repaired within the same working day in accordance with One Star cover, we will arrange for the vehicle, you and the passengers to be recovered to your home address, or if you would prefer and it is closer, your preferred destination within the territorial limits (UK)... Recovery of the vehicle, you and passengers must take place at the same time as the initial callout..."
So the reasonable interpretation is that you likely need to breakdown after say 3pm to stand a chance of not being left stranded at a garage that subsequently fails to fix the issue same day, and if you timed the breakdown in your favour you can only be recovered to your preferred destination if it is less distance that your home address.
That is a significantly different recovery service to AutoAid.
@hackerace do you have the link to the offer?
I'm in a similar dilemma, start rescue are in the top 5 on review centre. I would avoid the cheap groupon deals as they have so many get out clauses and hidded extra costs. As most of these breakdown cover companies use local recovery firms where you breakdown the service is hard review as every local firm is different, also many reviews have never actually made a callout which is a bit pointless imo. I don't tend to bother with home start as I would usually get a friend to look at it.

reviewcentre.com/pro…tml

Start rescue have 15.15% cashback at topcashback so works out £37 for 2 star.

Start rescue seem quite good bang for buck.

autoexpress.co.uk/car…019
bazray06/12/2019 11:09

I'm in a similar dilemma, start rescue are in the top 5 on review centre. …I'm in a similar dilemma, start rescue are in the top 5 on review centre. I would avoid the cheap groupon deals as they have so many get out clauses and hidded extra costs. As most of these breakdown cover companies use local recovery firms where you breakdown the service is hard review as every local firm is different, also many reviews have never actually made a callout which is a bit pointless imo. I don't tend to bother with home start as I would usually get a friend to look at it.https://www.reviewcentre.com/products1018.htmlStart rescue have 15.15% cashback at topcashback so works out £37 for 2 star.Start rescue seem quite good bang for buck.https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/driver-power/92413/best-breakdown-cover-2019

Yes thanks for that, seems to get decent reviews, there's also a £5 discount code which I've found that works.
hackerace06/12/2019 14:45

Yes thanks for that, seems to get decent reviews, there's also a £5 …Yes thanks for that, seems to get decent reviews, there's also a £5 discount code which I've found that works.

No problem, I also had a quick look for discount codes and "15APP" takes 15% off as well ( there is a 25% off code but it dosn't seem to work). £37.04 for 2 star or £48.70 for the full 3 star, I think I'm going to go for it.
bazray06/12/2019 15:32

No problem, I also had a quick look for discount codes and "15APP" takes …No problem, I also had a quick look for discount codes and "15APP" takes 15% off as well ( there is a 25% off code but it dosn't seem to work). £37.04 for 2 star or £48.70 for the full 3 star, I think I'm going to go for it.

I get £32 for 3 star cover with code.
it's got free legal cover does that mean I can cancel my car insurance legal cover as its up for renewal?
Edited by: "hackerace" 6th Dec
hackerace06/12/2019 15:40

I get £32 for 3 star cover with code.it's got free legal cover does that …I get £32 for 3 star cover with code.it's got free legal cover does that mean I can cancel my car insurance legal cover as its up for renewal?

Your car must be newer than mine hence the cheaper price. I always cancel legal cover on car insurance anyway as I decided it was a con for example:

thisismoney.co.uk/mon…tml
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants