Groups

Starting college tomorrow with the young'uns - bit scared LOL!

Am 26 and haven't been to college since I was 17.

Now I have 2 kiddies, youngest starting school so want to go back to studying as I did okay in my GCSE's but got a bit lost after.

Am a bit apprehensive going back with al the young'uns and am worried if I will cope with the coursework and studying, feeling a bit brain dead!

14 Comments

great to heart that u still have heart to get back to college after 9 years.

good luck and Im sure you'll be fine :). What will you be studying??

i am sure you will be fine, just watch out for the young uns trying to have a crack at an older woman.:whistling:

Original Poster

LOL!

Studying BTEC Appiled Science, equivalent to 2 A-levels

Only 3 days a week but seems like everything is against me already - the timetable isn't ideal, I haven't got much support with the kiddies, no car parking unless I use pay and display and move my car every 2 hours - and also not enough time to get a bus there as I only have 10 minutes between my sons school starting and my class starting

On the one hand, I feel that I have to at least give it a go but on the other hand I fell like I will feel worse if I just flop it once I start

I wouldn't worry about it. A lot of folk in their twenties and thirties are returning to education due to the current recession.

Banned

Your going to college at 26? damn wish I could, thought us old folk were banned. kudos to you!

Im sure you'll be absolutly fine and have a good day tomorrow!

P.S Everyones always impressed by the people who have cars

Original Poster

Daft Punk;6226127

Im sure you'll be absolutly fine and have a good day tomorrow!P.S … Im sure you'll be absolutly fine and have a good day tomorrow!P.S Everyones always impressed by the people who have cars

Doubt mine they will be - don't think they will even see it cos I will be moving it every 2 hours :roll:
    It wouldn't be so bad if I could just feed the machine, gonna cost me £6 a day - but no, you can't stay in the same place for more than 2 hours (my morning clas IS 2 hours long :roll:)

Original Poster

lumoruk;6226121

Your going to college at 26? damn wish I could, thought us old folk were … Your going to college at 26? damn wish I could, thought us old folk were banned. kudos to you!

Well I have just been a stay at home mummy, so now my youngest is starting school I don't wanna be just hanging around cleaning the house all day (would have liked a little break though, rather than having to start same time as the kids - I am recovering from school hols!)

Quality decision you've taken here.

You'll be fine. If you need help/have questions, just ask. Teachers usually care and are useful.

Most of all, enjoy it. It is actually fun!

Just get your head down and you'll be fine.

Mrs.Z;6226140

Doubt mine they will be - don't think they will even see it cos I will be … Doubt mine they will be - don't think they will even see it cos I will be moving it every 2 hours :roll:It wouldn't be so bad if I could just feed the machine, gonna cost me £6 a day - but no, you can't stay in the same place for more than 2 hours (my morning clas IS 2 hours long :roll:)

Maybe you could drive round when you have a bit of time and see if you can somewhere close by where you can park for free

Original Poster

treble99;6226158

Maybe you could drive round when you have a bit of time and see if you … Maybe you could drive round when you have a bit of time and see if you can somewhere close by where you can park for free

No chance of free parking anywhere near by, its all yellow lines and pay and display (East London)

Nearest place I can park is by my daughters school, but I have to drop my son at his school after which is further away - to drive back to my daughter's school and walk to college would take at least 30 minutes, whereas I have about 10!

Original Poster

Wanted to be in bed early but just finished ironing, need to put it away and dig out my school stuff :giggle:

You'd be fine! Sure you'll have more worries about fighting off young male student advances and traffic wardens!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047172
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767418
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?67
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876394

See more discussions