Posted 1st MayEdited by:"allowed"
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Don't call me.
20 Comments
Be prepared for some grumpy people that do not want to be contacted
And always be polite.
Excuse my cluelessness on the subject, but if you are furloughed I didn't think you were allowed to work (for that employer)? Else you are working just at home and they're getting off with paying less?
Don't call me.
Whoohoo01/05/2020 13:29

Excuse my cluelessness on the subject, but if you are furloughed I didn't …Excuse my cluelessness on the subject, but if you are furloughed I didn't think you were allowed to work (for that employer)? Else you are working just at home and they're getting off with paying less?

How do you know he’s furloughed? Just says he’s starting a new job?
Pipey8401/05/2020 13:43

How do you know he’s furloughed? Just says he’s starting a new job?

He said in his post before he edited it
Whoohoo01/05/2020 13:44

He said in his post before he edited it

Oh.. haha well I can’t see that now he’s edited it
Pipey8401/05/2020 13:45

Oh.. haha well I can’t see that now he’s edited it

Yep. Not sure why the edit
Is it inbound or outbound calling? Inbound is so much easier as they’ve chosen to talk to you. I was always rubbish at outbound calling as I hate trying to convince people to give me their time, then putting them on the spot by trying to ‘close the deal... Good luck!
Whoohoo01/05/2020 13:29

Excuse my cluelessness on the subject, but if you are furloughed I didn't …Excuse my cluelessness on the subject, but if you are furloughed I didn't think you were allowed to work (for that employer)? Else you are working just at home and they're getting off with paying less?

Just checked it out on the HMRC website and you are right, brilliant I can watch Netflix drink beer and the wife can’t send me to DIY stores

Thanks
allowed01/05/2020 13:59

Just checked it out on the HMRC website and you are right, brilliant I can …Just checked it out on the HMRC website and you are right, brilliant I can watch Netflix drink beer and the wife can’t send me to DIY storesThanks

dunno about the wife bit haha good luck
Sorry guys, he's ok to START work for someone. Rules are you can't work for YOUR OWN EMPLOYER while furloughed.
He can't, though, change employer and keep getting furlough pay from the first employer (if he doesn't tell them, I don't see how they would know though).
Ringfinger01/05/2020 14:51

Sorry guys, he's ok to START work for someone. Rules are you can't work …Sorry guys, he's ok to START work for someone. Rules are you can't work for YOUR OWN EMPLOYER while furloughed. He can't, though, change employer and keep getting furlough pay from the first employer (if he doesn't tell them, I don't see how they would know though).

He said it was his own work asking him to
Whoohoo01/05/2020 15:41

He said it was his own work asking him to

He must have removed that bit. He's deleted everything after 'telesa'...
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 1st May
Ringfinger01/05/2020 15:53

He must have removed that bit. He's deleted everything after 'telesa'...

He could just be starting work on Tulisa.. that would give his mrs something to complain about.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 1st May
Ringfinger01/05/2020 15:54

He could just be starting work on Tulisa.. that would give his mrs …He could just be starting work on Tulisa.. that would give his mrs something to complain about.

Yeah whole paragraph went
Bigfootpete01/05/2020 13:25

Be prepared for some grumpy people that do not want to be contacted Be prepared for some grumpy people that do not want to be contacted And always be polite.

I think you mean:

Bigfootpete01/05/2020 13:25

Be prepared for perfectly reasonable people who dislike having their time …Be prepared for perfectly reasonable people who dislike having their time wasted by answering unsolicited sales calls And always refuse to take no for an answer.

I did telesales during summer of 2005. It was the worst job in my career.
Only did it for 3 months before I started Uni.
Every week there would be new blood and if you miss your weekly target your out the door.
I managed to survive for the 3 months I wanted to be employed for but unless the employer is a good one I would avoid. I recommend you stack shelves in the supermarkets as an alternative.
I hope you'll be calling India and give them a taste of there own medicine
Good luck with it

make sure this does not happen!

Still funny now!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions