Groups

Starview/Eurovox

Hey,

Does anyone use a starview box, just wondering where you get them from...do you just need a splitter attached to your virgin media cable coming in?

How much do these boxes cost, work well etc?

Cheers

6 Comments

they dont get any channels now (in most areas) virgin changed security to nagra3

spenz09;8636503

they dont get any channels now (in most areas) virgin changed security to … they dont get any channels now (in most areas) virgin changed security to nagra3

+1 All but worthless now.

Linux based boxes might get use back in the future but will have to wait and see.

Original Poster

Ah right I see, so basically a bit pointless right now as virgin have blocked the channels?

yes and its against the law to steal cable channels.
    why dont you just pay for them like everyone has to?

zoozoo;8636730

Ah right I see, so basically a bit pointless right now as virgin have … Ah right I see, so basically a bit pointless right now as virgin have blocked the channels?

Basically virgin have changed the encryption. The new Nagra3 they are using is basically the same as sky. Nobody has broken this yet (it's all about time and resources) and there are other ways round it like card sharing (see google) which is used on sky and will probably come to cable too for people using linux boxes.

If you haven't guessed using boxes not authorised by the cable company is not allowed as is using card sharing services on sky.

If it's sport your after there are more legitimate ways to gain it if your prepared to invest in a big'ish satellite dish and equipment. Look out for guv's satellite thread in the misc.

Original Poster

Cheers for useful info!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114442
      2. Well Done Turkey, Education improvement1437
      3. Apples new update11
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767105

See more discussions