Groups

Starving/Homeless Adults & Children in the UK & we do this !!

I actually had to read the amount twice & makes you wonder how this even happened when we all now have to give to charity's in the UK to feed & keep people warm who don't even have a house to live in.
    To hand over so much money to a silly pop band that more than likely will not be successful makes no sense & it makes you wonder if a backhander was given behind a closed door.

bbc.co.uk/new…631

77 Comments

Absolutely it'll have been some shady deal behind closed doors. Anyone wanna create a girl band with me? I hear there are some rather lucrative grants we might be able to claim!

I visited Ethiopia in 1995, beautiful country but the people were amongst the worst Id ever met. Hopefully things have changed but the finance from the likes of band aid etc had also had a negative impact. The younger generation saw us westerners as nothing more than a money pit, a lot of the aid in the form of clothes and food ended up being sold on the markets etc. Instead of educating them and teaching them how to be self sufficient we just gave them money and left them so no wonder why they were the way they were.It brought up a generation of people relaint on others and when the money stopped it just left a screwed up society.

They appear to be a programme set up to empower women on issues facing them in places like Ethiopia. Calling them the Ethiopian Spice Girls probably isn't accurate and trivialises programmes like this.

OP seems to have bought the Mails line hook, line and sinker.

Perhaps the money saved could be put to other uses, like providing the West Yorkshire Police with body cams.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

They appear to be a programme set up to empower women on issues facing … They appear to be a programme set up to empower women on issues facing them in places like Ethiopia. Calling them the Ethiopian Spice Girls probably isn't accurate and trivialises programmes like this.OP seems to have bought the Mails line hook, line and sinker.

um....!!! Anyone see the mistake here?

jigglypuff

Perhaps the money saved could be put to other uses, like providing the … Perhaps the money saved could be put to other uses, like providing the West Yorkshire Police with body cams.

​west Yorkshire police have bodycams, they've just spent 2million on them.
    I dare say it will come out in the enquiry why armed police weren't using them.

sleep soundly knowing your money is empowering thousands of women & girls across Africa...I'm sure they're all shocked & saddened that a homeless dude in Liverpool froze to death this week (_;)

I also have a cunning plan. I'm going to put on 200 kilos in weight, wear multicoloured robes and call myself Mr Batman or Sir Superman. I'll then open a youth club and hand out hundreds of pounds to the kids so they can buy shoes, drugs or haribo.

I think the government will fund me...whatdya reckon?

splatsplatsplat

I also have a cunning plan. I'm going to put on 200 kilos in weight, wear … I also have a cunning plan. I'm going to put on 200 kilos in weight, wear multicoloured robes and call myself Mr Batman or Sir Superman. I'll then open a youth club and hand out hundreds of pounds to the kids so they can buy shoes, drugs or haribo.I think the government will fund me...whatdya reckon?

You're a genius, I can't think of anything more beneficial to inner city kids...apart from maybe a pony
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/01/06/14/3BE5145400000578-4094924-image-a-26_1483711387507.jpg
    But I'm sure you'll get a grant for that too X)

Why not pick the next Ethiopia news story from the list ? (_;)
    voanews.com/a/e…tml
    It is sicking that people are dying on our streets when we are insanely rich
    it doesn't alter the fact they are insanely poor

splatsplatsplat

I also have a cunning plan. I'm going to put on 200 kilos in weight, wear … I also have a cunning plan. I'm going to put on 200 kilos in weight, wear multicoloured robes and call myself Mr Batman or Sir Superman. I'll then open a youth club and hand out hundreds of pounds to the kids so they can buy shoes, drugs or haribo.I think the government will fund me...whatdya reckon?

​nah, its been done.
    you have to think up something original.

thewongwing101

Why not pick the next Ethiopia news story from the list ? … Why not pick the next Ethiopia news story from the list ? (_;)http://www.voanews.com/a/ethiopia-female-genital-mutilation-attitudes-changing/3663989.htmlIt is sicking that people are dying on our streets when we are insanely richit doesn't alter the fact they are insanely poor

This also goes on in the Uk with girls who were actually born in the Uk.

rhinopaul

This also goes on in the Uk with girls who were actually born in the Uk.

I just picked on the next news story a good news story
    as it happens somewhat relevant to the thread

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

They appear to be a programme set up to empower women on issues facing … They appear to be a programme set up to empower women on issues facing them in places like Ethiopia. Calling them the Ethiopian Spice Girls probably isn't accurate and trivialises programmes like this.OP seems to have bought the Mails line hook, line and sinker.

Its a silly idea anyway the money would be better spent promoting such things in schools and workplaces

jigglypuff

Perhaps the money saved could be put to other uses, like providing the … Perhaps the money saved could be put to other uses, like providing the West Yorkshire Police with body cams.

Because cameras are excellent in the dark aren't they.

What a waste of money. I'm somewhat glad by this unusually sensible turn around.
    People empower themselves. Give them the means to feed themselves through providing irrigation, clean water and instigating primary industries. I would be certain this would be much more beneficial and cost effective than wasting £12 million on this lot.

Banned

peeej1978

Absolutely it'll have been some shady deal behind closed doors. Anyone … Absolutely it'll have been some shady deal behind closed doors. Anyone wanna create a girl band with me? I hear there are some rather lucrative grants we might be able to claim!

You can even claim creative industry tax credits!!

Banned

peeej1978

Absolutely it'll have been some shady deal behind closed doors. Anyone … Absolutely it'll have been some shady deal behind closed doors. Anyone wanna create a girl band with me? I hear there are some rather lucrative grants we might be able to claim!

Can I be manager?

Yes, this money was spent incorrectly and should have been used for other international projects.

The world is a mess and we have obligations to help other people in countries who are less fortunate than us. Every other affluent country has similar commitments.

It is something we have done for 100s of years, ingrained in our values and it's what makes us British.

So no, I don't think it should be spent on bodycams for West Yorkshire police.

Leonintelex

Yes, this money was spent incorrectly and should have been used for other … Yes, this money was spent incorrectly and should have been used for other international projects.The world is a mess and we have obligations to help other people in countries who are less fortunate than us. Every other affluent country has similar commitments.It is something we have done for 100s of years, ingrained in our values and it's what makes us British. So no, I don't think it should be spent on bodycams for West Yorkshire police.

​west Yorkshire police have bodycams, I've just seen two on the ring road waiting for the Huddersfield town match to finish.
    they spent 2 million on them.
    it will come out in the enquiry why the armed police didn't have them.

From what I've seen if you're going to give extra money to the police it should be spent on improving the police driving schools, they really can't drive for toffee.

shadey12

​west Yorkshire police have bodycams, I've just seen two on the ring road … ​west Yorkshire police have bodycams, I've just seen two on the ring road waiting for the Huddersfield town match to finish.they spent 2 million on them.it will come out in the enquiry why the armed police didn't have them.

Let's not waste money on calling for an enquiry, cameras work very well in the dark don't they, unless you wanted the police wearing night vision then time to stop asking why they weren't wearing them when they killed a crook with a gun after they had to force his car to a stop. Maybe we should ask for an enquiry into what those poor police and other people on the road felt like with a gun in the hands of the crook.

eslick

Let's not waste money on calling for an enquiry, cameras work very well … Let's not waste money on calling for an enquiry, cameras work very well in the dark don't they, unless you wanted the police wearing night vision then time to stop asking why they weren't wearing them when they killed a crook with a gun after they had to force his car to a stop. Maybe we should ask for an enquiry into what those poor police and other people on the road felt like with a gun in the hands of the crook.

​has been said on other thread there has to be an enquiry.
    I think they will have footage regardless, they are not going to make it public though.

shadey12

​has been said on other thread there has to be an enquiry.I think they w … ​has been said on other thread there has to be an enquiry.I think they will have footage regardless, they are not going to make it public though.

There will be an investigation and it's already started but reality is it won't be about body cams that's for sure and has nothing to do with the foreign aid budget, if you want an enquiry then that's what we should be asking for one not a complete waste of time about body cams. Why do we pay millions to two countries with space agencies, maybe we should start there.

Leonintelex

Yes, this money was spent incorrectly and should have been used for other … Yes, this money was spent incorrectly and should have been used for other international projects.The world is a mess and we have obligations to help other people in countries who are less fortunate than us. Every other affluent country has similar commitments.It is something we have done for 100s of years, ingrained in our values and it's what makes us British. So no, I don't think it should be spent on bodycams for West Yorkshire police.

​what obligation? do you and I have an obligation?

The police were undercover so cameras would sort of gave the game away.

Why did you have to mention this OP? I saw it on the news this morning and had just about managed to regain my composure.

smiler594

Can I be manager?

Sorry........ Simon Cowell has beaten you to it.

WheresMeNuts

Are you being serious ?

Yes why post a thread so far from home if that is what you really care about ?

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xGoIu3m5AtdJcY/giphy.gif

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Yes why post a thread so far from home if that is what you really care … Yes why post a thread so far from home if that is what you really care about ?

Are you for real ? The British Government never used £5.2m of fake notes.They used our (yes mine as well) monies to help a stupid girl band.
    Are you suggesting they did the correct thing & I & others should not talk about it ?

WheresMeNuts

Are you for real ? The British Government never used £5.2m of fake … Are you for real ? The British Government never used £5.2m of fake notes.They used our (yes mine as well) monies to help a stupid girl band.Are you suggesting they did the correct thing & I & others should not talk about it ?

Nope just suggesting you have other motives (_;)

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Look at my profile & show me racism ?

WheresMeNuts

Look at my profile & show me racism ?

Don't need to
    this says it tbh

Starving/Homeless Adults & Children in the UK & we do this !!

edit; I see what you mean (_;)
    says a lot (_;)

Edited by: "Wongy110" 7th Jan

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Remember tonight in your hot bed, you'll have people here in the UK sleeping in the cold streets & you can dream of a stupid girl band getting £5.2m of the UK's money. What a daft idiot !!

WheresMeNuts

Remember tonight in your hot bed, you'll have people here in the UK … Remember tonight in your hot bed, you'll have people here in the UK sleeping in the cold streets & you can dream of a stupid girl band getting £5.2m of the UK's money. What a daft idiot !!

Yes and here we are getting are knickers in a twist on the interweb !

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Don't need to this says it tbhedit; I see what you mean (_;)says a lot … Don't need to this says it tbhedit; I see what you mean (_;)says a lot (_;)

Well what do you want to do about it ?
    Report my post for being racist & I bet the Admin/Mods will as good as tell you to shut up.Your slobbering nonsense on this thread.

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Yes and here we are getting are knickers in a twist on the interweb !

Call anyone a racist on here & expect that they will defend themselves.

WheresMeNuts

Well what do you want to do about it ?Report my post for being racist & I … Well what do you want to do about it ?Report my post for being racist & I bet the Admin/Mods will as good as tell you to shut up.Your slobbering nonsense on this thread.

Not reported anything here mate

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Explain my Motives ???
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians712
      2. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?710
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1319
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414

See more discussions