Groups

Static Caravan Prices

Hi - I've almost bought a static caravan but have no idea if i'm paying under or over the odds for it. I can't find a site that quotes prices like parkers do for cars. The exact same caravan I'm looking at can be found for sale on the net for between £13k and £31k!! I'm worried that I'm going to get caught out. Can anyone offer any help? Thanks

15 Comments

Well have you paid under 31k and over 13k?

how much u paid?

Make & model ?
    age ?
    Price?

You got conned.

you could compare with prices on this website...mother bought a caravan for £11.000 off him and was approx £17.000 everywhere else for same model/year etc

link: clemcocaravansales.co.uk/sal…htm

Original Poster

Shengis;4868520

You got conned.

You obviously cant read! A con would require payment to have exchanged between 2 parties. I suggest you stick to fighting pirates...

dinglebin;4870885

You obviously cant read! A con would require payment to have exchanged … You obviously cant read! A con would require payment to have exchanged between 2 parties. I suggest you stick to fighting pirates...

Oh I can read and no matter what you pay you will get conned, I just posted a pre-emptive response

Original Poster

Wenchybev;4867609

Make & model ? age ?Price?

Cosalt Madiera Super Deluxe 2 Bed in excellent condition
    Yr 2005
    £16,400

Original Poster

Shengis;4870898

Oh I can read and no matter what you pay you will get conned, I just … Oh I can read and no matter what you pay you will get conned, I just posted a pre-emptive response

Prey tell what you are basing your concerns on rather than making brash statements.

dinglebin;4870948

Prey tell what you are basing your concerns on rather than making brash … Prey tell what you are basing your concerns on rather than making brash statements.

Before I do, have you ever owned a static? Is the one you're looking at sited and how often do you plan to use it?

Original Poster

Shengis;4870980

Before I do, have you ever owned a static? Is the one you're looking at … Before I do, have you ever owned a static? Is the one you're looking at sited and how often do you plan to use it?

No, Yes and frequently.

dinglebin;4871015

No, Yes and frequently.

Ok. First thing before even thinking about buying is to check the site rules, ground rent etc and most importantly the age limit. Some places will want you to shift a 10 year old, others don't seem to care. It may not seem important now but as soon as you buy, the value will decrease and very sharply the longer you keep it. You may pay £15k now and in a few years its worth £8k. So do your homework, don't just base the purchase decision on the price of a similar statics as the rules may be different where they are sited which will affect the resale value:thumbsup:

But you will lose money, it's a big con.

Banned

Shengis;4871117

Ok. First thing before even thinking about buying is to check the site … Ok. First thing before even thinking about buying is to check the site rules, ground rent etc and most importantly the age limit. Some places will want you to shift a 10 year old....

Some top tips there Shengis, now if only you shaved your hair off you would at the top of my christmas card list...not that I have one.

Prices should reflect the drop in house prices, so a 20% off pre-property crash prices should be sort after. Don't be scared to ask for more money off too.

lumoruk;4871399

Some top tips there Shengis, now if only you shaved your hair off you … Some top tips there Shengis, now if only you shaved your hair off you would at the top of my christmas card list...not that I have one.Prices should reflect the drop in house prices, so a 20% off pre-property crash prices should be sort after. Don't be scared to ask for more money off too.

It's a grade 3 now. Got the wife to put the clippers on it the other night. Might post an updated pic when my new 'prison' overalls arrive :lol:

Good advice from Shengis, do some serious homework before buying, also check insurance, they are easy to break in to.

Site rules etc. etc.

Speak with existing owners on the site to find out if there are any real problems that you should be aware of.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Speccing a gaming pc37
      2. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      3. Best IPTV Paid service?1721
      4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please46

See more discussions