Groups
    EXPIRED

Steam Accounts

Hi guys I have my own steam account and so does my kids have their own. We both own our own PC's in different rooms where I play on my steam account and they play on on theirs.

What is annoying me is that both computers use an ethernet cable and when I download a game in steam I'm uploading at 4MB but if the kids decide to download a game on their PC at the same time they take 90% of the download speed away from me and I'm sitting with KB and they get most of the MB Upload speed.

What I am asking is why is their PC grabbing most of the download speed and not shared AT 50/50 when we both download?

5 Comments

Hi Google QoS and your router make & model to see if it supports bandwidth management.

Original Poster

Just a Sky Fibre router they sent me.

Khorium

Just a Sky Fibre router they sent me.

You could try to see if it does port or mac priority

What is annoying me is that both computers use an ethernet cable and when I download a game in steam I'm uploading at 4MB but if the kids decide to download a game on their PC at the same time they take 90% of the download speed away from me and I'm sitting with KB and they get most of the MB Upload speed.

SO go tell YOUR children that YOU pay the bill and if they hog the bandwith YOU will not be happy with THEM!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944532
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1947
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767359
      4. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller22

See more discussions