Steam cleaner suitable for kitchen

Found 20th Jun
Hi, I’m looking for a steam cleaner to tackle a family members kitchen which needs a deep clean, cooker, tiles infact everything. All help appreciated
Community Updates
12 Comments
I've had a Polti which was excellent but took forever to heat up and only lasted a short while. When it died (it was about 9 or 10 yrs old) I bought a Karcher K4. It is much better in respect of heating up (less than 5 minutes) and the tank can be topped up without turning it off and waiting to heat-up but it's not really as powerful. That said, if I had to buy another and chose between them, I would opt for the Karcher.

If it's a one-off you can probably hire an industrial steamer at your local hire shop.
Edited by: "windym" 20th Jun
My cooker is white enamel and I tried steam cleaning it but it did nothing (steam cleaner can help with the hood, though).

Only thing that will get rid of the caked on grease is oven cleaner. It doesn't damage the enamel (I did research everything beforehand) and I just have to wipe everything off after while wearing gloves. No scrubbing like crazy. It comes off without problems.

Still, I only resort to the oven cleaner sparingly as it's powerful stuff. Oven cleaner will eat aluminium for example so it can't be used with all types of cookers. My boyfriend thought he was helping me and soaked the hood filter in it and it just dissolved it lol.

I do clean it regularly but the grease will get burnt on all the same and I don't know how. Never buy a white enamel cooker... it's not easy to keep clean.
My cooker is steel, I wanted a steam cleaner for the rest of the kitchen too, just wanted recommendations. I shall have a look at the kaecher k4
Cooker you need 0000 wire wool. Yes 4 zeros wire wool. Glass scraper. Astonish oven and steel cleaner £1.50 its a paste. Catering sponge with green scouring pad and oven pride acid cleaver. Oven pride for the rack ect left over night to work. Astonish paste and catering sponge with hot water inside oven. Use glass scraper and 0000 wire wool to clean out the crud. The 0000 won't damage the surface of glass. This is how the pros do it. Steamer ain't no good for oven ect. Might be good for floor
Edited by: "wayners" 20th Jun
wayners2 h, 11 m ago

Cooker you need 0000 wire wool. Yes 4 zeros wire wool. Glass scraper. …Cooker you need 0000 wire wool. Yes 4 zeros wire wool. Glass scraper. Astonish oven and steel cleaner £1.50 its a paste. Catering sponge with green scouring pad and oven pride acid cleaver. Oven pride for the rack ect left over night to work. Astonish paste and catering sponge with hot water inside oven. Use glass scraper and 0000 wire wool to clean out the crud. The 0000 won't damage the surface of glass. This is how the pros do it. Steamer ain't no good for oven ect. Might be good for floor

Decent steamers will clean the whole house. I don't use any chemicals and purely use the steam cleaner for all of our cleaning. The only "chemical" we use is washing up liquid and dishwasher tabs - both eco brands.

The steamer cleans our bathroom, loo, refreshes upholstery and yes it leaves the hob pristine. Our oven is a self-clean but we use it on the door/outside.
Lilly_White4 h, 38 m ago

My cooker is steel, I wanted a steam cleaner for the rest of the kitchen …My cooker is steel, I wanted a steam cleaner for the rest of the kitchen too, just wanted recommendations. I shall have a look at the kaecher k4

Karcher k4 is a pressure washer / jet wash to do out door jobs. It will rip your kitchen to shreds and leave you in pools.

Karcher do a steamer called SC2 never used one though.

I have a cheap russle Hobbs steam cleaner from groupon. It does the trick but not as good as a bit of elbow grease
rayanfield8340 m ago

Karcher k4 is a pressure washer / jet wash to do out door jobs. It will …Karcher k4 is a pressure washer / jet wash to do out door jobs. It will rip your kitchen to shreds and leave you in pools. Karcher do a steamer called SC2 never used one though. I have a cheap russle Hobbs steam cleaner from groupon. It does the trick but not as good as a bit of elbow grease

I suppose I was looking at an easier option then the good old fashioned elbow grease, doesn’t seem to be one though, ahh well
L
Lilly_White15 m ago

I suppose I was looking at an easier option then the good old fashioned …I suppose I was looking at an easier option then the good old fashioned elbow grease, doesn’t seem to be one though, ahh well

Loooooool.
I've got a vax steam cleaner, but I wouldn't recommend it, I don't think it is really any more effective than using a bucket of extremely hot water and flash or whatever and a mop, I used a Polti (I think it was) once for bending wood, that had a more powerful jet of steam as I recall, but I doubt it would be much more effective either.

CIF power and shine kitchen (the one with limonene in) is about the best kitchen degreaser I've used.
Edited by: "melted" 21st Jun
rayanfield836 h, 36 m ago

Karcher k4 is a pressure washer / jet wash to do out door jobs. It will …Karcher k4 is a pressure washer / jet wash to do out door jobs. It will rip your kitchen to shreds and leave you in pools. Karcher do a steamer called SC2 never used one though. I have a cheap russle Hobbs steam cleaner from groupon. It does the trick but not as good as a bit of elbow grease

Haha, thank you for pointing that out. I've just had a look at my John Lewis account and it isn't K4 it is SC4. Sorry for that confusion, I certainly wouldn't advocate cleaning with a pressure washer!!
I have used the steam cleaner... It might be ok if you're on top of the cleaning already and so on... If you have to tackle lots of caked on grease in general and burnt on stuff on a hob I can assure you it's useless.

I bought it for that reason and like I said, for the hob I had to use oven cleaner. I tried all the natural remedies (bicarbonate, vinegar etc.) and nothing would shift the burnt on grease.
I hate white enamel stuff for cooking. I have a tray that is white enamel and even if I cover it in foil it manages to go brown while in the oven

Not everyone has self-cleaning ovens... If you don't then don't expect to clean a dirty oven with a steam cleaner... It won't do anything on the burnt on stuff or dirty racks. I'd try bicarbonate etc if you really don't want to use heavy duty chemicals instead.
The steam cleaner is good to sanitize surfaces and clean glass and tiles.
Edited by: "hearts22" 21st Jun
Thank you hearts I won’t waste my money then, I did want it to shift burnt on grease, but it looks like no machinery is going to do this from what you say.
Post a comment
@
    Text