Groups

Steam Controller Tips

Hey all.

I've snagged a Steam Controller from Game as they are on sale (thanks to the deal that was posted here).

I know they are a bit Marmite but I didn't mind taking a punt.

Was wondering if anyone has hints or tips on setup, battery life, layouts, etc.

Thanks in advance!

7 Comments

100% Spend a few hours setting up the config how you want it.

If you swipe left and right, but drop your thumb slightly as you do it, you can add that to the config to counter your thumb drop movement etc.

Excellent controller if you give it the time it deserves to be setup specifically for yourself.

Ha. I need the same help! I got one at xmas with xcom 2! Completed that but steam controller has been dormant. Tried it on gta v but no luck...

steam controller shines when a game lacks in controller support or doesnt work well with a controller

I only use it on games like city skylines works brilliant on that

Original Poster

Good info, thanks

Just get big picture mode on and it's brilliant so easy to use. All the settings for configurations are on there. As for battery life it's pretty decent

Original Poster

Quite enjoying it by the way, except my thumb naturally falls on the B button, not X. Need to remap or get used to it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions