Steam family share

Found 25th Apr
not sure if this can be posted as freebie but to those who don't know, steam offers game share from pc to pc, so you can nab free games from a friend or try before you buy, all you need to do is log into steam via their pc and set it up and you can play any game in their library( as long as your pc can run it) I currently share games with my friend whos 60 miles away so didstance doesn't effect, just don't tick remember password when using another computer
Community Updates
7 Comments
Hey, thanks for posting! I've moved this to the Misc section as it qualifies as more of an info post
FAQ about this is here: store.steampowered.com/pro…ing

More than one user cannot access the steam library at the same time even if it is different games so if the original account holder signs in anyone sharing the account will be kicked out of their game after a short period of time.
Also any game that uses a third-party account such as most Ubisoft UPlay (Assassins Creed, Far Cry) or EA Origins cannot be shared.
Edited by: "smush" 25th Apr
Word of warning, if the person you're sharing with get VAC banned play your game then you get VAC banned too.
Don't expect to get away with making multiple accounts to troll people in CS
kester7625th Apr

Word of warning, if the person you're sharing with get VAC banned play …Word of warning, if the person you're sharing with get VAC banned play your game then you get VAC banned too. Don't expect to get away with making multiple accounts to troll people in CS

Trolling will get you VAC banned ??
Norseg1 h, 3 m ago

Trolling will get you VAC banned ??

Joking aside my brother in law got banned for illegal mods even though he wasn't running any. Still get false positives every so often.
kester7610 h, 43 m ago

Joking aside my brother in law got banned for illegal mods even though he … Joking aside my brother in law got banned for illegal mods even though he wasn't running any. Still get false positives every so often.

Can't you appeal a Ban if it's a false positive?

Also what sorts of programs will make you think your cheating?
Edited by: "Norseg" 27th Apr
Norseg3 h, 5 m ago

Can't you appeal a Ban if it's a false positive?Also what sorts of …Can't you appeal a Ban if it's a false positive?Also what sorts of programs will make you think your cheating?

I think this was about 10 years ago so the tech has changed and I think it was automated and probably didn't have an appeals system in place or my brother in law wasn't too bothered. It's just a word of warning that you're liable for anyone that shares your games on Steam. I think at the time.it could of been a bad connection as I think lag buttons were common at that time.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions