Expired

steam generator iron

Found 20th Mar 2009
my tefal iron has packed in and need a iron, i am at present using a basic iron, it takes ages, the SG Iron is so easy to use, and makes ironing fun,

so does anyone know about any deals which are to do with Steam Generator Irons?

9 Comments

Hi,
I bought a SG iron about a year ago and have not regretted it. Does not make ironing fun exactly but does take the edge off it!
There are two 50% off offeres at the moment, one at Currys and one at Comet. Can't help you on which one is the best. I did had a cheaper SG before the one I have now and that one packed up after 6 months, I would recommend you spend the money in order not to end up with a 'no name' cheap one. Mine was a Philips 50% off from about £150.
Hope this helps.

Original Poster

i cant seem to find the 50% off offer!!!!! - on the curry's website!

oh it makes ironing fun? :? am i missing out on something here! :oops:
ironing has to be the most tedious,boringist job eva!!!!!

Original Poster

lol ok.................... but i cant find a good deal!!

Just got timed out posting my reply so doing it again! Don't you just hate it when that happens?

Ok, just checked the Currys offer and that has gone, the Comet one is still available:
comet.co.uk/sho…ric

Bought mine for Rober Dyas and their current offer is a steam generator iron priced down from £129.99 to £49.99:
robertdyas.co.uk/P~1…978

Things to look out for are Wattage (how quickly will it heat up the water) and size of tank (the water runs out quite quickly).
Note of warning; if you have a cloth cover on your ironboard it might leak water from the bottom due to the amount of steam that gets pushed through. I solved this problem by covering the board with a silver metally looking cover. Note of warning, sometimes, as a result of this cover, the steam escapes from the side of the bottom of the iron so mind your fingers! ;o)

Not sure what your budget is so don't know what else to suggest.
Hope this helps, thanks.

i bought the delonghi VVX1005 recently, current priced at around £350 on amazon, all i can say is that its awesome. I love the continuous steam function, and its powerful. Managed to iron jeans in a few mins.

I was thinking of selling it, but thought i would let it ride for now

Original Poster

both are good finds,
my budget is 120, but the iron has to have a pressure of 4-5 bars!

thanks for your help though

pegsw;4698159

Just got timed out posting my reply so doing it again! Don't you just … Just got timed out posting my reply so doing it again! Don't you just hate it when that happens?Ok, just checked the Currys offer and that has gone, the Comet one is still available:http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product.do?sku=345660&cm_ven=Affiliatewindow&cm_cat=Textlink&cm_pla=Generic&cm_ite=GenericBought mine for Rober Dyas and their current offer is a steam generator iron priced down from £129.99 to £49.99:http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~142857~Russell+Hobbs+Steam+Generator+Iron+12978Things to look out for are Wattage (how quickly will it heat up the water) and size of tank (the water runs out quite quickly).Note of warning; if you have a cloth cover on your ironboard it might leak water from the bottom due to the amount of steam that gets pushed through. I solved this problem by covering the board with a silver metally looking cover. Note of warning, sometimes, as a result of this cover, the steam escapes from the side of the bottom of the iron so mind your fingers! ;o)Not sure what your budget is so don't know what else to suggest.Hope this helps, thanks.

Original Poster

no luck as of yet, cant find any offers for a SG iron, 5 bars!
Post a comment
@
    Text