Groups

steam link--how do you plug it in?

hi everyone, happy new year. need help-bought my son steam link for christmas so he could play games in his room ---run off computer in the living room. bought on amazon.com thanks to deal here, but also bought another through game. son opened amazon one and it has many different plugs. uk one has 2 holes in the bottom for something to go into it but there is nothing in the box that matches. have plugged the hdmi cable into steam link and his tv---can anyone advise what else we need to do-or are we doing that correctly? thanks in advance kim

10 Comments

take the adaptor pull off the 2pin, get the uk 3 pin plug it into the adaptor

unless you plan to move to another country you can throw away all the 2 pins

Edited by: "iShoey" 9th Jan

kim9973

hi everyone, happy new year. need help-bought my son steam link for … hi everyone, happy new year. need help-bought my son steam link for christmas so he could play games in his room ---run off computer in the living room. bought on amazon.com thanks to deal here, but also bought another through game. son opened amazon one and it has many different plugs. uk one has 2 holes in the bottom for something to go into it but there is nothing in the box that matches. have plugged the hdmi cable into steam link and his tv---can anyone advise what else we need to do-or are we doing that correctly? thanks in advance kim

Just to confirm: You bought from Amazon.com; not Amazon.co.uk?

Does the product box contain all these components?

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_6483.jpg

Original Poster

fanpages

Just to confirm: You bought from Amazon.com; not Amazon.co.uk?Does the … Just to confirm: You bought from Amazon.com; not Amazon.co.uk?Does the product box contain all these components?

Yes that's exactly what we got, thanks

kim9973

Yes that's exactly what we got, thanks

Then, as iShoey mentioned, decouple the US 2-pin adapter from the main body of the AC/DC block (top left of the above image), & connect the block to the UK 3-pin adapter (second left of the top row).

Original Poster

worked hadn't noticed it before.
    next question was planning to use wireless xbox 360 controller-will it work?

kim9973

worked hadn't noticed it before.next question was planning to use … worked hadn't noticed it before.next question was planning to use wireless xbox 360 controller-will it work?

​i believe you will need the wireless USB adaptor for an xbox 360 controller....but I could be wrong.

a wired controller definitely works.

kim9973

worked hadn't noticed it before.next question was planning to use … worked hadn't noticed it before.next question was planning to use wireless xbox 360 controller-will it work?

​ it should work if you've got a plug and play kit it should work

Original Poster

thanks everyone for your help---i have it as far as the set up page but wireless controller didn't work-so might have to buy a steam controller or wired controller-will try keyboard first to get it up and running---really need an idiots guide

i would recommend using a ps4 controller works wirelessly and once connected you can always connect it by pressing the ps button. also valve has added the controller customisation for tthe ps4 controller so its epic

kim9973

thanks everyone for your help---i have it as far as the set up page but … thanks everyone for your help---i have it as far as the set up page but wireless controller didn't work-so might have to buy a steam controller or wired controller-will try keyboard first to get it up and running---really need an idiots guide

​I personally wouldn't recommend the Steam controller, I find it quite awkward to use.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…46
      2. Where i can find maternity clothes for cheaper price in London?11
      3. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?57
      4. Family Spotify account43

See more discussions