Steam on nvidia shield

Posted 13th Mar
I wonder if someone more in the know can clarify something for me. I purchased a Steam code for F1 race stars on the fanatical website this morning. It let me redeem the code fine on Steam on my Shield, but when I went to install, says it’s not compatible (I know, should’ve checked first, luckily it’s only a couple of quid).

My question is - if I look up that game via Steam on the Shield, it shows it as available to purchase. If I had bought it there instead of via a website, would it still be incompatible? In other words, just because it shows as being able to be purchased via the Steam app, doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll work on the Shield? Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
You need a pc to stream the game to your Nvidia sheid via streaming, but check the nvidia streaming service, the game might be on they service via steam, with no need for a pc.
Edited by: "Just.Wondering" 13th Mar
Just.Wondering13/03/2020 22:26

You need a pc to stream the game to your Nvidia sheid via streaming, but …You need a pc to stream the game to your Nvidia sheid via streaming, but check the nvidia streaming service, the game might be on they service via steam, with no need for a pc.

Thanks, I don’t have a PC. It’s on Steam on the shield, just don’t want to risk buying it again if it won’t work
Ianaf7213/03/2020 23:34

Thanks, I don’t have a PC. It’s on Steam on the shield, just don’t want to …Thanks, I don’t have a PC. It’s on Steam on the shield, just don’t want to risk buying it again if it won’t work

You've added to your steam account, but it still needs to be installed on a pc and use the steam streaming app to use it on your Nvidia sheid... I stream my PC and PS4 to my nvidia shield TV...
Just.Wondering14/03/2020 00:00

You've added to your steam account, but it still needs to be installed on …You've added to your steam account, but it still needs to be installed on a pc and use the steam streaming app to use it on your Nvidia sheid... I stream my PC and PS4 to my nvidia shield TV...

Ah ok, thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants