Groups

Steering wheel lock recommendation

I have a Mk1 Austin Healey Sprite Frogeye which has no security on it except that it is stored in a locked garage. This wasn't a problem before as it needed work on it before it could be driven but has now been fully restored. Can anyone recommend a good steering wheel lock which will fit a small steering wheel (the interior is very cramped and small btw)?

I remember seeing a program which featured a Thatcham security "tester" who showed how easy some of them are to break into so would ideally like a secure one!

16 Comments

Crooklock is the one i like

Original Poster

renown;7341767

Crooklock is the one i like

Just read about Crook locks and apparently they can be removed in less than a minute :oops:

A wheelclamp may be the best solution, together with putting the rotor arm in your pocket. Also there are some pretty reasonably priced garage/shed alarms about, but the usefulness of those depends if your garage is next to your house or a lock up miles away.

Crooklock is the prefered one by the crooks themselves . A documentary on the TV years ago showed a thief removed a Crooklock in 9 seconds . You can buy steering wheel locks with a built in siren and even a pager to go with it , so it will let you know if someones in the garage.They had a one in my local Mapin reduced to £39.99 ,coz I was going to buy it . It looks strong enough to do the job .

flyingflea;7341850

Just read about Crook locks and apparently they can be removed in less … Just read about Crook locks and apparently they can be removed in less than a minute :oops:

why dont you take a lead ofr the engine or something then :thinking:

halfords.com/web…565

This is what i have

Hey mate, did you ever hear of the Frog-eye Fright? My uncle had one in the 60's and he put a Le Mans winning Jaguar engine in it. I believe there's a little info on it somewhere on 't'ininterweb.

Original Poster

deek72;7342104

Hey mate, did you ever hear of the Frog-eye Fright? My uncle had one in … Hey mate, did you ever hear of the Frog-eye Fright? My uncle had one in the 60's and he put a Le Mans winning Jaguar engine in it. I believe there's a little info on it somewhere on 't'ininterweb.

Haven't heard of it, is this it?

spriteparts.com.au/fri…htm

Think I'll get the Disklok one although apparently you can still break into them, just takes longer than most (about 5 minutes). Should hopefully act as a good deterrent.

My pop has an alarm fitted as in new cars and the only telltale sign is under the bonnet

Banned

flyingflea;7341850

Just read about Crook locks and apparently they can be removed in less … Just read about Crook locks and apparently they can be removed in less than a minute :oops:

Maybe thats why he likes them? Hes a crook :P You didn't say best in which way!

flyingflea;7342153

Haven't heard of it, is this … Haven't heard of it, is this it?http://www.spriteparts.com.au/fright.htmThink I'll get the Disklok one although apparently you can still break into them, just takes longer than most (about 5 minutes). Should hopefully act as a good deterrent.

Yeah, you just beat me to it! My uncle was (is) Alan Brooks. He told me about it years ago. There was a road test somewhere but I think it's gone now. It was supposed to putting out around 350bhp which in car of that size, well, hence the name!

Banned

deek72;7342195

Yeah, you just beat me to it! My uncle was (is) Alan Brooks. He told me … Yeah, you just beat me to it! My uncle was (is) Alan Brooks. He told me about it years ago. There was a road test somewhere but I think it's gone now. It was supposed to putting out around 350bhp which in car of that size, well, hence the name!

Who's Alan Brooks?

vibeone;7342269

Who's Alan Brooks?

My uncle. As stated in the post you quoted. Why?

Banned

deek72;7342414

My uncle. As stated in the post you quoted. Why?

You said it like he was famous or summut! Why namecheck him! thats all.

vibeone;7343050

You said it like he was famous or summut! Why namecheck him! thats all.

I said in my first post that 'my uncle' had.............
    Then OP asked 'is this it?'
    I was just confirming it was and mentioned that Alan Brooks was 'the uncle'.

Anyway, he is famous in Harpurhey.

Original Poster

deek72;7343692

I said in my first post that 'my uncle' had.............Then OP asked 'is … I said in my first post that 'my uncle' had.............Then OP asked 'is this it?'I was just confirming it was and mentioned that Alan Brooks was 'the uncle'.Anyway, he is famous in Harpurhey.

vibeone is a troll, best to ignore him, deek72
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1536
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2589
      3. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1220
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1219

See more discussions