STENA LINE - QUESTION

Found 23rd Apr
So, my mum is going over to Ireland next month and wanted to book on to stenaline, I noticed they're doing a special at the moment for a 'day trip' from £5.50 -

My question is,
If I were to book her on a day trip (let's say Tuesday the 8th) at £5.50 - obviously, this would mean it would include a return on the same day.
But she wants to stay for the week, so if I booked again for the following Tuesday at £5.50 for a day trip .. would this work?

I personally don't see why it wouldn't work, but I just wanted your views.

Basically it will cost a total of £11 if I do it this way, where it it will be £62 if I opt for the standard return method.

Thanks for your answers
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Quick check of the T&Cs say you can't do this

"If all passengers on a booking fail to show for the outward sailing, the booking will be cancelled in full"
BeerDrinker2 m ago

Quick check of the T&Cs say you can't do this"If all passengers on a …Quick check of the T&Cs say you can't do this"If all passengers on a booking fail to show for the outward sailing, the booking will be cancelled in full"

but I could do this for the outward journey, and if they don't offer the same from Doublin , then I can just buy a 1 way from Doublin, still making this a cheaper deal, right?

That would then make it like £36 instead of £62?
Yeah, suppose that would work. You're only allowed small carry-on for the day trip though. Anyone with luggage will be charged full rate.
I've read in the past that if you book by credit card they are allowed to charge you a full fare if you behave like this. I know this happens regularly on cross channel 'day trips'. A way round this is to pay by cash at the port.

I've also had some luck booking the bus journey from say Glasgow to Belfast and found it cheaper than the ferry on it's own. This is with citylink.

A discount code for Stena is A635 if useful too.
BeerDrinker16 m ago

Yeah, suppose that would work. You're only allowed small carry-on for the …Yeah, suppose that would work. You're only allowed small carry-on for the day trip though. Anyone with luggage will be charged full rate.

She would only be taking a small carry bag anyway :}
ciaozammer10 m ago

I've read in the past that if you book by credit card they are allowed to …I've read in the past that if you book by credit card they are allowed to charge you a full fare if you behave like this. I know this happens regularly on cross channel 'day trips'. A way round this is to pay by cash at the port.I've also had some luck booking the bus journey from say Glasgow to Belfast and found it cheaper than the ferry on it's own. This is with citylink.A discount code for Stena is A635 if useful too.

ok, worth knowing, thank you! I think she would be skeptical about paying on the day in case she couldn't get on I don't want to worry her haha x
Don't see why it would not work. If you buy a day return and then for some reason you could not return on the day, then there's not much the company could do about it.

So long as you don't have to provide your address or anything, not sure how they can stop you.

If a return is cheaper than a single, then you're well within your rights to buy that ticket, no?
Just remember though OP you won't be there if they decide to get shirty. Probably won't if she's elderly and all she has to say is my child booked it for me.
EN1GMA34 m ago

Just remember though OP you won't be there if they decide to get shirty. …Just remember though OP you won't be there if they decide to get shirty. Probably won't if she's elderly and all she has to say is my child booked it for me.

shes not that old !
She could take a day trip seven days running and it would still be cheaper than a standard return.
jaketheplumber13 m ago

She could take a day trip seven days running and it would still be cheaper …She could take a day trip seven days running and it would still be cheaper than a standard return.

i like your thinking but, it's only 5.50 on a tuesday i think other days are £12 and not sure if they do it on saturdays haha
bingebunny3 h, 39 m ago

i like your thinking but, it's only 5.50 on a tuesday i think other …i like your thinking but, it's only 5.50 on a tuesday i think other days are £12 and not sure if they do it on saturdays haha

give them a call, use some excuse like you mam is meeting an old friend and has been asked to stay but is in two minds, what would happen if she didnt make the return journey and then booked a later return.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants