Steven Gerrard has played his last game in the MLS - and possibly his last as a professional footballer.

Banned
Could he have went to any team in the world,won any title he wanted? was it death threats that kept him at Liverpool?

Either way,one of the best midfielders of all time, possibly the best English midfielder ever.

youtube.com/wat…JQ4

You beauty.

32 Comments

He's a legend and one of the best midfielders we've produced, but I wouldn't consider him one of the greatest of all time.

Original Poster Banned

CFC2011

He's a legend and one of the best midfielders we've produced, but I … He's a legend and one of the best midfielders we've produced, but I wouldn't consider him one of the greatest of all time.

Who would you say?

*looks at avatar*

No need to answer that.

http://giant.gfycat.com/JampackedSphericalCougar.gif

/thread.

Original Poster Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

/thread.

Knew it wouldn't take long.

http://kk.org/cooltools/files/2015/10/slippers.jpg

Poor Stevie, one of the best players of all time but he will be remembered for the slip.

Original Poster Banned

123thisisme

Poor Stevie, one of the best players of all time but he will be … Poor Stevie, one of the best players of all time but he will be remembered for the slip.

The keeper could have done better to be fair.

Still, not bad.

[img]scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=25e8e3abc3c330296828a15867880945&oe=58991B72[/img]

possibly the best English midfielder ever. Scholes !

One of the best of the Premiership era for his club.
The kind of player that can turn a game around.

Easily one of the top 20 Premier League midfielders to have never won a league title.

Easily.

What a slip son, what a slip.

would love it if he signed with Everton in the January transfer window.

MrScotchBonnet

Who would you say?*looks at avatar*No need to answer that.

It depends on what we're judging the midfielder on. Goal scoring? Lampard was better in his prime. Passing? Scholes, easily.

Stopped reading after 'could he have went'.

123thisisme

Poor Stevie, one of the best players of all time but he will be … Poor Stevie, one of the best players of all time but he will be remembered for the slip.

Only by haters and trolls, so a lot of ManU fans basically. (Half joking).

Respect to the guy but he should have signed for United when he had the chance. He wasted his career at LFC. Scholes and Lampard where better though.

Original Poster Banned

shauneco

Respect to the guy but he should have signed for United when he had the … Respect to the guy but he should have signed for United when he had the chance. He wasted his career at LFC. Scholes and Lampard where better though.

[img]scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=58534e45ce394eaa9337278210d28ef8&oe=58C975FE[/img]

Agharta

Only by haters and trolls, so a lot of ManU fans basically. (Half joking).

They have nothing to cheer, let them have it.

Scholes far superior in nearly every aspect of the game.

Great player, undoubtedly, however Scholes was the better player in every aspect compared to Gerrard.

emporer

Great player, undoubtedly, however Scholes was the better player in every … Great player, undoubtedly, however Scholes was the better player in every aspect compared to Gerrard.

Well not tackling for one.

Agharta

Well not tackling for one.

Not Scholes strong point, granted, but Gerrard's tackling was just as bad in all honesty.

Think Gerrard has the record for quickest red card lol.

shauneco

Think Gerrard has the record for quickest red card lol.

When he lost the plot against Ander?

His FA cup final goal plus their win over ac Milan in the champions league final. They are 2 occasions that have stuck in my mind above many others, and I'm not even a Liverpool fan.

Great player, end of.
Edited by: "delusion" 8th Nov 2016

In all honesty he was a good player who had the tools to be great, but he's as overrated as Lampard is still underrated.

Original Poster Banned

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

In all honesty he was a good player who had the tools to be great, but … In all honesty he was a good player who had the tools to be great, but he's as overrated as Lampard is still underrated.

Lampard underrated? I don't think any football fan who knows even a bit about the game would say that.

What are you basing that statement on?

MrScotchBonnet

Lampard underrated? I don't think any football fan who knows even a bit … Lampard underrated? I don't think any football fan who knows even a bit about the game would say that.What are you basing that statement on?

My experience of being a football supporter for 30 years and watching Lampard for about half of that.

Gerrard isn't possibly the best English midfielder ever,
He wasn't the best of his generation.
He wasn't even the best midfielder in the England team most of the time.

He was a great midfielder to those who think Rooney could be a great midfielder because he can do the Hollywood passes that send the ball 30 yards across the pitch but don't actually stretch teams. He's a player who had great moments, but great midfielders are about consistency and consistency is what wins you leagues.

Gerrard kept Liverpool together through thick and thin.Superb player.Think he should come back to Anfield doing a coaching role
https://67.media.tumblr.com/8ac8516c9e2e5b18d3f206f2fcccee66/tumblr_n7u38m9wDj1tq9q5vo1_400.gif

themachman

Gerrard kept Liverpool together through thick and thin.Superb … Gerrard kept Liverpool together through thick and thin.Superb player.Think he should come back to Anfield doing a coaching role

They'd have been a better team if they'd lost him and not Alonso who was the better midfielder.

dtovey89

When he lost the plot against Ander?

Yes, I believe so, came on as a sub 36 seconds I think lol.

Scholes > Lampard

Lampard > Gerrard
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)1120
    2. Free EE data (contract)33
    3. BT FIBRE EXISTING CUSTOMER810
    4. CAR QUESTION: Difference Between Lexus IS300 and Lexus IS300h?48

See more discussions