Groups

sticking led strips to tv

I have LED strips all around the back of my tv but they keep falling off.
    The adhesive on the strips is useless so I secured it with masking tape as I didn't want to use cello tape incase it left the tv sticky but that's fallen off.

Any ideas on what to use that also wouldn't mess the tv up?

11 Comments

Use Sugru. Its a self forming rubber compound and you can do loads with it.

I find the 3M tape that comes pre stuck to the LED strips is awful. The LEDs produce a small amount of heat but it seems to be enough to soften the glue. I ended up using No More Nails tape - quite expensive but only need to use a few cuts. It does come off cleanly when no longer required but you do have to rub it a lot

have you tried blu tack?

Dirty big nails. Lots of them in your telly.

Original Poster

japes

I find the 3M tape that comes pre stuck to the LED strips is awful. The … I find the 3M tape that comes pre stuck to the LED strips is awful. The LEDs produce a small amount of heat but it seems to be enough to soften the glue. I ended up using No More Nails tape - quite expensive but only need to use a few cuts. It does come off cleanly when no longer required but you do have to rub it a lot

Is that the red one? It says it's permanent

YouMuppet

Is that the red one? It says it's permanent

​Yes.

Original Poster

japes

​Yes.

Does it leave any marks when removing?

I use this Link stuck it on over a year ago still there, forgotten about it till reading this post fits between the leds and it comes off if you need to without mess (took leds off last tv)

This isnt how the LED back lighting on modern TVs/Monitors works........
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How to cancel Sky subscription810
      2. Gaming Monitor65
      3. Which Kodi Add-ons?99
      4. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?55

See more discussions