Groups

Sticky fingerprints!

Went to Currys today for a silver fridge/freezer, they all seem to be stainless steel now. I hate dirty/sticky fingerprints etc have any of you found them to be a problem for this? lol sorry if I seem o.c.d'ish just don't want to spend a lot on something that will annoy me every time it's used!

9 Comments

I had a stainless steel microwave, and hated it, was constantly cleaning it, and also it went rusty. Refuse to buy anything stainless steel for the kitchen now, ( we also live in a hard water area, so a stainless steel sink we once had was horrible too as had limescale and water marks to clean off all the time) .
    However my friend has a silver coloured fridge freezer which isn't stainless steel , which doesn't show marks all the time.
    ao.com/l/f…vat
    All depends how much it will bother you, some people can cope with odd marks.

Edited by: "tinkerbellian" 8th Aug 2016

Our brushed stainless Siemens one is fine - it doesn't get prints.

I keep telling Jerry to wash his hands before he comes to bed for the exact same reason.
    kidding...

I have stainless steel all over the kitchen and I find those baby wipes remove most marks quite easily

You can get stainless steel cleaners from the supermarket. Wipes and sprays. Best thing is wash over the steel and dry. Then a drop of baby oil on a soft cloth. Keep a Micro fiber cloth for the job and buff over. Looks fantastic. Old kitchen fitters trick.

Original Poster

tinkerbellian

I had a stainless steel microwave, and hated it, was constantly cleaning … I had a stainless steel microwave, and hated it, was constantly cleaning it, and also it went rusty. Refuse to buy anything stainless steel for the kitchen now, ( we also live in a hard water area, so a stainless steel sink we once had was horrible too as had limescale and water marks to clean off all the time) . However my friend has a silver coloured fridge freezer which isn't stainless steel , which doesn't show marks all the time.http://ao.com/l/fridge_freezers-silver/1-17/26/?sort=aol_saleincvatAll depends how much it will bother you, some people can cope with odd marks.

Ah glad I'm not the only one. After reading that comment it is definitely a NO! Just the thing I'm after plain silver, I will take a look thanks.

baby oil!!

rubytuesday0203

baby oil!!

​Yep. Used in the kitchen centre showrooms. Works a treat. You don't get the streaks and the surface is not oily as you would think. Works like a wax on the car I guess.. Anyway try a small patch for interest. Trust me.. Lol

Steamer will CleaN it and leave no residue.

wayners

​Yep. Used in the kitchen centre showrooms. Works a treat. You don't get t … ​Yep. Used in the kitchen centre showrooms. Works a treat. You don't get the streaks and the surface is not oily as you would think. Works like a wax on the car I guess.. Anyway try a small patch for interest. Trust me.. Lol

Beat me to it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. A mini break to Edinburgh - recommendations for recommendations/area etc!46
      2. Anything better than allcast?33
      3. Need a good courier - any help please :)22
      4. Why is buying a laptop such a nightmare44

See more discussions