Groups

STICKY LABELS

Matalan is the worst offender. Just bought some picnic ware and not one label peeled off. Have had to soak all of the them and still has sticky goo. I sometimes use oil to remove these but hate using it on plastic .

Irritates the hell out of me. Would be interested to know what other people use.

17 Comments

if you have one use another sticky label to pull of the sticky stuff from your plates i find this help full if you no what i mean

I sometimes use lighter fluid.

Though, I'm sure there's better things. We did have "STICKY STUFF REMOVER" at my last job, but I don't remember what was in it. Worked really well though.

wd40 works a treat

methylated spirits if you have some, try and resist drinking it though!

Hairdryer!

Heat up the label to soften the glue, it will peel easier. If you have a residue, then use something spiritlike - eg surgical spirit.

Isopropyl (Rubbing Alcohol) - perfect for the job and excess just evaporates away :thumbsup:

If non of that then Mayonnaise works apparently.

Banned

furniture polish, spray on a ton, so its like a foamy white cover on top, leave for half an hour, rub with finger, sticky comes off

sticky stuff remover is basically wd40

only more expensive

Try nail polish remover!!!!:thumbsup:

Banned

jusr use some solvant cleaner or alike

MikeL;8146998

Try nail polish remover!!!!:thumbsup:

Yup, I usually use nail varnish remover wipes. Have to be careful though because it could take the colour off some products

I always feel like asking the till person to remove them for me before I leave shop. Then if it damages the item they will have to replace there and then.

jubbyme;8146801

furniture polish, spray on a ton, so its like a foamy white cover on top, … furniture polish, spray on a ton, so its like a foamy white cover on top, leave for half an hour, rub with finger, sticky comes off

that's what i do :thumbsup:

Original Poster

LJM;8147183

I always feel like asking the till person to remove them for me before I … I always feel like asking the till person to remove them for me before I leave shop. Then if it damages the item they will have to replace there and then.

That might work well in John Lewis (but their stickes are peelable anyway)....but definitely would not work in Matalan, cause a riot in the queues behind me :-D

Original Poster

Thanks guys.

Out of all the items suggested, I only have hairdryer, WD40 and nail varnish remover. Hairdryer manipulation might be difficult with one hand and pulling off with the other, acetone can cloud up some plastics but WD40 sounds my first choice.

Never used furniture polish (just a damp cloth) and the only spirits in my house are the alcoholic ones and I would not waste that. :roll:

Will let you know how I get on, loads of them to get off :x

Have ran out of rep....given too much away, will be back

This stuff is brilliant hotukdeals.com/ite…rem normally used to remove sticky residue from plasters etc from the skin, but works equally well on most surfaces.

Hairspray usually does the trick...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. September's Theme - 'Earth, Wind & Fire'32455
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047204
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767535
      4. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941357
      5. Heads-Up / Reminder - How to avoid using PayPal's own conversion rates :{22

See more discussions