Groups

Still getting good Car Insurance Quotes via Cashback sites?

Is anyone still getting good quotes going through the cashback sites?

Recently done quotes for my car, my dads and my gf's dad and they were all quite steep compared to last year...plus the amount of companies on them has dropped as has the amount of cashback available.

In the end I got one through a cashback and the others by two different comparison site (got some cashback from performing the search via the cashback site though, but only a few pounds)

Used to be quite a money maker for me...anyone else noticed this?

4 Comments

Yeah - I've noticed cashback offeres are lower and premiums are up
    have you read this?
    moneysavingexpert.com/ins…nce

Original Poster

yep...only really noticing the differences now due to not having had to get quotes since last year

Its not so much the quotes are higher...the comparison sites quoted me better than renewal...its just that some listed on the comparison sites arent on the cashback sites now

i've also noticed that you sometimes get higher quotes going through quidco! I got a quote of 220 from RAC (found through comparethemarket) and then when through quidco to try and get the 70 squid cashback and the quote was 290 and didn't come with free breakdown cover

bbc.co.uk/blo…tml

its just because the insurance was mis priced.

Interesting read there
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4522114
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      3. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work77

See more discussions