Groups
    EXPIRED

Sting-90 quid a ticket!! this is getting silly now!

Stings "long awaited" date in Scotland finally announced at edinburgh playhouse,at a very reasonable(NOT) ninety pounds per ticket.

This is just getting stupider by the day,when in gods name are promoters gonna realise this kind of money just isnt viable for the punters any more.

I would rather just see the band turn up and play,the way they used to do than pay mega money for lasers/special effects.

Didnt the half price lady gaga/leona lewis/whitney/bon jovi etc etc thing teach the promoters anything??

34 Comments

Banned

Maybe then he can afford some soap

if you want cheap you could go see chas and dave, as dave isnt playing no more

If you don't like the price, don't pay it, it's not compulsary you know.

bit of a sting in the tail

totally agree with you barky - i think £50 is reasonable for a really good band but defo anymore is a rip off

Banned

when in gods name are promoters gonna realise this kind of money just isnt viable for the punters any more

When the gigs don't sell out? But that would mean the prices are viable for the 'punters'.

Weird

so barky how many tickets did you get, lol

Banned

get em before they are £150+ on the bay

especially as the people who go see sting probably go to 1 gig every 2 or 3 years

Original Poster

wickedteen;8844521

so barky how many tickets did you get, lol

not paying 90 quid for sting-and I suspect I wont be alone.

barky;8844547

not paying 90 quid for sting-and I suspect I wont be alone.

+1
    :thumbsup:

Banned

casparwhite;8844535

get em before they are £150+ on the bayespecially as the people who go … get em before they are £150+ on the bayespecially as the people who go see sting probably go to 1 gig every 2 or 3 years

People moan about touts, but when they price the tickets higher to eliminate some of them then people moan about the prices.:roll:

Original Poster

casparwhite;8844535

get em before they are £150+ on the bayespecially as the people who go … get em before they are £150+ on the bayespecially as the people who go see sting probably go to 1 gig every 2 or 3 years

you may be right,but I think the ebay ticket market is on its last legs now-if you wait til the last minute you can get some very good deals on tickets with promoter tickets released at last minute,or all the people who bought them to sell on suddenly realising it just isnt gonna happen.

I could well be wrong,but even sting fans are gonna baulk at 90 quid plus booking fees/postage-I cant see it selling out in a hurry.

Sounds like a lot of people will get stung :whistling:

I got stung once, bee tried to send me a pot of honey for £35 :whistling:

BFN,

mr.potato_head

Like Sting . . .

. . . but won't be stung!

Banned

I like how the OP mentions the Lady Gaga 'thing' - didn't she add about 3-4 more dates for London because they sold out?

Sounds like people moaning either for the sake of it, or because they're priced out.

Banned

barky;8844568

you may be right,but I think the ebay ticket market is on its last legs … you may be right,but I think the ebay ticket market is on its last legs now-if you wait til the last minute you can get some very good deals on tickets with promoter tickets released at last minute,or all the people who bought them to sell on suddenly realising it just isnt gonna happen.I could well be wrong,but even sting fans are gonna baulk at 90 quid plus booking fees/postage-I cant see it selling out in a hurry.

all depends on the gig and the demand for it, youve got to know the market really to be dealing in tickets on ebay and there are quite a few that do

i was peeved myself last week while waiting for strokes(advertised as venison) tickets to come on sale in a 200 capacity venue...... they were only a tenner but there was a back door directly to the sales page mentioned on a forum so they ll sold before they were even released

straight away they were on ebay for £300

tom waits and neil young were the same price, iirc, when they were at the playhouse, about a year ago

i wanted to go, but not at that price.

most events in general are pricey now...I took 2 kids to see WWE in April....top seats £75 each + booking fees,add on souvenirs and food it was £400 for the night

prices most families out of the picture

I wouldn't usually make a post like this but I have to say Sting is cr*p...and I know you all agree with me!

Sometimes though these up their own jacksy types cheese me off when they think they are so special. They write some rubbishy few lines about a rain forest or global warming, call it a song and then sing it 'unplugged' on some show that has been trying to get them on for 3 years...and that qualifies for superstar status. Joking aside, really why is he so special...tickets should be £25. A couple going to see him will be fleeced of £250 by the time they have parked their car, paid the booking fee and bought a tub of popcorn...and that doesn't include the tea shirt with his mug on thefront, the album cover and tour dates on the back...

Banned

BlackCloud;8845378

I wouldn't usually make a post like this but I have to say Sting is … I wouldn't usually make a post like this but I have to say Sting is cr*p...and I know you all agree with me! :)Sometimes though these up their own jacksy types cheese me off when they think they are so special. They write some rubbishy few lines about a rain forest or global warming, call it a song and then sing it 'unplugged' on some show that has been trying to get them on for 3 years...and that qualifies for superstar status. Joking aside, really why is he so special...tickets should be £25. A couple going to see him will be fleeced of £250 by the time they have parked their car, paid the booking fee and bought a tub of popcorn...and that doesn't include the tea shirt with his mug on thefront, the album cover and tour dates on the back...

Popcorn at a gig?:?

Couple that with your comments about Sting and one gets the impression that you're not really into music;-)

Banned

BlackCloud;8845378

I wouldn't usually make a post like this but I have to say Sting is … I wouldn't usually make a post like this but I have to say Sting is cr*p...and I know you all agree with me! :)Sometimes though these up their own jacksy types cheese me off when they think they are so special. They write some rubbishy few lines about a rain forest or global warming, call it a song and then sing it 'unplugged' on some show that has been trying to get them on for 3 years...and that qualifies for superstar status. Joking aside, really why is he so special...tickets should be £25. A couple going to see him will be fleeced of £250 by the time they have parked their car, paid the booking fee and bought a tub of popcorn...and that doesn't include the tea shirt with his mug on thefront, the album cover and tour dates on the back...

you do realise who "sting" is dont you?

let me remind you
    youtube.com/wat…Y-Y

no i dont agree he is crap......

Faithless played at the Corn Exchange a few weeks ago and tickets were 30 quid. Unfortunately I couldn't go but I can't think off anyone worth forking out 90 quid to see.

My husband and I are going to see Paul McCartney in Glasgow this weekend - and I know he paid a fortune for these tickets...................but to be honest he is a legend and dont think he will be back here for a long time and gonna be the most amazing show

But I do agree with what your saying Barky

Ha ha... post was to just take the mick a little! It was a bit of a wind up...although I don't like Sting and really cannot work out how he achieve god-like status

Ps. yes, I knew who Sting was in 1977 (..i didn't like him then either )

I love the way everyone in this thread has completely ignored F&F!! :lol:

shibi din;8846568

who :-D

shibi din;8846568

It's not just in this thread.

shibi din;8846568

Yep

Poor guy, it must be the story of his life. It's threads like this that really make his superiority complex and its cause obvious. It's a short cycle. First, he tries to join in, second, he is rejected and ignored, third he feels hurt, fourth he comforts himself by deeming himself superior to those peers anyway, fifth he attacks those peers, and then the fifth stage becomes the first stage and it all goes round again in another thread. End result, Filth ends up with no-one liking him, and produces ever more elaborate ways to try and put down other members. To be honest, I've found it quite fascinating to watch him deteriorate like this over the past year or so since he joined. I do feel sorry for him though. I hope he can recognise these problems in himself and work to resolve them.

intergeri;8845900

Faithless played at the Corn Exchange a few weeks ago and tickets were 30 … Faithless played at the Corn Exchange a few weeks ago and tickets were 30 quid. Unfortunately I couldn't go but I can't think off anyone worth forking out 90 quid to see.

Shame you didn't get to see them, I caught them myself a couple of years ago at Loch Lomond, and they were amazing. That aside though, I wanted to say, next time a gig comes up for the Corn Exchange, try and buy direct from their box office. It's only a £1 booking fee to buy direct, which made my Manics tickets only £27.50 each. SeeTickets wanted £34.50 after their fees, which was absurd.

Banned

dxx;8848935

Yep :)Poor guy, it must be the story of his life. It's threads like this … Yep :)Poor guy, it must be the story of his life. It's threads like this that really make his superiority complex and its cause obvious. It's a short cycle. First, he tries to join in, second, he is rejected and ignored, third he feels hurt, fourth he comforts himself by deeming himself superior to those peers anyway, fifth he attacks those peers, and then the fifth stage becomes the first stage and it all goes round again in another thread. End result, Filth ends up with no-one liking him, and produces ever more elaborate ways to try and put down other members. To be honest, I've found it quite fascinating to watch him deteriorate like this over the past year or so since he joined. I do feel sorry for him though. I hope he can recognise these problems in himself and work to resolve them.

I don't think I've 'deteriorated' or changed in any way. I just use this forum in whichever way my mood takes me.

If I want to have a proper discussion then there are more appropriate forums - this is my 'lazy' option if you will.

Of course the joke is now to 'ignore' me, although considering this thread has turned into a discussion about me.....:?

Banned

FilthAndFurry;8849031

I don't think I've 'deteriorated' or changed in any way. I just use this … I don't think I've 'deteriorated' or changed in any way. I just use this forum in whichever way my mood takes me.If I want to have a proper discussion then there are more appropriate forums - this is my 'lazy' option if you will.Of course the joke is now to 'ignore' me, although considering this thread has turned into a discussion about me.....:?

:lol:

ohhh the irony........

look at everyone ignoring F&F

Did someone say something? :?

dxx;8848935

Yep :)Poor guy, it must be the story of his life. It's threads like this … Yep :)Poor guy, it must be the story of his life. It's threads like this that really make his superiority complex and its cause obvious. It's a short cycle. First, he tries to join in, second, he is rejected and ignored, third he feels hurt, fourth he comforts himself by deeming himself superior to those peers anyway, fifth he attacks those peers, and then the fifth stage becomes the first stage and it all goes round again in another thread. End result, Filth ends up with no-one liking him, and produces ever more elaborate ways to try and put down other members. To be honest, I've found it quite fascinating to watch him deteriorate like this over the past year or so since he joined. I do feel sorry for him though. I hope he can recognise these problems in himself and work to resolve them.

For a minute there I thought I heard something!! :whistling:

You've got it spot on dxx. :thumbsup:

Banned

shibi din;8849358

Did someone say something? :?

it would appear you re pretending to ignore someone

but still posting.......:whistling:

Banned

shibi din;8849374

For a minute there I thought I heard something!! :whistling:You've got … For a minute there I thought I heard something!! :whistling:You've got it spot on dxx. :thumbsup:

wow......just wow

obsession for men.......the new fragrance

casparwhite;8849377

wow......just wowobsession for men.......the new fragrance

I think you need to be in the Deals section if you're looking for perfume.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1223
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352
      4. Spotify Family Premium share719

See more discussions