Stitched up by Amazon? James Bond Collection

Banned
I pre-ordered this collection from a deal posted on this forum. Ordered it on 10th September at a price of £15.43 (including delivery). Like with many other mis-priced items on here, I never expect to receive the item but figured it was worth a shot.

On Monday (the day of release) I got an e-mail from Amazon saying it had been dispatched, so then I went into my account and used the tracking facility.

This showed that the dvd's had been picked up by the carrier (City Link) from Gourock, Inverclyde at 9.06am on Monday morning, expected delivery date was 21st October.

With no sign of the films this morning I checked the tracking again and saw that the info had not changed. I phone City Link who say that there's no such tracking number and I phone Amazon who can't tell me whether it was shipped or not!

They've offered a refund as it's now out of stock but I don't want a refund, I want the films. This may seem greedy but surely it's not my fault if they didn't notice the mis-price in the six weeks since I placed the order.

Amazon are now saying that they will get back to me with a "comprehensive reply" on 29th October.

Any advice as to where I now stand?

19 Comments

Original Poster Banned

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/Churchy2704/amazon5.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/Churchy2704/amazon4.jpg

Banned

was the money taken out of your account?

Original Poster Banned

ODB_69;3261709

was the money taken out of your account?

Yeah taken this morning. :x

if they take the money i believe that to be a contract of purchase, and so they have to abide to that

id sue them if i were u, corrupt their business, make ppl lose their jobs, make em have an awful christmas, make them go into liquidation, buy all the shares off them for 50p, recreate the company and make multimillions!......but seriously yes u shud get this misprice damn u! if only this had happened to my 6 boxsets of the bond dvd collection for £9.99

Original Poster Banned

acecatcher3;3261813

id sue them if i were u, corrupt their business, make ppl lose their … id sue them if i were u, corrupt their business, make ppl lose their jobs, make em have an awful christmas, make them go into liquidation, buy all the shares off them for 50p, recreate the company and make multimillions!......but seriously yes u shud get this misprice damn u! if only this had happened to my 6 boxsets of the bond dvd collection for £9.99

lol! Yeah, anybody know the name of a good lawyer? After all it's nearly £15.50 of my money we're talking about here! :-D

Update! Amazon rang back to say that the order is almost certainly lost and they are again pushing for me to take a refund as the item is "currently unavailable". I'm gonna wait until it comes back into stock, though Amazon say it will not be coming back in. :thumbsup:

I've had exactly the same problem(although via a different courier). Rang Amazon today and he said he'll chase it up, get back to me tomorrow, and get a replacement sent out if it has got "lost".

Original Poster Banned

Happysteveo;3271610

I've had exactly the same problem(although via a different courier). … I've had exactly the same problem(although via a different courier). Rang Amazon today and he said he'll chase it up, get back to me tomorrow, and get a replacement sent out if it has got "lost".

Thanks for that! Looks like they are making excuses not to send the mis-priced sets out. Just looked at Amazon site and this set is now showing as available again, though delivery expected in 7 to 10 days. I'm gonna ring them tomorrow to see if they'll send out one of the new batch.

Which courier was yours "sent" by?

Banned

If they are consistantly losing parcels for "cheap" orders, that is definately questionable - particularly as they have given a non existant tracking number.

One for trading standards to take up.

Yeah I saw that it was back in stock again. Mine was meant to be sent by Home Delivery Network.

Original Poster Banned

guv;3271669

If they are consistantly losing parcels for "cheap" orders, that is … If they are consistantly losing parcels for "cheap" orders, that is definately questionable - particularly as they have given a non existant tracking number.One for trading standards to take up.

Yeah, thanks guv. Yesterday, I heard of a Disney boxset that was mispriced and the buyers were also told it had been dispatched and subsequently lost! Customers were told they could not be sent replacements and were given a £20 Amazon voucher instead.

And there's me thinking that Amazon Customer Services were second to none!

I was just doing a search of the boards as I had this on preorder for the past 5 or 6 weeks with them, they took the money yesterday and it was ready for dispatch. I just checked and the whole order has vanished from my Amazon account today?
As if i'd never ordered it and no details to say its been canceled, just no mention at all in my past years order history. Although I do have my emails and the missing money from my card. I know it was a missprice and didnt expect them to honour it, but why take the money and then just delete the order completely with no contact?

Banned

churchy2704;3271713

Yeah, thanks guv. Yesterday, I heard of a Disney boxset that was … Yeah, thanks guv. Yesterday, I heard of a Disney boxset that was mispriced and the buyers were also told it had been dispatched and subsequently lost! Customers were told they could not be sent replacements and were given a £20 Amazon voucher instead.And there's me thinking that Amazon Customer Services were second to none!

Maybe HUKDs should be disassociated with them!

Original Poster Banned

zeroHour2;3282371

I was just doing a search of the boards as I had this on preorder for the … I was just doing a search of the boards as I had this on preorder for the past 5 or 6 weeks with them, they took the money yesterday and it was ready for dispatch. I just checked and the whole order has vanished from my Amazon account today?As if i'd never ordered it and no details to say its been canceled, just no mention at all in my past years order history. Although I do have my emails and the missing money from my card. I know it was a missprice and didnt expect them to honour it, but why take the money and then just delete the order completely with no contact?

I phoned Amazon earlier and they've now given me another order number and said it'll be dispatched next week. I've checked my account on the site and it does now show this new order with date of dispatch and zero to pay! Happysteveo told me that they've done the same for him.

Depending on who you speak to at Amazon, they're saying that no-one received any of this Bond set yet as it's not come into stock with them. Seems weird when several people (including me) have received dispatch e-mails and tracking numbers!

If I were you, I'd get back on the phone to them tomorrow and tell them what's happened.
Hope you get it (hope we all get it!) :thumbsup:

Same here!!!! Allegedly despatched on 20 October via City Link, but tracking number is not showing anything except what you said, churchy. Money taken from my account.
I phoned them a couple of days ago and emailed them today and both times they said they are trying to get in touch with City Link and will update me when they have further details.
Something strange going on with this one!!! :x

Banned

Hmmm. I'm gutted I poo poo'd the notion there was any chance of getting anything now!

Original Poster Banned

This one gets weirder and weirder, Amazon had told me that the replacement would be dispatched today, which is good. But this morning I get an e-mail from them saying that the original order has now turned up at their "fulfilment centre" as undeliverable. I thought this was strange as they and City Link have told me that this package was NEVER sent!

Just had a PM off another poster in this thread stating that they too have had an e-mail saying that their order has turned up as undeliverable! Weird!

Anyhow, I rung Amazon and after I got cut off three times, I finally got told that the replacement would be shipped today by Royal Mail. Just received an e-mail to say it has been dispatched via Royal Mail but with no tracking number!

You think this package is also going to get "lost" somewhere between the distribution centre and here?

Oh my, this is exactly what happened to me. I was on to them however, and a few days back did a not received enquiry. They said they would send out another or give me a refund, and I chose (of course) a replacement. Then they replied back saying it was out of stock, and I might prefer to have my money back. Again I said I would wait, by which time it came back into stock and it was shipped out today (hopefully). I also got a email back saying the first package had been returned undeliverable today for "unknown reasons".
This package incidentally is tracking properly on the city link website unlike the first.

city link tried to deliver mine today but I was at work, dammit.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514151
    2. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX11
    3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3711436
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764604

See more discussions