Stoneacre Lifeline warranty WARNING!

Posted 19th Jul 2019
So to cut a long story short I purchased my car along with a lifeline warranty which covered me for the next 5 years so long as my car is serviced by them. I was told at the point of sale that I could take my car to be serviced at any Stoneacre branch.
I get the car booked into my local Stoneacre and take my car there only to be told the car can only be serviced at the Stoneacre I bought the car from :(, The branch I bought it from is too far to travel to so basically ive been mis sold a warranty, what can I do ?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
I would contact customer service and clarify. No mention on website that it needs to be branch purchased at
"Under EU Block Exemption legislation, which has been around for many years now, a manufacturer cannot force a buyer to have their car serviced by their official dealership network, and cannot refuse to honour a new car warranty simply because a car has been serviced elsewhere. However, a manufacturer does have the right to set a servicing schedule which must be adhered to. "
richp19/07/2019 23:34

"Under EU Block Exemption legislation, which has been around for many …"Under EU Block Exemption legislation, which has been around for many years now, a manufacturer cannot force a buyer to have their car serviced by their official dealership network, and cannot refuse to honour a new car warranty simply because a car has been serviced elsewhere. However, a manufacturer does have the right to set a servicing schedule which must be adhered to. "

Irrelevant but well-intentioned waffle. OP is referring to a retailer offering a conditional warranty unrelated to manufacturer.
deleted1471098
Look at the paperwork you received when you bought the warranty. It’ll be mentioned in the terms.
Stoneacre is a franchise, so it is most likely to be specific to the dealership you bought off.

'Welcome to Stoneacre Motor Group. Home to over 20 car, van and bike manufacturers, Stoneacre Motor Group is one of the fastest-growing franchise dealership groups in the UK.'
Ringfinger20/07/2019 07:23

Stoneacre is a franchise, so it is most likely to be specific to the …Stoneacre is a franchise, so it is most likely to be specific to the dealership you bought off.'Welcome to Stoneacre Motor Group. Home to over 20 car, van and bike manufacturers, Stoneacre Motor Group is one of the fastest-growing franchise dealership groups in the UK.'

Franchise as in manufacturing franchises not in independent dealers using the stoneacre name. All dealerships are owned by one company.
Edited by: "eslick" 20th Jul 2019
eslick20/07/2019 07:41

Franchise as in manufacturing franchises not in independent dealers using …Franchise as in manufacturing franchises not in independent dealers using the stoneacre name. All dealerships are owned by one company.

OK, I stand corrected. In which case they should honour their agreement.
Ringfinger20/07/2019 07:59

OK, I stand corrected. In which case they should honour their agreement.

The agreement may be being honoured; OP hasn't come back to clarify the t&c of the agreement signed at point of sale.
A statement of "I could take my car to be serviced at any Stoneacre branch" is factual and reasonable, when not tied to any condition similar to "but it must be this branch if you wish the SA LW t&c to be satisified".
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants