STOP APPS KNOWING YOU HAVE USED/DOWNLOADED BEFORE?

Found 7th Nov 2017
Does any smart cookie on here know how to stop apps on google play knowing you have downloaded before.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Does this give you some idea?
Link
richje10014 m ago

Does this give you some idea?Link

thanks richje will that stop other apps knowing i used them before eg Uber. It's driving me crazy that just because i use my relatives account on my phone it then blocks me and locks me out my account. So I need a way so that they don't know I used before.
marko4ever241 m ago

thanks richje will that stop other apps knowing i used them before eg …thanks richje will that stop other apps knowing i used them before eg Uber. It's driving me crazy that just because i use my relatives account on my phone it then blocks me and locks me out my account. So I need a way so that they don't know I used before.

No idea matey. I quickly googled it and briefly read up on it.
It really is app specific and what information you may have to create. An app can link via googleplay account, device sim number, device IMEI, payment type/links really depends on permisson levels. So any "ways around" still depend.

Change Sim.
Change Google Account.
Change Payment Card/Type.

Also if you do all of the above too often it might still register or be flagged up on an app db against the device IMEI (if they store that detail and have the permissions to read from device "phone state and identity").
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 7th Nov 2017
Can't you go to the apps cache and delete/clear all data, that might work
cecilmcroberts2 h, 33 m ago

It really is app specific and what information you may have to create. An …It really is app specific and what information you may have to create. An app can link via googleplay account, device sim number, device IMEI, payment type/links really depends on permisson levels. So any "ways around" still depend. Change Sim.Change Google Account. Change Payment Card/Type.Also if you do all of the above too often it might still register or be flagged up on an app db against the device IMEI (if they store that detail and have the permissions to read from device "phone state and identity").

would creating an apk of the app stop any of this?
marko4ever2457 m ago

would creating an apk of the app stop any of this?

Nope. Remember you are dealing with details that the app has collected and stored on the companies server, not the local device. Since anyone can sell a device and a new user take over, this is what your are trying to replicate.
You can. Setup guest phone accounts on newerr android devices, creating a new Google account for the at would help.

Other versions allow multiple versions of same apps to be on too
This is relatively easy to do:

1. Go to the 'My Apps & games' section within the Google Play app.
2. Change to the 'LIBRARY' tab.
3. Press on the 'X' on the right-hand side of the apps you wish to remove.
m00head6 h, 13 m ago

This is relatively easy to do:1. Go to the 'My Apps & games' section …This is relatively easy to do:1. Go to the 'My Apps & games' section within the Google Play app.2. Change to the 'LIBRARY' tab.3. Press on the 'X' on the right-hand side of the apps you wish to remove.

You are only removing your own history. Not the history of you having the app from the dev's server. Think about how Google counts the total number of downloads for an app, it is the count of unique downloads installed on a specific device, otherwise app dev's, to get the app rank higher would be busy install, remove history, re-install or busy counting app update installs also. Several counts are available to the dev, only one presented to the user is on the play store. Some of the counts are "number of unique installs" (the one used for the rank and presented to you on play store), "number of installs per play account per device" (this is an indication that a user uninstalled app and re-installed), "number of install per play account on multiple devices" (user is using the app across multiple devices). You can also even see the number of unique installs per OS version (this is how google are able to track the percentage adoption of each OS version) Remember these numbers also play part in the "value" of an app.

32394351-I7sGb.jpg32394351-1DguH.jpg32394351-R2K8Q.jpg32394351-Ek5VX.jpg32394351-agO9J.jpg
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 8th Nov 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants