Stop bugs sticking to my windscreen!

Found 4th Sep 2017
I do quit e a bit of daily motorway driving, which means that when I arrive at my destination, my windscreen looks a bit like a bug graveyard. My wipers/screenwash can't cope with this while driving.

Any recommendations for something I can apply to the windscreen, or for a change in screenwash to help the bugs not stick quite as much? I'm thinking something like RainX, but for bugs.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Just put layers of Cling film on. then when you arrive at your destination, peel the top layer off
FreeDeal2 m ago

Just put layers of Cling film on. then when you arrive at your …Just put layers of Cling film on. then when you arrive at your destination, peel the top layer off

What if it rains and needs to use his wipers?
FreeDeal4 m ago

Just put layers of Cling film on. then when you arrive at your …Just put layers of Cling film on. then when you arrive at your destination, peel the top layer off

I'd still be a safer driver than most of the A90!
you can get rain repellent for your windscreen. Stops stuff sticking to your windows but you still need to wash them.
WD40 is good at stopping things sticking.
Rainex is probably the market leading rain replant - but several others on the market. They contain a silicone which when smeared/spread across the windscreen make it hydrophobic. In practice they also make the windscreen surface smoother and would assist with the cleaning of bugs from the screen.

Best to clean frequently to avoid the bugs "baking" on.

End of summer now so just a few more weeks of bugs but still worth investing in some Rainex as it does make it easier driving in the rain.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants