Stop my sofa from moving?

Found 24th Jan 2015
Hi all,

Looking for some advice/ suggestions. I have a sofa on laminate flooring but the problem is when myself and my partner sit down on it, it pushed back into the storage heater behind us. I didnt really need it on much but now its winter i;m using it and having to pull the couch out all the time. Any ideas what I can do to stop this? I've looked up rubber grips for the feet but not sure how good theyll work. cant seem to find much advice from places like SCS or DFS either...

any responses would be wonderful!
Community Updates
AskSofa
17 Comments
You can buy castors for the bottom of them depending on what the feet are like.
Other than that non slip matting such as Dycem would work well. I have Dycem on mine and the feet of my bed and it doesn't budge!
Original Poster
takethatfan1978

You can buy castors for the bottom of them depending on what the feet are … You can buy castors for the bottom of them depending on what the feet are like.Other than that non slip matting such as Dycem would work well. I have Dycem on mine and the feet of my bed and it doesn't budge!

looks good stuff! which did you go for? could be a decent option never heard of it before cheers!
cut a couple of lengths of batten to go on floor between sofa feet and skirting against wall.
takethatfan1978

You can buy castors for the bottom of them depending on what the feet are … You can buy castors for the bottom of them depending on what the feet are like.Other than that non slip matting such as Dycem would work well. I have Dycem on mine and the feet of my bed and it doesn't budge!

Your bed? oO
Home bargains do non slip mats for 79p and around a pound would try the pound one it's good for rugs and about 3 times the price elsewhere. Same one 2.64 at Amazon

amazon.co.uk/s/r…mat

Edited by: "eslick" 24th Jan 2015
I was going to suggest rubber matting but it would depend on the type of mounting feet the sofa has
Castor cups under the feet should do the trick, we use these ourselves and their quite cheap from B&Q, homebase etc
diy.com/sea…UPS
Brings a whole new meaning to; Did the earth move for you darling?
Try humping on the bed instead!! X)
mfarmer02

cut a couple of lengths of batten to go on floor between sofa feet and … cut a couple of lengths of batten to go on floor between sofa feet and skirting against wall.

This is what we have done to cure the exact same problem. Works a treat and isn't visible.
You need the non slip castor cups (predominantly rubber on the base)

Other cups will not help on a laminate floor
Original Poster
Thank you for all the suggestions I'll hopefully not have this problem anymore :). Thank you!
Original Poster

Comment

Nk74

Try humping on the bed instead!! X)

But it's too much fun!
dereklogan7

Your bed? oO

Yes my bed!!

It is a heavy wooden frame on a wooden floor but still moves,Dycem cut and put under each foot solves the problem!

Have the cups under kids beds with a circle of non slip matting and again the don't move.
woster

looks good stuff! which did you go for? could be a decent option never … looks good stuff! which did you go for? could be a decent option never heard of it before cheers!

I have both,on my wooden frames bed I have the Dycem under the feet. The divan beds have castor/cups with Dycem cut to size. Does a great job,I found the cups with already added non slip stuff on the bottom weren't so good.

Get a small tube of silicone sealant, turn couch upside down.
apply sealant to each foot and allow to dry over night
or use some large bottle tops from the recycling with sealant on them as
castor cups!
Banned
Put a carpet on top of the floorboards you have down
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants