Groups

stop over flights - board at different place?

Found a great deal going from Shannon to calgary on secretflying.com only annoying thing is it's a 30hr flight and found one better than flies from Shannon and direct from london heathrow to calgary! If I have carryon only would it be possible to board the plane at Heathrow and skip the starting flight at all?

6 Comments

Original Poster

Trip advisor says no its illegal, not possible.. Damn.

I guess they could not do anything if I leave at heathrow when it goes back to Shannon airport on there turn segment.. Anyone done this? Its air canada

If you do not board your flight from the point of origin, it will be marked that you missed it and subsequents flights will be cancelled. You can get off before the final leg of your journey but you won't be able to join from the middle.

If you choose to leave before the final leg, make sure to let them know at the airport to tag your bags for London so you can get off before Shannon.
    Edited by: "abombolo" 9th Jun

Original Poster

abombolo

If you do not board your flight from the point of origin, it will be … If you do not board your flight from the point of origin, it will be marked that you missed it and subsequents flights will be cancelled. You can get off before the final leg of your journey but you won't be able to join from the middle.If you choose to leave before the final leg, make sure to let them know at the airport to tag your bags for London so you can get off before Shannon.

​Omg can you do that? If so i may book it, have you requested they offload bags at a connecting airport? Didn't know that was a thing

I tried this with Aegean - but they wouldn't have any of it.

They had a flight going from London to Grete via Athens. To get off in Athens was another £150. It was cheaper to fly on to Crete!

They said if I didn't board the connection to Crete my return would be invalid.

I went on holiday to Crete in the end.

Loved it.

Now going back for a third time.

If you miss the first leg the rest will be cancelled. I've skipped the final leg before now, with hold luggage, e.g. flying from Beijing back to Sweden with a stop in Copenhagen I just asked in Beijing for my bag back in Copenhagen (have a good excuse why) as it was cheaper to fly back to the UK from Copenhagen than Sweden. They did give the normal warning about making sure I had enough time to recheck in etc etc but as I was leaving in Copenhagen it made no difference.

If you can add in a long transit time it looks less suspicious that you won't be boarding the final leg.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      3. love affairs912
      4. word association Game73844475

See more discussions