Stop TV Licence Inspectors coming to your door for good only 46p @ Royal Mail

Found 27th Oct 2011
That's right for the price of a first class stamp (or second class) you can actually stop these halfwits coming to your door. All you do is basically remove their common law right of access to your house. Best of it is, you don't even have to give them your name.

Here is my response I got:

The Present Occupier

Dear Sir / Madam

I am writing to you following a recent visit to your address which we have recorded under our complaint reference. Please use this number if you need to contact us again.

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with our visiting policy.

We've noted our records with your wish to withdraw the common law right for TV Licencsing's offers to approach your property. We reserve the right to use other methods available for the detection of television receiving equipment.

Yours faithfully

Raymond Wright
Customer Relations

Other methods? such as the non existant detector van lol. Bye Bye Tv Licence man.
Community Updates
Top comments
mymymy

if it was possible do you not think the whole country would be paying for … if it was possible do you not think the whole country would be paying for thiers?

Trust me, It's true. People pay because they are scared. That's all they are good for, trying to scare old people etc. The next time they come to my door i will have the right to phone the police and have them removed. Think i'll record their next visit and stick it on youtube, what you guys think?
skydmarx

Unless you NEVER listen to BBC radio or watch BBC TV or use the BBC … Unless you NEVER listen to BBC radio or watch BBC TV or use the BBC website or iPlayer, you really oughta just suck it up and pay the license fee. And if you never ever avail yourself of the BBC, you're more likely the halfwit.

There is no law requiring you to buy a tv licence. You are the fool.
203 Comments
When do they ever come to your door?
In my neck of the woods, every second month
They don't come to my door because I pay my licence.

Cold....
christopherguy25

In my neck of the woods, every second month

Maybe your in a dodgy area.
Sworld

They don't come to my door because I pay my licence.Cold....

I have no requirement for a tv licence
But they dont come if you have paid.......
Unless you NEVER listen to BBC radio or watch BBC TV or use the BBC website or iPlayer, you really oughta just suck it up and pay the license fee. And if you never ever avail yourself of the BBC, you're more likely the halfwit.
Cold from me.

Send it 2nd class and it'll cost you 10p less

I have had letter after letter from these idiots, asking me why my property doesn't have a licence - threatening me with visits etc over and over and over.

This has gone on for around two years now nad they just keep coming - but never a visit as far as I am aware, because if they did they would soon see that it is unoccupied.

The fact that I keep receiving letters tells me that they dont bother visiting all areas.

This is a main road location in Essex BTW.

skydmarx - Oct 27, 2011 18:22Unless you NEVER listen to BBC radio or … skydmarx - Oct 27, 2011 18:22Unless you NEVER listen to BBC radio or watch BBC TV or use the BBC website or iPlayer, you really oughta just suck it up and pay the license fee. And if you never ever avail yourself of the BBC, you're more likely the halfwit.

A joke, SURELY!
skydmarx

Unless you NEVER listen to BBC radio or watch BBC TV or use the BBC … Unless you NEVER listen to BBC radio or watch BBC TV or use the BBC website or iPlayer, you really oughta just suck it up and pay the license fee. And if you never ever avail yourself of the BBC, you're more likely the halfwit.

skydmarx

We all know your a tv licence inspector which means you have as much right to be at my door as the postman or neighbours cat
yeah, i have a tv, just no need for a tv licence
You have access to the internet. Have you never clicked onto iPlayer?
skydmarx

My understanding is that you don't require a TV licence to listen to the radio (even BBC radio) or to use the on demand features of iPlayer (you do to watch live streaming).
christopherguy25

I have no requirement for a tv licence

If you dont have a tv then why would they knock on your door and if you do have a tv then you do have a need for a license?
Edited by: "mymymy" 27th Oct 2011
FACT

You do not need a television licence to catch-up on television programmes in BBC iPlayer, only when you watch or record at the same time (or virtually the same time) as it is being broadcast or otherwise distributed to the public.
skydmarx

The 'sound broadcast licence' or radio licence was abolished in 1971.

''...since then no licence is needed to listen to ANY broadcast sound whatever the source.''
christopherguy25

The requirement to hold a TV Licence and to pay a fee for it is mandated by law under the Communications Act 2003 and Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004 (as amended). It is an offence to watch or record television programmes as they are being shown on any channel and on any broadcast platform (terrestrial, satellite, cable and the internet) without a valid TV Licence.
mymymy

If you dont have a tv then why would they knock on your door?

Cos they are fannys
skydmarx

You can watch stuff on iplayer without a license as long as its after its been shown on tv and not at the same time.
christopherguy25

yeah, i have a tv, just no need for a tv licence

If you have a TV then you have a tuner in it. Therefore you need a TV licence.

Obvious troll is obvious...
I think you should be allowed to have a loaded shotgun at your door that you fire in to the air every time ANYONE comes round uninvited.
I still don't know what the common law right is after reading the OP. Nor is there any instructions on how to do it with a 46p stamp.

With that said, if you genuinely do not watch TV, you have nothing to be afraid of. If they come to your door, they can't go in your house without your permission.
Edited by: "Slash" 27th Oct 2011
shazar

The requirement to hold a TV Licence and to pay a fee for it is mandated … The requirement to hold a TV Licence and to pay a fee for it is mandated by law under the Communications Act 2003 and Communications (Television Licensing) Regulations 2004 (as amended). It is an offence to watch or record television programmes as they are being shown on any channel and on any broadcast platform (terrestrial, satellite, cable and the internet) without a valid TV Licence.

It's an Act not Law, big big difference. I don't agree with their contract so I cannot be held liable.
if it was possible do you not think the whole country would be paying for thiers?
Slash

I still don't know what the common law right is after reading the OP. Nor … I still don't know what the common law right is after reading the OP. Nor is there any instructions how hold to do it. With that said, if you genuinely do not watch TV, you have nothing to be afraid of. If they come to your door, they can't go in your house without your permission.

I do have tv but I confidently refuse to pay as i will repeat, there is no legal requirement to own a tv. The inspectors have no authority whatsoever. Dont speak to them and most importantly don't sign anything. Check the websites, there are tons of them.
I wrote to these people telling them I was going to report them for demanding money with menaces, and got a letter of apology.

We have a licence, but it is in my wife's name and I am the one that buys television sets, so every time I do, I used to get a threatening letter. They've stopped.
I would like to know how they can detect a tv with their non existent detector vans!?

I know someone who doesn't have a tv and has had a few visits from them. Surely they wouldn't need to visit if they could detect!
Barain Hunt is worth the tv licence alone
mymymy

if it was possible do you not think the whole country would be paying for … if it was possible do you not think the whole country would be paying for thiers?

Trust me, It's true. People pay because they are scared. That's all they are good for, trying to scare old people etc. The next time they come to my door i will have the right to phone the police and have them removed. Think i'll record their next visit and stick it on youtube, what you guys think?
skydmarx

WRONG!!!
We had some one come round the other week from the licensing authority, they said if you don't watch LIVE broadcast's then you don't need one.
We have no intention of watching anything as it happens, so all is good, just had to fill in an online form.
jrw

I would like to know how they can detect a tv with their non existent … I would like to know how they can detect a tv with their non existent detector vans!?I know someone who doesn't have a tv and has had a few visits from them. Surely they wouldn't need to visit if they could detect!

Exactly it's all bull. They have never used this in evidence to convict anyone cos it simply doesn't exist. I'm not disputing that there are tv licence detector vans but i can assure people that they can't detect jack.
I have a tv licence and its a waste of money never watch the BBC as its a load of rubbish most the time and I have sky.
christopherguy25

Trust me, It's true. People pay because they are scared. That's all … Trust me, It's true. People pay because they are scared. That's all they are good for, trying to scare old people etc. The next time they come to my door i will have the right to phone the police and have them removed. Think i'll record their next visit and stick it on youtube, what you guys think?

Are there any forums where this is discussed so we get a wider view of this and to see if your right?
Sworld

If you have a TV then you have a tuner in it. Therefore you need a TV … If you have a TV then you have a tuner in it. Therefore you need a TV licence.Obvious troll is obvious...

You need to be covered by a valid TV Licence if you watch or record TV as it's being broadcast. This includes the use of devices such as a computer, laptop, mobile phone or DVD/video recorder.

now where does it say if you have a TV with a tuner whether you watch live TV or not you have to have a licence, can you please show your source for your statement
So Christopherguy 25, in order to watch BBC iPlayer, what do you utilise with your TV? Inbuilt Freeview?
christopherguy25

Check the websites, there are tons of them.

It must be true, I read it on the internet!
mymymy

Are there any forums where this is discussed so we get a wider view of … Are there any forums where this is discussed so we get a wider view of this and to see if your right?

The list is endless, here are a few:

tpuc.org/sto…ees

tvlicenceresistance.info/for…b0d

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants