Unfortunately this deal is no longer valid
Expired

stop what your doing right now beware

33 Comments
We are not allowed to recycle tinfoil according to our council.
can never have enough hats
The council doesn't collect it here but there are charity collect bins for foil in several car parks
So multi-million pound setups haven't been designed to wash things? Crazy!
Predikuesi1 h, 25 m ago

We are not allowed to recycle tinfoil according to our council.

Just chuck it in they won’t know.
brilly1 h, 43 m ago

can never have enough hats

They'd sell well on here, shame the FS section has gone.
We have to scrunch ours into balls to go in recycling.

I see allsorts of crap you can't recycle in people's recycle box's and the council takes it. It's a miracle they make any money from it with the amount of sorting folks must have to do wherever it goes.
Washing foil trays is nothing new. It's no bother to wash them along with the dirty dishes, I've been doing it for years.
I’ll happily rinse my recycling but damned if I’m washing it.
While recycling helps landfill. What about all the wasted water and heat cleaning the recycling? Much of the Uk has limited water last year. Why contribute to that.

Aluminium melted will soon take care of much of the grease.
Oneday778 h, 16 m ago

I’ll happily rinse my recycling but damned if I’m washing it. While rec …I’ll happily rinse my recycling but damned if I’m washing it. While recycling helps landfill. What about all the wasted water and heat cleaning the recycling? Much of the Uk has limited water last year. Why contribute to that. Aluminium melted will soon take care of much of the grease.

Do your normal washing up. Use water at the end of the washing up to clean recycling.

Easy really.
MonkeysUncle29/04/2019 21:52

We have to scrunch ours into balls to go in recycling.I see allsorts of …We have to scrunch ours into balls to go in recycling.I see allsorts of crap you can't recycle in people's recycle box's and the council takes it. It's a miracle they make any money from it with the amount of sorting folks must have to do wherever it goes.

Machine does it, it's 2019 mate not 1019
I'll just chuck it in the normal bin then.
Oneday7729/04/2019 23:10

I’ll happily rinse my recycling but damned if I’m washing it. While rec …I’ll happily rinse my recycling but damned if I’m washing it. While recycling helps landfill. What about all the wasted water and heat cleaning the recycling? Much of the Uk has limited water last year. Why contribute to that. Aluminium melted will soon take care of much of the grease.

I'm an avid recyclist(recycler?) and i'm rinsing all plastic containers while doing the dishes but please forgive me for not washing heavily soiled/greasy tins and plastics, they just go into the general rubbish, sorry.
ella12327 m ago

I'm an avid recyclist(recycler?) and i'm rinsing all plastic containers …I'm an avid recyclist(recycler?) and i'm rinsing all plastic containers while doing the dishes but please forgive me for not washing heavily soiled/greasy tins and plastics, they just go into the general rubbish, sorry.

exactly washing the grease off just infects the drains with fatbergs...councils full of aimless stupidity.
I don't recycle anything, it all goes in the wheelie bin! If the government want to recycle they can get people on unemployment benefits to sort through the stuff, don't see why I as a working tax payer should have to do it.
deleted1293960
Norseg30/04/2019 09:45

Machine does it, it's 2019 mate not 1019

No, it all (75-90%), gets sent to extremely poor African countries (now China wont take it), where people will rummage through it for free - to try and find enough value to buy food with.

They have had machines to do it for 30+ years, but no one in the UK wants to buy the recycled product.

I used to work at an incinerator, all ferrous metal was removed and washed by machine - but no one would buy it, so the machines were switched off after a couple of months, and never restarted.

About the ONLY thing I know of that gets reused in the UK is paper.

EDIT.

Until the UK does the work itself, it is more environmentally friendly to chuck all the non poisonous stuff in a hole in the ground - at least you can cover it up and extract the methane it creates in a controlled manner - and burn it for heating.
Edited by: "deleted1293960" 1st May
deleted129396001/05/2019 12:14

No, it all (75-90%), gets sent to extremely poor African countries (now …No, it all (75-90%), gets sent to extremely poor African countries (now China wont take it), where people will rummage through it for free - to try and find enough value to buy food with.They have had machines to do it for 30+ years, but no one in the UK wants to buy the recycled product.I used to work at an incinerator, all ferrous metal was removed and washed by machine - but no one would buy it, so the machines were switched off after a couple of months, and never restarted.About the ONLY thing I know of that gets reused in the UK is paper.EDIT.Until the UK does the work itself, it is more environmentally friendly to chuck all the non poisonous stuff in a hole in the ground - at least you can cover it up and extract the methane it creates in a controlled manner - and burn it for heating.

Than it doesn't matter than
Africans won't mind, they eat the chicken pieces of tinfoil
Edited by: "Norseg" 1st May
deleted1293960
Norseg01/05/2019 12:37

Than it doesn't matter thanAfricans won't mind, they eat the chicken …Than it doesn't matter thanAfricans won't mind, they eat the chicken pieces of tinfoil

They chuck all the bits they cannot use back in the water - poisoning it and creating the plastic Sargassos that are killing all the sealife.
deleted1293960
Norseg01/05/2019 13:02

Comment deleted

Yes it is our problem, go study global sea currents and see where all that rubbish ends up. There is a very good study that tracks plastic toy ducks that got washed off a ship in the pacific many years ago; they have turned up on beaches all over the world.

Educating people like you is our biggest problem.
deleted1293960
Norseg01/05/2019 13:07

Comment deleted

Does anyone remember collecting aluminium milk bottle tops in the 70s?
Collected vast sums of the things that were then passed in to a bigger "collector" who then passed them on and so forth............

Turns out they were then just thrown away.

I *think* a similar thing happens nowadays with plastic bottle tops. My last 2 paces of work collected them for charity but I can't for the life of me work out how they would earn money from them.
deleted1293960
Norseg01/05/2019 13:12

Comment deleted

deleted1293960
u66454121 m ago

Does anyone remember collecting aluminium milk bottle tops in the 70s? …Does anyone remember collecting aluminium milk bottle tops in the 70s? Collected vast sums of the things that were then passed in to a bigger "collector" who then passed them on and so forth............Turns out they were then just thrown away.I *think* a similar thing happens nowadays with plastic bottle tops. My last 2 paces of work collected them for charity but I can't for the life of me work out how they would earn money from them.

Some plastics can be broken down and reused to make new plastics, other types can be finely shredded and incorporated into textiles and fabrics. I remember reading that some car makers use recycled plastics in car upholstery and carpets.
Obviously, the UK HAS no car industry any longer, so none of that happens here. it had become so bad MORGAN CAR COMPANY was our largest remaining UK owned maker - but even they are selling out to an Italian outfit.
deleted1293960
Norseg01/05/2019 13:34

You've already said that..

Yes, but it doesnt seem to be getting through; you keep coming out with moronic and racist garbage, so I just recycled the most appropriate response.
deleted129396001/05/2019 13:39

Yes, but it doesnt seem to be getting through; you keep coming out with …Yes, but it doesnt seem to be getting through; you keep coming out with moronic and racist garbage, so I just recycled the most appropriate response.

Hey at least you can recycle whilst Africa doesn't know what that is

It's not racist, I would say the same if Africa was a white country
So I'm going to save the environment by wasting god knows how many litres of water to wash 10g of aluminium? Ok
deleted129396001/05/2019 13:57

Comment deleted

Hey I'm not the problem here, I'm not throwing garbage in the ocean, I'm throwing it in the bin, why don't you care about the environment? Fish are dying!
Oneday7729/04/2019 23:10

The reason we had limited supplies isn't due to washing tin foil, it was due to the lack of investment from the greedy water companies and their reluctance to spend on repairs
frakison01/05/2019 14:11

The reason we had limited supplies isn't due to washing tin foil, it was …The reason we had limited supplies isn't due to washing tin foil, it was due to the lack of investment from the greedy water companies and their reluctance to spend on repairs

It all adds up. I live in Scotland so wasted water isn’t much of an issue.
I do grudge wasting heated water.
deleted1293960
Norseg01/05/2019 13:43

Hey at least you can recycle whilst Africa doesn't know what that isIt's …Hey at least you can recycle whilst Africa doesn't know what that isIt's not racist, I would say the same if Africa was a white country

It's not racist, I would say the same if Africa was a white country

And of course you didnt complain to the mods and get my post of your compiled hate speech removed either, did you??

Since the mods wont answer the question of why my post was removed, but your racist posts have been left intact, I can only assume that the moderation team contains a number of racists.

I wholey expect you to complain and get this post removed as well.
deleted129396002/05/2019 07:54

It's not racist, I would say the same if Africa was a white countryAnd of …It's not racist, I would say the same if Africa was a white countryAnd of course you didnt complain to the mods and get my post of your compiled hate speech removed either, did you??Since the mods wont answer the question of why my post was removed, but your racist posts have been left intact, I can only assume that the moderation team contains a number of racists.I wholey expect you to complain and get this post removed as well.

I didn't, I honestly would never
For me I got a message for "unsuitable content" don't know what to that means

If anything I thought you reported me, I guess a mod just came across the comments since they monitor the site or someone else reported us
Edited by: "Norseg" 2nd May
Further into the article I notice that the councils are then looking to impose fines of up to £100 on households who do not comply with their directives, absolutely typical of all councils in my opinion, set targets, impose fortnightly or monthly bin collections and then come up with a reason, not to empty bins and fine people.
In Tameside we used to have the only recycling plantbin the country that recycled plastic bags, the council who are always banging on about green issues and recycling closed that facility about 7yrs ago because it was costing too much to of their hard earned cash that they collect from the residents.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions