Groups

Stopping drinking alcohol

I stopped drinking in feb,as was fed up with hangovers and other general effects and have not drunk since then.

I do feel better for it and to be honest now it doesn't bother me at all even when going out anymore.

Anyone else not drinking at present?

36 Comments

I'm not drinking at the moment :w00t:

I haven't had a drink since I got married in January...wasn't a big drinker before anyway, but haven't touched a drop since then :thumbsup:

Just need to quit the ciggies now :oops:

Same here though, doesn't bother my at all when I go out....... just means I always end up having to drive :roll:

I had a really bad bug one New Years about 4yrs ago. I stopped drinking then, and really don't drink much at all anymore. By that I mean, this "summer" I've had no more than 5 pints of pear cider. That's it !!

I stopped drinking madly about 5 years ago. But stopped drinking all together 3 1/2 years ago, don't even venture into a club/bar, feel a lot better, socially it is better too.

Original Poster

kyalion;6296228

I had a really bad bug one New Years about 4yrs ago. I stopped drinking … I had a really bad bug one New Years about 4yrs ago. I stopped drinking then, and really don't drink much at all anymore. By that I mean, this "summer" I've had no more than 5 pints of pear cider. That's it !!

Adam2050;6296230

I stopped drinking madly about 5 years ago. But stopped drinking all … I stopped drinking madly about 5 years ago. But stopped drinking all together 3 1/2 years ago, don't even venture into a club/bar, feel a lot better, socially it is better too.

tinkerbell28;6296241

Me, I never used to drink much anyway, maybe some bubbly on the weekend … Me, I never used to drink much anyway, maybe some bubbly on the weekend but I had a few weeks of functions and over did it and put 2 inches on and looked ill! It makes such a difference to your health, well being and skin when you avoid alcohol and it keeps you waist slim, I am enjoying nice skin not grey horrid skin, it's all good, and that's a difference from not really being a heavy drinker.:thumbsup:

Thanks all,I don't quite feel so unusual now:thumbsup:

Banned

I found the key is knowing one's limits so that you don't 'suffer' the ill effects of alcohol consumption.

I understand though that for some abstinence is the only answer.

FilthAndFurry;6296234

We have a major alcohol problem in this country - to be honest I actually … We have a major alcohol problem in this country - to be honest I actually dislike the drunken fools in city centres at weekends more than I do drug users.

FilthAndFurry;6296281

I found the key is knowing one's limits so that you don't 'suffer' the … I found the key is knowing one's limits so that you don't 'suffer' the ill effects of alcohol consumption.I understand though that for some abstinence is the only answer.

Kind of mixed messages there F&F........

Banned

gari189;6296327

Kind of mixed messages there F&F........

How so? They aren't mixed in the slightest - in fact they're the opposite of mixed.:?

i dont drink

I've cut down SO MUCH! now it's just the odd glass of red wine but it's so much now :thumbsup:

I don't drink. :thumbsup:

Banned

last time i drank was at room at the top (edinburgh) scot project 2 years ago t-total since only 23 lol

i dont drink that much maybe if its a nice weekend and we have a bbq then i will get a bottle of wine out but i never drink anymore than half a bottle and i can go months without a drink i prefer my milky coffee lol.

My boyfriend used to drink more before he met me(i don't drink)although going out with me i'm surprised it hasn't turned him to drink more:w00t:

I dont drink much, maybe a wine or alcopop at weekend smetimes not even then, but my DH drinks a lot 8-10 beers a night (4 of which is strong ones) I hate it but whenever I mention it he just snaps at me telling me I'm having a go. Really wish he would stop or just have the one.
    :thinking:

Kaytris;6296521

I dont drink much, maybe a wine or alcopop at weekend smetimes not even … I dont drink much, maybe a wine or alcopop at weekend smetimes not even then, but my DH drinks a lot 8-10 beers a night (4 of which is strong ones) I hate it but whenever I mention it he just snaps at me telling me I'm having a go. Really wish he would stop or just have the one.:thinking:

You need to keep an eye on this, as it could turn horrible for you.

i have odd drink here and there, like a bottle of wine when we go out for dinner etc, maybe one or two (and i mean two is the limit usually). But i felt much better for it, and have a more stable head ie emotion wise, although i am a happy drunk.

But i completely agree boothy, so nothing unusual!

I love beer... :-D

I'll give up one day but not while I still enjoy the social element of going for a pint with friends...

Flodd;6296721

I love beer... :-DI'll give up one day but not while I still enjoy the … I love beer... :-DI'll give up one day but not while I still enjoy the social element of going for a pint with friends...

you mean your give it up FOR one day, not give it up one day :whistling::p

I havnt had a proper drink in 3 years!! Most people will think I am mas with me being 24, but I honestly dont see the point. A night out in Birmingham will cost atleast £100 for the two of us, really not worth it imo. I would rather spend money on usefull things, most will call me boring but I dont care :lol:

Flodd;6296721

I love beer... :-DI'll give up one day but not while I still enjoy the … I love beer... :-DI'll give up one day but not while I still enjoy the social element of going for a pint with friends...

+1

I like going out at the weekends, I'm only 20 so I guess its the norm. Suppose when I'm older, have a gf and stuff then other things will come way before beer.

4lyons09;6296849

I havnt had a proper drink in 3 years!! Most people will think I am mas … I havnt had a proper drink in 3 years!! Most people will think I am mas with me being 24, but I honestly dont see the point. A night out in Birmingham will cost atleast £100 for the two of us, really not worth it imo. I would rather spend money on usefull things, most will call me boring but I dont care :lol:

im similar like that its expensive to go out in some areas...i live in London atm! :w00t:
    But my views seem similar and im 21 (22 in 3 days!)

i go out for a drink with m8s after ball trainin n tuesday and sunday nights, and im on a night out twice a week usually lol fairly average for a student tho :lol:

I drink nearly everyday, just have 1-2 beers at home with my gf.

I haven't been out drinking for about a year and I was never a heavy drinker, I hate drunk people wasting police time/causing fights because they can't control themselves.

I don't see the point in getting drunk. I've only done it once or twice at a new years party and it just makes you feel horrible the day after, i'd rather drink less but still have fun and also do something the following day instead of sitting around wishing I hadn't drank so much.

I drink.........no big deal

Banned

I drink loads and never get a hangover so apart from the cost of drinking there has never been a reason to stop

I stop drinking when I am pregnant

havent drank in almost four weeks.

havent drank in 3 days, but im only 16 eh.

fireheaven;6298775

I stop drinking when I am pregnant

If i was pregnant i'd start:w00t:

starsparkle2311;6300813

Any particular reason, or are you just detoxing?;-)

hush you... lol

I do get more moody when I drink though xx

4lyons09;6296849

I havnt had a proper drink in 3 years!! Most people will think I am mas … I havnt had a proper drink in 3 years!! Most people will think I am mas with me being 24, but I honestly dont see the point. A night out in Birmingham will cost atleast £100 for the two of us, really not worth it imo. I would rather spend money on usefull things, most will call me boring but I dont care :lol:

I also think along the same lines, i'm not a tee totaller, but very close to it, maybe 2 or 3 cans a year!

I'm drinking alcohol right now, oh shi!

nikkib123;6301588

I gave up when I fell pregnant almost three years ago. Before that I … I gave up when I fell pregnant almost three years ago. Before that I drank about 3-4 times a week.My health is much better and its so easy to stay slim without the booze.Plus I drive to partys and don't have to wait for people/taxi's just come and go as I please.I would only need half a lager to be pie eyed now!

cheap date darlin :w00t:;-):whistling:

nikkib123;6301698

Always have been :oops::-D

yipyipyippereeeeeeeeeee :-D

you can be my hukd christmas party partner then :w00t:

Kaytris;6296521

I dont drink much, maybe a wine or alcopop at weekend smetimes not even … I dont drink much, maybe a wine or alcopop at weekend smetimes not even then, but my DH drinks a lot 8-10 beers a night (4 of which is strong ones) I hate it but whenever I mention it he just snaps at me telling me I'm having a go. Really wish he would stop or just have the one.:thinking:

thats a problem right there, srs.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1118
      4. Sad news about Barcelona26113

See more discussions