Stopping Scam/Spam Tax refund Sms

Found 11th Oct 2016
Hi

I keep getting an Sms text in the name of HMRC or InfoGov or paypal stating I have an outstanding tax refund for this year.

How do i block this??

Previously when i got this text for the first time i was excited "Free Money" and became a prey for this scam. Clicked the link entered my bank details. The following day a person from US had used my card for purchase.

I notified this to bank. Blocked my card and issued me a new card. Bank stopped the transaction and credited the amount back in account.

Since then i have been getting this scam message in different names.

Any help appreciated.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

>>Previously when i got this text for the first time i was excited "Free Money" and became a prey for this scam. Clicked the link entered my bank details.

Because you fell for a previous "scam" you are now on their "gullible" list so I am afraid you will probably get a lots more of these.

I hope you learned your lesson from falling for the last scam and are now much more aware !

Might it be worth getting a new phone number and "starting again". Your mobile phone company should be able to give you a new number if you say you are getting lots of spam / scam texts.
Edited by: "guilbert53" 11th Oct 2016

Original Poster

tardytortoise

Simply report the facts at this … Simply report the facts at this website.http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

ya will report it to them.

Original Poster

guilbert53

Previously when i got this text for the first time i was excited "Free … >>Previously when i got this text for the first time i was excited "Free Money" and became a prey for this scam. Clicked the link entered my bank details.Because you fell for a previous "scam" you are now on their "gullible" list so I am afraid you will probably get a lots more of these.I hope you learned your lesson from falling for the last scam and are now much more aware !Might it be worth getting a new phone number and "starting again". Your mobile phone company should be able to give you a new number if you say you are getting lots of spam / scam texts.

very true. once a prey will always be a prey i guess
I might end up changing the number as you said if that's the only option to get rid of this.

I know what you mean, I keep getting letters from hmrc stating they over paid me by £55 or so for working tax credit. I didn't claim they year they are referring to. Then I get another letter my entitlement for next 3 years or 2 years I won't be paid becuase I owe them oO I don't care, I stopped claiming when they started paying me £1 a week this was 2 years ago and that last Letter just come few weeks ago. Scammers or what.

I think it would be cheaper for me to fall for the text message scam X)
Edited by: "MR1123" 11th Oct 2016

download truecaller app block 95%of sales call and u can block there number 2

Original Poster

don007

download truecaller app block 95%of sales call and u can block there … download truecaller app block 95%of sales call and u can block there number 2

I'm using that app. It blocks calls but not texts

Use Truemessenger. It's by the Truecaller folks.
Edited by: "bobkin" 11th Oct 2016

Banned

omg op are you for real!!!
we can't get a free tin of beans from supermarket and you thought a text would make you rich!

Original Poster

sofiasar

omg op are you for real!!! we can't get a free tin of beans from … omg op are you for real!!! we can't get a free tin of beans from supermarket and you thought a text would make you rich!

never expected this would happen ..
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Full car respray33
    2. NEWBIE Help with a new laptop or PC please?!33
    3. Jd sports22
    4. Paw patrol sea patroller22

See more discussions