Found 24th Apr 2009
I started again last year (after loosing loads and loads of weight)and really am going to stop i have one cig left .disgusting.....has anyone stopped and NOT put weight on ??because im really healthy(apart from the cigs)so in reality i shouldnt ...can it be done?

19 Comments

yes it can be as long as you dont substitute food for cigs. loads of luck to you..... it's hard but if you have the correct frame of mind you can do it

Banned

When you stop smoking your appetite comes back, unless you take an appetite suppressant.

The weight will go in time, but your health will be sooo much better. You're making the right choice.

I literally watched my grandfather die of Lung Cancer 6 years ago. If you have children you owe it to them to keep yourself healthy.

Good on you!!

I stopped a few months ago and put on a bit of weight but have managed to loose it again after the initial first few weeks of wanting to eat anything in sight.
The craving to eat all the time does die down after a few weeks.
Try munching on fruit and vegetables if you need to munch (which you will lol) :thumbsup:

i stopped smoking for 4 months and in those 4 months i gained quite a fair few pounds i wasnt happy, i tried to watch what i was eating but no matter what the pounds piled on. everyone i know who has given up smoking has gained weight. its mad you give up to become healthy but then are unhappy cause of the weight you gain - good luck with giving up

I gave up again a few of months ago, I remembered this time to go to the doctors to get the patches after spending a fortune in tesco last time.

I have to say that so far it's been easy and I've lost weight

My local poundland does the Niquitin gum, for erm, a pound a packet, 2mg or 4 mg stuff. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

i cant believe i started again!!!after being stopped for so long and getting fit/loosing weight...im a muppet ..i am totally determined and cutting up and freezing apples to munch tomorrow.

hunchback;5027178

My local poundland does the Niquitin gum, for erm, a pound a packet, 2mg … My local poundland does the Niquitin gum, for erm, a pound a packet, 2mg or 4 mg stuff. :thumbsup:

yeah but I'd rather smoke that have that in my mouth, how can something that says 'Mint' on the packet taste like the floor of a hospital bathroom?

keeyop;5027190

yeah but I'd rather smoke that have that in my mouth, how can something … yeah but I'd rather smoke that have that in my mouth, how can something that says 'Mint' on the packet taste like the floor of a hospital bathroom?

True

I stopped smoking last July. None of my old clothes fit me now. I put on about 3 stone!

Gave up nearly two years ago and am only recently 'over it'. Did put weight on, but I'm a lazy greedy git anyway! :thumbsup:

lorsmanic;5027180

i cant believe i started again!!!after being stopped for so long and … i cant believe i started again!!!after being stopped for so long and getting fit/loosing weight...im a muppet ..i am totally determined and cutting up and freezing apples to munch tomorrow.

Those ready cut carrot batons are a favourite of mine if you are out and about and need something to eat that isn't a double cheeseburger.
Mmmm, double cheesburgers :whistling:

its all about what you replace smoking with what i done was when i was sitting with nothing to do i would excercise but not anything in particular just get up jump about do some weights jump up and down do star jumps lol when you are doing that you wont feel the craving and its a good way to kill boredom and you wont put on any weight plus think to yourself when you are doing that i am getting healthier and theres not much chance of keeling over because you have no smole in your blood and you will feel better but the key is to keep at it and when you see yourself improve you will keep at it
good luck

Good luck to you hun, I am giving up monday for the 3rd and last time

also its about changeing a bad habit for a good one not food lol because if you think that way thats what will happen its all up to you .

vitamin c attaches itself to the blood stream in the same way as nicotine so that helps with the feeling hungry part for snacks try cut carrots and peppers prepare them into a small box you can keep with you at all times that should help as well good luck matey also ask local pharmacyfor info i found the inibulator really good .

starsparkle2311;5027705

Don't worry about the weight, obviously you're gonna replace one … Don't worry about the weight, obviously you're gonna replace one addiction with another, you'll settle yourself down after a while, it all evens out.Eat sweets, chocs whatever, it's better than chuffing those evil fumes into your body!!Well done for stopping, keep it up:thumbsup:

Well....did you get your dose of the PeggMeister then Sparkle? :-D

starsparkle2311;5027705

Don't worry about the weight, obviously you're gonna replace one … Don't worry about the weight, obviously you're gonna replace one addiction with another, you'll settle yourself down after a while, it all evens out.Eat sweets, chocs whatever, it's better than chuffing those evil fumes into your body!!Well done for stopping, keep it up:thumbsup:

+1

except that's not an LLM type 'chuffing' I hope:w00t:

Nicotine gum relieves the hunger pains!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769530
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604822
    3. Add one, leave one game54415451
    4. word association Game74244928

See more discussions