Expired

Storage for lawnmower?

Found 24th Jan 2012
Hi guys, you lot are great for advice and tips so here I am again. I've recently moved into a house with a garden (didn't have one in my previous address). I've acquired a lawnmower and strimmer for the summer but I've nowhere to store it. There isn't a garden shed and I can't afford one and there's no room in the house. The equipment is in a bedroom at the moment but that's far from ideal.

Is there some kind of storage item I can purchase which I can put in the garden and can put these items in? Obviously something which isn't too expensive - if I had the money I'd get myself a shed! Thanks in advance.

22 Comments

My uncle had someone cut through his fence and the back of his shed to steal his lawnmower. He put a metal sheet behind it so they burnt it down.

Measure them then look at some of those big toughened plastic storage boxes that can be locked.

Something like this?

This?

or depending on your local authority they may do discounts on compost bins, if your lawn mower is small enough in may fit under, won't be secure but will be dry!

jeany123

will they fit in … will they fit in herehttp://www.thesportshq.com/palm-springs-outdoor-garden-storage-box.aspx?affiliate=ppc-google&gclid=CPigiNLC6K0CFVAhtAodqm595Q

Wow! that is a great price

cazzabird

Wow! that is a great price

I thought that as well even with added postage its still cheap

jeany123

I thought that as well even with added postage its still cheap

they are selling it on ebay for £28.99 for free postage too

splatsplatsplat

they are selling it on ebay for £28.99 for free postage too

That's even better

Did anyone try this? Is it big enough for a flymo and strimer?

Have you been drinking today?

Have you been drinking today?

Well have you been drinking today then?

Oi, delete that post. You're spoiling the flow

I had yeah. I was posting on my phone and I don't know why it posted so many times but it was a simple enough question really

Banned

PMBrady

I had yeah. I was posting on my phone and I don't know why it posted so … I had yeah. I was posting on my phone and I don't know why it posted so many times but it was a simple enough question really

No have you?

Banned

Op check the dimensions of the box and check the size of the lawnmower and strimmer and you'll have your answer. It's unlikely some one will have bought the box and have the same items that you want to put in there.

Also here's my 2ps worth, I think the box is going to be very cheap and nasty. It won't be particularly waterproof and will likely not have uv protection and so will become brittle after a year or two.

Some tarp will probably offer similar protection as this box and will be even cheaper. Plus it will be useful after you can afford a proper shed.

Alternatively see if a neighbour will hold them for you in their shed and allow them to use it sparingly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions