Store Misprices

Found 24th Feb
What’s your best misprice?

I’ve just got Star Wars Battlefront 2 for a fiver in Asda and hoping it’s worth the fiver
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Godfather DVD boxset when it was first out in 2002. Was around £50 at the time and i got it for 10p in Comet
Maybe thats why they went bankrupt?
14 Comments
You want SW2 for a fiver, post it will go 2000 heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was in Asda yesterday looking at the games and Battlefront 2 was 30 something quid. Lucky find though.
Jeans £2 in primark
Segata-Sanshiro8 m ago

Jeans £2 in primark

I thought that was the regular price in Primark?

Yeah, I know. Puerile
Free electric razor from Tesco dtd, Turtle Beach PX3 Headphones for 1p Tesco.
Edited by: "Darzen" 24th Feb
An Olympus digital camera from Tesco for 1p is probably my best. I've had headphones and various other things from Tesco for a penny as well.
I go through the self till now after having a few things taken off me, I put the money in quick so when they realise while taking the tags off I already have a receipt, the only way they are getting it back then is by wrestling it from my cold dead hands.
I've been stopped by security and had numerous bust ups with the staff but once I've got a receipt they've got no chance lol.
Original Poster
They put the game on the shelf where the first edition was obviously meant to be. I played it cool and got it for a fiver I think it was meant to be £34
£5 games from Asda aren't misprices, they're "toxic stock" reductions and are store specific. Yes, they're stupid prices but they're deliberate, not mistakes.

1p items from Tesco aren't misprices. Staff are usually meant to remove them from the shelves but the pricing isn't a mistake and if a customer finds one the official line is they are to allow the sale.
Godfather DVD boxset when it was first out in 2002. Was around £50 at the time and i got it for 10p in Comet
Maybe thats why they went bankrupt?
instore? Has to be the cheap 360 games a few years back. They were scanning between £2-£3 but still shelf stickered at their usual prices, went in with the hand scanner, got about 20, straight down CEX and made over £250.

Online, has to be Tesco selling the Xbox One S and COD WW2 for £40 Made even better as I got 2 copies of cod delivered
Original Poster
Rubisco2 h, 24 m ago

£5 games from Asda aren't misprices, they're "toxic stock" reductions and …£5 games from Asda aren't misprices, they're "toxic stock" reductions and are store specific. Yes, they're stupid prices but they're deliberate, not mistakes.1p items from Tesco aren't misprices. Staff are usually meant to remove them from the shelves but the pricing isn't a mistake and if a customer finds one the official line is they are to allow the sale.

Mine was an Asda balls up. Happy they had someone who knows nothing about games stacking the shelf ...
I got charged 3 times for one printer in Tesco, it crashed the tills twice and I was assured I hadn’t been charged. When I checked the bank I complained to the manager and got a £50 voucher (printer only cost me £10 in the end!!!)
Dead space 2 just released for PS3.

I went in Block busters and bought dead space 1 for £3-5 as I never played it and then wanted to buy or rent #2.

Walked out the shop checked my game just to see the cd condition.

Turned out they accidentally gave me Dead space 2 in the wrong case.

So got a £40 week old game for £3-5. Ended up buying ds1 from Game a day later for roughly same cost.

Not sure if you'd count that as a miss price.
Edited by: "kos1c" 25th Feb
cash generator sold me an 80s analogue synth korg sigma for £100
they seem to be selling between 500 and 1000 on ebay
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions