Stores still accepting old £10 notes

Found 3rd Mar
As most of you know, the old £10 notes have been withdrawn and are no longer accepted as of Friday 2nd March.

Here is the list of stores known to still be accepting them...

Iceland - Until Easter Monday, 2nd April.
Aldi - Until Good Friday, 30th March.
Morrisons - Until 16th March.
Farmfoods - End date TBA.

Please comment below if you know of others, I hope to keep this list updated.

Admins, please delete if not allowed.
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
dave pluck bookies still accepts
everybody's bank, for starters

what's the point of this thread?
luvsadealdealdeal16 m ago

everybody's bank, for starterswhat's the point of this thread?

Because it’s often more convenient to spend them in stores which have extended opening hours compared to the banks which are only open during typical working hours.
sug79 m ago

Because it’s often more convenient to spend them in stores which have e … Because it’s often more convenient to spend them in stores which have extended opening hours compared to the banks which are only open during typical working hours.

Also most local banks have shut and keep moving further and further away. Unless u live in a main city or town.
By the way the post office accept them aswell but I think u need pay it into ur bank using the card
Thanks for the thread Op although be careful with Iceland. My local Iceland store refused to take my old £1 coins
and yet online they said they would.
MynameisM49 m ago

By the way the post office accept them aswell but I think u need pay it …By the way the post office accept them aswell but I think u need pay it into ur bank using the card

Yes, I believe you have to have an account with the bank you're exchanging them in. Managed to get £50 worth exchanged at the Halifax recently, they asked me if I had an account with them, so would imagine it's the same with every other bank.
MynameisM56 m ago

Also most local banks have shut and keep moving further and further away. …Also most local banks have shut and keep moving further and further away. Unless u live in a main city or town.

Good point, and only Metro Bank appears to be open till 8 p.m. most days as well, if you can't get to a bank before 5 p.m., if anyone has an account with them.
Edited by: "LemonHead" 3rd Mar
Farmfoods. No stop date as of yet
deleted1431257
Anyone tried or seen other trying to sell old tenners for well over the value on places like eBay, with suckers falling for taglines like 'super duper ultra rare' etc?
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 3rd Mar
I went to Waitrose with an old pound yesterday and was accepted over tobacco counter
I find self-service machines are best when situations like this occur. It was handy to get rid of all my old fivers.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants