storkz.com anyone used?

LocalFound 25th Aug 2015
As title, anyone used storkz.com, seems they ship from America so I know it'll take a while to get an item, but they have a watch on there cheaper than anywhere else I can find in the UK.

If it's a legit site, will I have to pay extra to get the package into the country? Can anyone explain simply how that works?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
From there own website:
Customs Fees & Taxes

Other than the "Express" shipping option, all applicable customs fees, taxes and duties are the sole responsibility of the customer. Customs authorities require that we state the value of your order directly on your package – the value is the retail cost. Storkz.com cannot mark any package(s) as a “Gift” in order to avoid customs and duties fees. If the "Express" shipping option is chosne then Storkz.com is soley responsible for the custom/import related fees.

Please note that on rare occasions, customs agents may delay the delivery of some packages at their discretion.

For more information on customs and duties charges, please contact your local customs office.

You will have to various duties and there is often a charge (£7 IIRC) from courier like Royal Mail for sorting out the duties.
Edited by: "groenleader" 25th Aug 2015
Personal point: If you see something on sale in the USA and not here, things like watches they could well be below the quality of what we would expect in the UK. Even if its badged Armani or Timex or whatever, price is important to them and not quality and they have little to judge quality by.

The UK/Northern European market attract shoppers from all over the world and premium brands will supply items made in different locations to fill the "quality" requirement here.

I don't know if that's relevant to what you want but its worth noting. I have commented on various clothing threads on here about such things, often support by others.
Thanks to you both, think I may spend a little more and get it from a UK store then!
It is a legitimate website but customs & excise plus potential courier fees would put me off.... which watch btw??
Splodger101

It is a legitimate website but customs & excise plus potential courier … It is a legitimate website but customs & excise plus potential courier fees would put me off.... which watch btw??

storkz.com/nix…tml this one, I'm in love.
boats92

​http://www.storkz.com/nixon-smalltimetellergunmetalmulti.html this one, I … ​http://www.storkz.com/nixon-smalltimetellergunmetalmulti.html this one, I'm in love.

Hmmmmm ....this one then?!
or this one - works out @ £62-ish

Splodger101

Hmmmmm ....this one then?! or this one - works out @ £62-ish

​Yeh those ones, but I was reluctant to buy from Amazon, got one now anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants