Straight white men need not apply unless you're disabled

Top comments
Shengis4 m ago

As always, or so it seems, I have to ask.....And?

I suppose the And is when we are being led by the most incompetant PM in my lifetime a quick glance at the alternative reminds me just how ridiculous the choices are.
Anti-white, but not racist, you cant be racist about white people, Diane told me.
I'm a self-defined 9 year old female from Uganda who is transitioning to a 31 year old tree from Chile but I used to be a human and very white and grumpy but I just am so happy we live in an accepting and understanding world. I hope the summer is nice it will help my leaves grow.
I identify as an apache helicopter with sexual preference for chicken casserole who wants to transition into a 60” 4K Tv.
can I join
45 Comments
As always, or so it seems, I have to ask.....

And?
And yes, I do see the irony
Shengis4 m ago

As always, or so it seems, I have to ask.....And?

I suppose the And is when we are being led by the most incompetant PM in my lifetime a quick glance at the alternative reminds me just how ridiculous the choices are.
Anti-white, but not racist, you cant be racist about white people, Diane told me.
OllieSt20 m ago

I suppose the And is when we are being led by the most incompetant PM in …I suppose the And is when we are being led by the most incompetant PM in my lifetime a quick glance at the alternative reminds me just how ridiculous the choices are.

They are incompetent but this isn't an example of that. This is about underrepresented and disadvantaged groups looking for ways to be better represented isn't it?
davewave14 m ago

Anti-white, but not racist, you cant be racist about white people, Diane …Anti-white, but not racist, you cant be racist about white people, Diane told me.

Racism is about power. White people, men especially, hold the power in this country.

So the object of your obsession was correct.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals10 m ago

They are incompetent but this isn't an example of that. This is about …They are incompetent but this isn't an example of that. This is about underrepresented and disadvantaged groups looking for ways to be better represented isn't it?

Why can't an able-bodied white man help in that better representation?
OllieSt7 m ago

Why can't an able-bodied white man help in that better representation?

They absolutely can be allies but this is about marginalised groups finding their own voices.

Is this something you're particularly offended by or are you reporting on the outrage of others?
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals43 m ago

They absolutely can be allies but this is about marginalised groups …They absolutely can be allies but this is about marginalised groups finding their own voices.Is this something you're particularly offended by or are you reporting on the outrage of others?

The whole notion that you must be from a marginalised group to apply for one of the 4 equalities officer positions in the Young Labour Party is neither outrageous nor offensive to me. It's just daft. Why have the restriction?
Edited by: "OllieSt" 12th Feb
I'm curious as to what proof they will require for candidates?
I mean how do you prove you are LGBT? 🤣
Satan_Claws1 m ago

I'm curious as to what proof they will require for candidates?I mean how …I'm curious as to what proof they will require for candidates?I mean how do you prove you are LGBT? 🤣

Does a blue badge get you an application?
Satan_Claws4 m ago

I'm curious as to what proof they will require for candidates?I mean how …I'm curious as to what proof they will require for candidates?I mean how do you prove you are LGBT? 🤣

You don't have prove it. It says you just have to 'self define'. So I guess if you say you are that's good enough.
Won't be too long and the White British Straight Male will be the minority, then we can attend this pathetic event.
Edited by: "Chiptivo" 13th Feb
I'm a self-defined 9 year old female from Uganda who is transitioning to a 31 year old tree from Chile but I used to be a human and very white and grumpy but I just am so happy we live in an accepting and understanding world. I hope the summer is nice it will help my leaves grow.
#StraightWhiteMenMatter

You can stick your "communities" up you a***.
Each one teach one, by cutting blacks out or whites out or men or women out, you never get to educate anyone.

All that happens is an army of non white, non straight men come out of the meeting ready to drive home to everyone else why they are right.
I identify as an apache helicopter with sexual preference for chicken casserole who wants to transition into a 60” 4K Tv.
can I join
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals1 h, 39 m ago

Racism is about power. White people, men especially, hold the power in …Racism is about power. White people, men especially, hold the power in this country.So the object of your obsession was correct.

But vast majority of the straight white men who hold power in the country are alpha males. Most of the straight white males who would want to attend an event such as this would be beta males, a marginalised group further marginalised by the anti-marginalisation brigade on the basis that their sexuality, skin colour and gender matches those of powerful individuals with whom they share few other characteristics.
Chiptivo29 m ago

Won't be too long and the White British Straight Male will be the …Won't be too long and the White British Straight Male will be the minority, then we can attend this paphetic event.

I’d give it 100 years till the Pollitical correctness society get their dream come true, an entire nation of transgender bisexual wheelchair bound black-Asians
They also allow anyone who self identifies as a woman on the all female short lists, which makes far less sense.
Edited by: "catbeans" 12th Feb
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals3 h, 22 m ago

Racism is about power. White people, men especially, hold the power in …Racism is about power. White people, men especially, hold the power in this country.So the object of your obsession was correct.

Racism is about power." Rich" people, men especially, hold the power in this country.
118luke2 h, 24 m ago

I’d give it 100 years till the Pollitical correctness society get their d …I’d give it 100 years till the Pollitical correctness society get their dream come true, an entire nation of transgender bisexual wheelchair bound black-Asians

33250309-pZSuh.jpg
118luke2 h, 40 m ago

I’d give it 100 years till the Pollitical correctness society get their d …I’d give it 100 years till the Pollitical correctness society get their dream come true, an entire nation of transgender bisexual wheelchair bound black-Asians

"We'll be talking about transgendered bathrooms when the mullahs drop the nuke us."
sparc12 m ago

[Video] "We'll be talking about transgendered bathrooms when the mullahs …[Video] "We'll be talking about transgendered bathrooms when the mullahs drop the nuke us."

U wot m8?
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals6 h, 14 m ago

They are incompetent but this isn't an example of that. This is about …They are incompetent but this isn't an example of that. This is about underrepresented and disadvantaged groups looking for ways to be better represented isn't it?

I’d say straight and white is pretty under represented these days.
Surely an equalities conference would have people from ALL backgrounds, typical political agenda and double standards as it's discriminating against white males, and this is coming from someone who is mixed race.

I think people have the freedom to do what they want (sexuality,gender etc), just don't force it onto everyone, allow open discussions and don't try to silence people who disagree.
cmdr_elito9 h, 7 m ago

In what field? You're of course very wrong but if you tell us which area you're thinking of specifically we can ascertain just how wrong.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals1 h, 16 m ago

In what field? You're of course very wrong but if you tell us which area …In what field? You're of course very wrong but if you tell us which area you're thinking of specifically we can ascertain just how wrong.

Mens 4 x 100m relay team.
33252054-qC1Ww.jpg

Oh no wait, it's just the 4 best 4 x 100m men we have, how novel
Edited by: "OllieSt" 13th Feb
OllieSt5 m ago

Mens 4 x 100m relay team. [Image] Oh no wait, it's just the 4 best 4 x …Mens 4 x 100m relay team. [Image] Oh no wait, it's just the 4 best 4 x 100m men we have, how novel

Athletics is not a great analogy for the socially and economically disadvantaged voices of minority groups.

But please, continue.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals1 m ago

Athletics is not a great analogy for the socially and economically …Athletics is not a great analogy for the socially and economically disadvantaged voices of minority groups. But please, continue.

The point is that just allow the best person for the job a chance of getting that job. But I guess you already knew that
OllieSt3 m ago

The point is that just allow the best person for the job a chance of …The point is that just allow the best person for the job a chance of getting that job. But I guess you already knew that

The point is that your idea that the best person gets the job in business and politics is flawed. Institutional biases have been proven time and time again so we need to do something to give underrepresented voices a leg up.

Obviously that isn't something that many people in this thread have an interest in and they'll whine about it being unfair, but the fact is that the system itself is inherently unfair.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals21 m ago

The point is that your idea that the best person gets the job in business …The point is that your idea that the best person gets the job in business and politics is flawed. Institutional biases have been proven time and time again so we need to do something to give underrepresented voices a leg up.Obviously that isn't something that many people in this thread have an interest in and they'll whine about it being unfair, but the fact is that the system itself is inherently unfair.

I have no issue with giving underrepresented voices a leg up, and I recognise that the system itself is unfair. But I disagree with you on the best person getting the job done. On this occasion we pretty much agree on most points, and I can't be bothered to keep regurgitating the same points. Enjoy your day.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 13th Feb
cmdr_elito11 h, 4 m ago

Agreed, can you imagine a White straight male pride parade? It would be slammed and condemned from all directions!

How sad thats it’s frowned upon to be as what nature intended.
Isn't Corbyn a straight White male?

Also when talking about equality

youtube.com/wat…2t0
Edited by: "PizzaTheHutt." 13th Feb
Chiptivo12th Feb

Won't be too long and the White British Straight Male will be the …Won't be too long and the White British Straight Male will be the minority, then we can attend this pathetic event.

To quote the only Marx worth reading " I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would HAVE me as
a member "......
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals12th Feb

This is about a conference to elect officers for their roles in equality. The officers are the doers, the voters are a sample set of the consumers of equality services to be done by these officers.
118luke12 h, 31 m ago

Agreed, can you imagine a White straight male pride parade? It would be …Agreed, can you imagine a White straight male pride parade? It would be slammed and condemned from all directions! How sad thats it’s frowned upon to be as what nature intended.

It has to be said that white male is indeed hard done by, not by this specific conference, but by the plight of those, as an example, notably Fathers 4 Justice and New Fathers 4 Justice.
Edited by: "splender" 13th Feb
quite a sophicated, in-depth wisdom, I am not sure of the original context of this wisdom and how it relates to @chiptivo's comment

Chiptivo12th Feb

Won't be too long and the White British Straight Male will be the …Won't be too long and the White British Straight Male will be the minority, then we can attend this pathetic event.

Alfsmum1 h, 27 m ago

To quote the only Marx worth reading " I wouldn't want to be a member of …To quote the only Marx worth reading " I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would HAVE me as a member "......

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals13 h, 43 m ago

In what field? You're of course very wrong but if you tell us which area …In what field? You're of course very wrong but if you tell us which area you're thinking of specifically we can ascertain just how wrong.

LGBT society is one example.
HotEnglishAndWelshDeals12 h, 25 m ago

The point is that your idea that the best person gets the job in business …The point is that your idea that the best person gets the job in business and politics is flawed. Institutional biases have been proven time and time again so we need to do something to give underrepresented voices a leg up.Obviously that isn't something that many people in this thread have an interest in and they'll whine about it being unfair, but the fact is that the system itself is inherently unfair.

I have seen many individuals from minority groups employed over better qualified people for the role because they are from a minority group. This is deeply unfair to those who have better skills that they are discriminated against because they aren’t from a minority group and the company has a quota to fill. It also further promotes discontentment against minorities because these people (as mentioned in my example) then do not perform effectively in the role which then makes them look incompetent and then further adds to minority stereotyping.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants