Strange garden plant...or weed?

10 replies
Found 10th Aug 2010
I have a strange plant growing in my back garden and I'd like to know what it is. It could may well be a weed.

Link in the next post.

10 Comments

Original Poster

i980.photobucket.com/alb…jpg

pic 2

It's the maroon one in the middle. Any assistance would be appreciated
Edited by: "sufology" 10th Aug 2010

hey i know it sounds daft but it reminded me of lollo rosso,

yours

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae284/sajedapatel/plant/SP_A1047.jpg

lollo rosso

http://www.pflanzenliebe.de/innen/floragalerie_mittel/essbares_mittel/salat_lollorosso_0806/lollorosso.jpg
a bit more info would be good like is the stem twiggy or what? are the leaves soft and floppy are firm?
Edited by: "michelleleemoo" 10th Aug 2010

ask chesso shes the gardening guru i think

I'd eat it

sancho1983

I'd eat it

haha

Original Poster

thanks for you replies. After searching for lollo rosso, it looks very much like a lettuce (apart from the size and shape) It was a ball shape earlier then we let it grow and it has grown to this.

sufchenko

thanks for you replies. After searching for lollo rosso, it looks very … thanks for you replies. After searching for lollo rosso, it looks very much like a lettuce (apart from the size and shape) It was a ball shape earlier then we let it grow and it has grown to this.

go wash some and eat it and tell us what its like

Original Poster

I'm curious as to how big it will get. If you look at picture 2, it is growing into a tree shape.
Hopefully it will grow to the clouds and I will climb it (_;)

sufchenko

I'm curious as to how big it will get. If you look at picture 2, it is … I'm curious as to how big it will get. If you look at picture 2, it is growing into a tree shape. Hopefully it will grow to the clouds and I will climb it (_;)

I suffer from that X) and its not a beanstalk for definite

lettuce redcoral maybe ??

link
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. landlord trying to get tenant to purchase a new bed when the old one was al…913
    2. What's this on my neighbours roof?1618
    3. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?33
    4. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?35

See more discussions