Strange Interview Question...

18 replies
Found 2nd Sep 2010
Just got back from a job interview and was asked the question

"What type of vegetable would you want to be and why?"

lawd knows why but I immediately answered

"a potato...because they are versatile and can be adapted to most dishes/situations.

never been asked that before! But then again I havent had many job interviews!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
18 Comments

Banned

Sorry for the delay in your thread appearing.

Ha ha love your answer. Dunno what I would have said!

Banned

These sort of questions would provoke a violent urge to punch the interviewer. At this point I would just tell them the job/workplace isn't for you and walk out.

lol, what a strange question !!!, but i think the answer you gave was very good , quick thinking of you too !! good luck and hope you get the job x

master_chief

These sort of questions would provoke a violent urge to punch the … These sort of questions would provoke a violent urge to punch the interviewer. At this point I would just tell them the job/workplace isn't for you and walk out.

This is what i would do.

My wife says she would have said a tomato, a nice (?) outer skin but with a soft centre

I thought of mine.

Savoy Cabbage

Most people don't like me, but if you treat/cook me right then i'm really nice....

Was it an interview for master chef http://fc04.deviantart.net/images3/i/2004/120/3/e/eyebrow2.gif

good luck bits

p.s. if you get the job yo betta not be hustling on ma corner mamma

[img]t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGvSgtHtYJMOzPnqT4Mdkvt_4Y6R4TvVo68G9ZdOGhrH9zMaA&t=1&usg=__BA7UCZxBcIXOv8gghnmtGRiOo74=[/img]

Original Poster

fox2020

Was it an interview for master chef

you would have thought so, hey? A local vets receptionist....really want it but not getting my hopes up!

nice to see you xx

bitseylango

you would have thought so, hey? A local vets receptionist....really want … you would have thought so, hey? A local vets receptionist....really want it but not getting my hopes up! nice to see you xx

Local VET?? surely a better/more relavant question would've been if you were an animal what would it be?

bitseylango

you would have thought so, hey? A local vets receptionist....really want … you would have thought so, hey? A local vets receptionist....really want it but not getting my hopes up! nice to see you xx

Good to see you too Bitseyhttp://fc06.deviantart.net/fs9/i/2006/067/4/c/_wink__by_doglover2006.gif
It was a cracking answer and I hope you get the jobhttp://fc07.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2004/348/7/f/_thumbsup__take_4_by_jet3270.gif

Original Poster

BlueMeaney

Local VET?? surely a better/more relavant question would've been if you … Local VET?? surely a better/more relavant question would've been if you were an animal what would it be?

I doubt I would have been able to come up with an answer to that question! Maybe the fact i am a school cook at the moment helped me with the veg question

I would be an onion as I'm good at making people cry.

Sounds like the type of question to appear on Blind Date oO

turrah

I would want to be whatever Mercedes McQueens favourite vegetable is.
I could then get in her mouth.

bitseylango

I doubt I would have been able to come up with an answer to that … I doubt I would have been able to come up with an answer to that question! Maybe the fact i am a school cook at the moment helped me with the veg question

Good answer though.

Good job it wasnt bakery related, lol

Original Poster

BlueMeaney

Good answer though.Good job it wasnt bakery related, lol

dont! I am all caked out for the duration! That was a mammoth might to say the least, I hope dog_breath has got over it

bitseylango

dont! I am all caked out for the duration! That was a mammoth might to … dont! I am all caked out for the duration! That was a mammoth might to say the least, I hope dog_breath has got over it

just about - it was rather funny, he did have a little sulk at that twit posting pics while he was trying to upload the results, heheheh bless him

These sort of questions would provoke a violent urge to punch the … These sort of questions would provoke a violent urge to punch the interviewer. At this point I would just tell them the job/workplace isn't for you and walk out.

+1

In one interview I was asked what type of animal I would be and 3 reasons why - after that question I lost interest in the rest of the interview as I'd already decided I didn't want to work there.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?25
    2. Android TV box help?33
    3. Issue with Quidco referrals not tracking22
    4. Best phone for spec- canada and uk?11

See more discussions