Groups

Strange or Funny place/street names

Can you beat this one on the BBC website today

33 Comments

Original Poster

In 2003 Paul and Lisa Allott moved from their bungalow in Conisbrough, South Yorkshire, after becoming fed up of living in Butt Hole Road.

The family said they had grown tired of groups of youths posing for photographs by a street sign near their front wall with their buttocks bared.

Banned

I know of a ****** Lane, **** Road, ****** ***** ***** Avenue, ********* *** Close and I used to live near ********************** Way

An area near where i used to live is called Bell End

haha I see a few when I'm posting stuff on ebay but n, none quite as bad as that :lol:

I'm from Scunthorpe :-(

theres a place near me called low jobs hill, kids keep writing a letter in front of the first word.
    the letter is a bit like a wasp but fatter.

Banned

donnydude;3982298

I'm from Scunthorpe :-(

Ha ha! I am surprised you can post that. Most Nazi internet word filters usually erase any trace of your town!

There are 2 villages in Northumberland called Once Brewed and Twice Brewed, I guess the posh people live in Once Brewed!!

DanJackson;3982313

Ha ha! I am surprised you can post that. Most Nazi internet word filters … Ha ha! I am surprised you can post that. Most Nazi internet word filters usually erase any trace of your town!

It's only just begun to let that word be written. I think the swear filter is broken here to be honest.

maybe not
    Cheers for letting me write Scunthorpe admin

rockerfella20;3982306

theres a place near me called low jobs hill, kids keep writing a letter … theres a place near me called low jobs hill, kids keep writing a letter in front of the first word. the letter is a bit like a wasp but fatter.

Lol my kind of people

Banned

there's a place near walingford (between reading and oxford) called tokers green.

Scream;3982343

Lol my kind of people

theres also vart road which gets changed quite regular

One for Lulusmammy

http://www.rudebritain.co.uk/images/dildo.jpg

There's a place called Pity Me. but that's not as good as the others.

There's a road in Hertfordshire called Wibbly Wobbly Lane - I used to use it when I worked in Stevenage.

Cocks bank

borolad94;3982462

There's a place called Pity Me. but that's not as good as the others.

aww i was gona say that 1 LOL:)

There is a cockshut lane
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/04/article-1105056-02F23EF7000005DC-516_468x269.jpg

The Knob:
    ]Click for google proof
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/138254956_4f6deef1dc.jpg

There is a Juggs lane I think as well somewhere.

There's also an Uckfield in E.Sussex. I'll give you three guesses what letter gets put at the start of the sign..... !

theres also a place near me called escomb and about ten years ago they made a big planted area that spelt out the village name in colorfull flowers, whole community chipped in and planted the bulbs and kept it weed free, someone from another village nicked the 'e' and the 'b' and a bit of the top of the 'o' so the arrangement spelt 'scum'.

Xb0xGuru;3982700

There's also an Uckfield in E.Sussex. I'll give you three guesses what … There's also an Uckfield in E.Sussex. I'll give you three guesses what letter gets put at the start of the sign..... !

D, L or M. :whistling:

Jumpingphil;3982823

D, L or M. :whistling:

lol - something like that....

There is a place called Bully Hole Bottom near Chepstow. Always had us giggling like fools when we were kids.

Just realised that there is a Cock Lane, in High Wycombe. I think i win !!!

Must be something about East Sussex as they have Upper Dicker and Lower Dicker too :oops:

Original Poster

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp191/lufc246/_45350796_rude_scratchy-bottom.jpg

Crinkley bottom, where noel edmunds used to live lol

Fingeringhoe is a fave of mine like

Original Poster

Wetwang in Yorkshire

We have a place called TW*T in Orkney
    (its the 1st letter of alphabet that is missing)

Upham is a village in Hampshire. It's pronounced 'Uppem'.

Years ago, it was the custom for village policemen to answer the phone with their name and station.

Someone at Police HQ probably had a sense of humour, because in succession they posted PC's Wright, Fawcett and Bunker to the village.

So . . . when people phoned the village bobby, the copper took delight in answering: "Wright Upham". Later it was "Fawcett Upham". Later still, "Bunker Upham".

Absolutely true. :-D

Theres a Bell End in my village too!! And in a village down the road there is a 'Titty Ho'!:roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions