Strange postcards being sent to my flat

Found 11th May 2016
Strange title I know, but hear me out.

So, long story short, we own a flat in London which we have been renting out to two girls for the past two years or so. However, the two girls have now moved out and now I live in the flat with a few mates. Over the past few months we have been receiving various postcards, addressed to one of the ladies that used to live here, containing insults, threats, and accusations of promiscuity, presumably from a male associate. Now these postcards have been sent from all over the world, Thailand, New York Dubai. The police have pretty much been useless in helping us with this matter, and I'm not sure what else to do. My only concern is that this maniac turns up at our door thinking that the girls are still here and does something stupid.

Any ideas on what I can do other than notify the police?

Thanks.
Community Updates
AskPostcards
27 Comments

containing insults, threats, and accusations of promiscuity, presumably … containing insults, threats, and accusations of promiscuity, presumably from a male associate. Now these postcards have been sent from all over the world, Thailand, New York Dubai.

Sounds like they got around a bit.
teh arn

Sounds like they got around a bit.

Is that supposed to be sarcastic?
Contact Royal Mail and they can put a stop on it
alyharry

Contact Royal Mail and they can put a stop on it

Oh really? Could I just ask them to intercept the postcards?
It's just like when you move homes and do a mail redirect. they should be able to stop mail for the previous tennants coming to your address altogether, not just the postcards
arcangel111

It's just like when you move homes and do a mail redirect. they should be … It's just like when you move homes and do a mail redirect. they should be able to stop mail for the previous tennants coming to your address altogether, not just the postcards

Ahhhh that makes perfect sense. Why didn't I think of that haha.

Thankssss
That may stop the mail but the sender won't know unless there s a return address and I am guessing not or you would have done it.
A visit could still be possible and you won't know he is coming....
CFC_Mark

Ahhhh that makes perfect sense. Why didn't I think of that haha.Thankssss

If you were receiving threatening phone calls who would you notify other than the Police, I'm guessing your provider?

So why wouldn't you contact the provider In this case?

Mind boggles.
mosskeeto

That may stop the mail but the sender won't know unless there s a return … That may stop the mail but the sender won't know unless there s a return address and I am guessing not or you would have done it. A visit could still be possible and you won't know he is coming....

*starts to set up booby traps* oO
MrScotchBonnet

If you were receiving threatening phone calls who would you notify other … If you were receiving threatening phone calls who would you notify other than the Police, I'm guessing your provider?So why wouldn't you contact the provider In this case? Mind boggles.

Pipe down mister know-it-all
CFC_Mark

Pipe down mister know-it-all

Is there anything at all you could do to try and find out where the girls are living now?
MrScotchBonnet

Is there anything at all you could do to try and find out where the girls … Is there anything at all you could do to try and find out where the girls are living now?

Potentially, would be a bit strange turning up with a string of threatening postcards though haha. Handing them over to them would be the right thing though right? Maybe they want to reply
Contact the RM as others have mentioned. But if the post cards are threatening I'd also contact the girls who were living there before yourself and let them know. Presumably, the sender doesn't know they've moved out, so even if they do turn up I doubt they're going to want to cause harm to yourself, unless of course it's some psycho serial killer. But I'd let the previous tenants know, just to be on the safe side and hopefully they can also elaborate.
why go to the trouble (and expense) of sending them from all over the world.. unless to brag they have lots and lots of money..
would be easier to go to the coast and get those funny cartoon ones and send them instead?
arcangel111

why go to the trouble (and expense) of sending them from all over the … why go to the trouble (and expense) of sending them from all over the world.. unless to brag they have lots and lots of money.. would be easier to go to the coast and get those funny cartoon ones and send them instead?

Funnily enough, he ended one of them with "I'll be in Thailand next if you want to chat". As if he's just written the most romantic passage ever
17 posts and no one has said post them up!?!

This sounds epic, if this was happening at my house I'd be so excited for the post the next day.
Towelie

17 posts and no one has said post them up!?!This sounds epic, if this was … 17 posts and no one has said post them up!?!This sounds epic, if this was happening at my house I'd be so excited for the post the next day.

Steady on, this is not Fiesta readers wives letters.
CFC_Mark

Oh really? Could I just ask them to intercept the postcards?

Yes just tell them, that that person no longer lives there....good luck
CFC_Mark

...we own a flat in London which we have been renting out to two girls … ...we own a flat in London which we have been renting out to two girls for the past two years or so... Over the past few months we have been receiving various postcards, addressed to one of the ladies that used to live here, containing insults, threats, and accusations of promiscuity, presumably from a male associate....

Has the one cup arrived yet?
CFC_Mark

we own a flat in London which we have been renting out to two girls for … we own a flat in London which we have been renting out to two girls for the past two years or so

Am I just exceptionally cynical (worldly?) or does that first sentence not set off alarm bells?
Towelie

17 posts and no one has said post them up!?!This sounds epic, if this was … 17 posts and no one has said post them up!?!This sounds epic, if this was happening at my house I'd be so excited for the post the next day.

I think you've had enough excitement for this season
I take it the girls didn't leave you the details of their new address? If they have then just forward it onto them and tell them to re-direct their mail to the new address. Surely if the undesirable guy turns up he'll leave when he realises they have moved. I wouldn't worry about it
Edited by: "spicy_gal" 11th May 2016
Personally I'd keep them, create an instagram account and post them up whenever you receive them!
3guesses

Am I just exceptionally cynical (worldly?) or does that first sentence … Am I just exceptionally cynical (worldly?) or does that first sentence not set off alarm bells?

The bloody hell are you talking about?
fanpages

Has the one cup arrived yet?

You had to be the party pooper!
CFC_Mark

The bloody hell are you talking about?

Ignore me - I've clearly watched far too many Channel 4 documentaries.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants