Groups

Strangers can be so kind.

This might not seem like much, but..

My wife is the main producer of stock for our business, she makes 90% of the stuff we sell from scratch as such she is always on craft websites and forums getting ideas and inspiration.. a lot of these are in the US or Canada.

A few weeks back now, My wife commented on a thread that a woman had posted saying how much she liked something this woman made, It was a wreath thats made up of crayons in a circle with card cutouts of children, and school items (Books, School Buses, Apples, A+ etc) each character or item is then decorated, and then crystals are applied, bits of glitter it is big thing to make and its a gift you wouldnt make for anyone due to time effort and cost.. but for a good teacher say..

but the desired results are simply amazing brilliant..

So my wife commented and asked if this woman could send the SVG files (files used for vector based art printing and a Cricut cutting machine files) and this woman agree but said that she would prefer to send a usb stick as the files were in the GB's and uploading wouldnt be possible.

My wife offered to pay for delivery and packaging but the woman refused and said she would be happy to do it.

Well today about 5 weeks later a parcel turned up, a big parcel! and to our surprise not only has this woman sent the files as promised but she has sent a complete set of all the materials all cut and and decorated ready to be assembled and not just to make one, but she has sent enough to make about 20! To top it off she has included a home made Canadian Flag and a note wishing us all a Merry Christmas..

Such a lovely surprise from a stranger..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TRWvrZwmjeQ/TqFwj8aXQoI/AAAAAAAAAKA/-Gn4ta1CWus/s1600/crayon+wreath+prek.jpg

this is an example, but imagine it far more eclectic and and the cutouts far more decorated.. Ill try and show the actual wreath later, but its on my wifes laptop right now.

53 Comments

wow, that is amazing!

How nice

nice one merry Christmas

I like it. But please don't get me one for Christmas. X)

Just be prepared to have your very own personal stalker now she has your address! X)

A lovely gesture from a very kind lady, think I will make some enquiries about a custom car & see what turns up at my door on a trailer...?,(well it's Christmas...I can dream!) Great story .......Christmas spirit of selfless giving.

Wow, that's so lovely! I have just been reading about something similar....
    Have a look on this link as it was recorded....

m.youtube.com/wat…bbE

I just wish more people were as kind.

There are still some lovely people in the world

Original Poster

bunny_boiler

There are still some lovely people in the world

Yeah was a big surprise, my wife was especially touched by it.

She is planning on sending a thank you Christmas Card and a homemade UK flag back

awwwww thanks for sharing. Great to read a positive story on Misc for a change

Very cool (although that gap at the top would do my ocd head in! )

I was expecting a dark ending.

Faith in humanity at least partially restored

Well done to this lady for being so kind hearted

you think they are kind... until they turn up on your doorstep next week to spend christmas!!

chrishamblin

I was expecting a dark ending.Faith in humanity at least partially … I was expecting a dark ending.Faith in humanity at least partially restored

No,that's the next thread....................................

"The day we went to make a Christmas wreath out of a bunch of Crayons we were sent, only to find they were stuffed full of Class A drugs" What should we do?

OldEnglish

No,that's the next thread...................................."The day we … No,that's the next thread...................................."The day we went to make a Christmas wreath out of a bunch of Crayons we were sent, only to find they were stuffed full of Class A drugs" What should we do?

Dish em out and then we got high

haritori

Yeah was a big surprise, my wife was especially touched by it.She is … Yeah was a big surprise, my wife was especially touched by it.She is planning on sending a thank you Christmas Card and a homemade UK flag back

Is that flag for Donald ? X)

Original Poster

summerof76

Is that flag for Donald ? X)

Yeah lol..

Not sure if we shoudl send a UK Flag or a Welsh Flag?

what a wonderful gesture would make a lovely gift for teachers.

The true meaning of Christmas

Really nice story and photo, but are you just drawing us in ?

Original Poster

Bumpydog

Really nice story and photo, but are you just drawing us in ?

People on here really do think so little of me, like I make this stuff up.. It was like the courier issue i had a couple of weeks ago..

I dont know why I am having to prove it.

[img]scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=da5163757e9e84cd0fd9f9cb137e27e3&oe=58F0BC7A[/img]

[img]scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=8ddf757f7b3f7c782ae36638a13d614b&oe=58B3ABD7[/img]

dafunq

The true meaning of Christmas

yeah.. presents!

haritori

People on here really do think so little of me, like I make this stuff … People on here really do think so little of me, like I make this stuff up.. It was like the courier issue i had a couple of weeks ago..I dont know why I am having to prove it.[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15440560_10210568007288939_2837761871332180177_o.jpg?oh=da5163757e9e84cd0fd9f9cb137e27e3&oe=58F0BC7A[/img][img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15493602_10210568006688924_8218257472710579942_o.jpg?oh=8ddf757f7b3f7c782ae36638a13d614b&oe=58B3ABD7[/img]

Come on that could be anyone's packet. Are you digging through your neighbours bins? X)
    Only joking. Looks good!

haritori

People on here really do think so little of me, like I make this stuff … People on here really do think so little of me, like I make this stuff up.. It was like the courier issue i had a couple of weeks ago..I dont know why I am having to prove it.[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15440560_10210568007288939_2837761871332180177_o.jpg?oh=da5163757e9e84cd0fd9f9cb137e27e3&oe=58F0BC7A[/img][img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15493602_10210568006688924_8218257472710579942_o.jpg?oh=8ddf757f7b3f7c782ae36638a13d614b&oe=58B3ABD7[/img]

Picture of crayons and 'Drawing' us in.
    Banter,
    Did I have to really explain it ?

Original Poster

Just so you can understand as well, these aren't just some print outs and cut,

each colour is a separate part which is cut and aligned and glued, with decorations added like crystals etc.. we have hundreds, it must of took her so much time to make them.. and they are all of super high quality too.

[img]scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=fa11393987d05410bb7345318a2e8e83&oe=58F6E6A0[/img]

Edited by: "haritori" 13th Dec 2016

Original Poster

Bumpydog

Picture of crayons and 'Drawing' us in.Banter,Did I have to really … Picture of crayons and 'Drawing' us in.Banter,Did I have to really explain it ?

maybe a or a would of helped? and regardless it will do for those others whom doubt my threads and called me attention seeker, like splatsplatsplat.
    Edited by: "haritori" 13th Dec 2016

Oh rite, I remember that in future, but I mean even thewongwing101 got that one, the spellin is for me ald mate Brilly

obviously just made this up to promote the wifes business of making stuff where each colour is a separate part which is cut and aligned and glued, with decorations added like crystals .. and they are all of super high quality too.

canada post thing was obviously for some (unrelated) banned mountie sex toy

Bumpydog

Oh rite, I remember that in future, but I mean even thewongwing101 got … Oh rite, I remember that in future, but I mean even thewongwing101 got that one, the spellin is for me ald mate Brilly

are you implying that i am a spelling/grammar nazi? oO X)
    i seen to recall something about a puzzle but that wasn't to do with spelling but logic iirc
    noone tells me i am wrong when i am right! (yeah... which is all the time)

what a good idea and what a lovely gesture

brilly

are you implying that i am a spelling/grammar nazi? oOX)i seen to recall … are you implying that i am a spelling/grammar nazi? oOX)i seen to recall something about a puzzle but that wasn't to do with spelling but logic iirc noone tells me i am wrong when i am right! (yeah... which is all the time)

And compliments of the Season to you Young Brilly.
    How I have missed the deep, deep, thrust of our intellectual intercourse.

brilly

obviously just made this up to promote the wifes business of making stuff … obviously just made this up to promote the wifes business of making stuff where each colour is a separate part which is cut and aligned and glued, with decorations added like crystals .. and they are all of super high quality too.canada post thing was obviously for some (unrelated) banned mountie sex toy

​click bait I believe is the term old bean

awh that's lovely some people are fab!

Original Poster

brilly

obviously just made this up to promote the wifes business of making stuff … obviously just made this up to promote the wifes business of making stuff where each colour is a separate part which is cut and aligned and glued, with decorations added like crystals .. and they are all of super high quality too.canada post thing was obviously for some (unrelated) banned mountie sex toy

Shhhh Brilly..

Bumpydog

And compliments of the Season to you Young Brilly. How I have missed the … And compliments of the Season to you Young Brilly. How I have missed the deep, deep, thrust of our intellectual intercourse.

hah, after you arrived with that chip on your shoulder i'm gonna have to hunt down the thread that is the source and revel in it X)
    edit: found it without fanpages baboon thread, why you would want that brought into current attention is anyones guess but 'uh oh!' oO
    Edited by: "brilly" 13th Dec 2016

Love hearing stuff like this. Hope you can pass on a kindness to someone else now OP.

Please send my free wreath to : A Chancer, 2 Hobbycraft Lane.

Original Poster

Bumpydog

Oh rite, I remember that in future, but I mean even thewongwing101 got … Oh rite, I remember that in future, but I mean even thewongwing101 got that one, the spellin is for me ald mate Brilly

Sorry for thinking you were accusing, but not sure Wongy will appreciate the 'even' lol

Banned

looks even nicer with the hukd snowflakes over it.

People are generally more kind than nasty in my experience. How lovely!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media Broadband Retention Deals47
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767259
      3. word association Game73944482
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826370

See more discussions