Stream sky sports tv from samsung s8 to tv

LocalFound 29th Jun 2017
Is there any way possible to stream the sky sports tv app from a samsung galaxy S8 to your TV?

TIA
Community Updates
8 Comments
Sadly, you can't simply connect your phone or tablet to a TV and then play Sky Go content. Sky Go doesn't support HDMI connections from mobile devices, or the various forms of screen casting such as Chromecast; if you attempt to use Sky Go while your mobile device is connected to a telly, you'll simply get a warning message and the app won't work.

no, it's deliberately blocked. The only thing I've found to 'fool' the sky go service is using a laptop connected to the TV.
on LG TVs there is an app called screen share, it mirrors whatever is on the phone onto your TV screen so that would work, not sure what TV you've got but I would imagine most modern TVs have similar features
I find only way to do it is with a £30 ps3 with sky go in it. Have to have a family member or friend with sports package to let you use one of their sky go log ins.
bradoneill

I find only way to do it is with a £30 ps3 with sky go in it. Have to … I find only way to do it is with a £30 ps3 with sky go in it. Have to have a family member or friend with sports package to let you use one of their sky go log ins.

They have to have a 'sky go extra' account to watch via a games console not a normal sky go account.... unless things have changed since I used to watch on PlayStation about a year ago
Buy a cheap desktop SFF PC for less than £35 off eBay. Use that for Sky Go, Kodi, BBC iPlayer etc etc. Buy an mini wireless keyboard to control it.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Jun 2017
robdexter7

on LG TVs there is an app called screen share, it mirrors whatever is on … on LG TVs there is an app called screen share, it mirrors whatever is on the phone onto your TV screen so that would work, not sure what TV you've got but I would imagine most modern TVs have similar features

​Yes I have tried this on my smart samsung tv and it works
Original Poster
TheRatedSeller

​Yes I have tried this on my smart samsung tv and it works

​this has worked with your sky go ya?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions