Groups
    EXPIRED

streaming

Silly question, but what is streaming, how do I do it and finally where from. Many thanks

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

10 Comments

Amazing these search engines (_;)

what is streaming

Original Poster

OK so I am confusing streaming with downloading, if I download can I then watch off line.

streaming is watching a movie online without downloading onto your computer. same as watching tv on iplayer or watching a video on youtube.

Original Poster

thank you.

kash2013

streaming is watching a movie online without downloading onto your … streaming is watching a movie online without downloading onto your computer. same as watching tv on iplayer or watching a video on youtube.

When you are streaming you are still downloading but to a temp file

Great

Try show box.

philphil61

When you are streaming you are still downloading but to a temp file

not necessarily, streaming really is just that and temp file or buffer usage is dependant on protocol used and whether caching is involved or not.

maddogb

not necessarily, streaming really is just that and temp file or buffer … not necessarily, streaming really is just that and temp file or buffer usage is dependant on protocol used and whether caching is involved or not.

MSE - Which uses more of my GB Allowance - 'live' streaming or downloading....

Then only possible difference would be that the streaming media could be lower resolution than the downloaded version but that's rare with today's bandwidth/internet speeds.

If you want more links or actually want to understand it more - try searching Google - you'll find lots of educational stuff using the search facility

philphil61

MSE - Which uses more of my GB Allowance - 'live' streaming or … MSE - Which uses more of my GB Allowance - 'live' streaming or downloading....Then only possible difference would be that the streaming media could be lower resolution than the downloaded version but that's rare with today's bandwidth/internet speeds.If you want more links or actually want to understand it more - try searching Google - you'll find lots of educational stuff using the search facility

? i do actually know quite a bit about all the related technologies. not sure why you would qualify anything with a link to mse
    the technology you seem to have a problem with understanding is data transport streams which are quite unlike the mobile data labels you are referring to and what the OP appears to have posted.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927364
      2. Spotify Family Premium share715
      3. word association Game73944490
      4. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1423

See more discussions