Streaming films what are the choices?

Posted 20th Nov
Dads just got a new tv and i'm looking at getting him some films to watch via a streaming service. He's had nowtv cinema just wondering what other choices there are?

I'm assuming Amazon, Netflix, or any other recommendations?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
Plenty of free ones via Amazon firestick
adamderak20/11/2019 13:57

Plenty of free ones via Amazon firestick

Cheers i'll hopefully get an amazon firestick in the black friday deals and take a look.
Message me if you need any guidance.
Just make sure you get the 4k version & bite at £30.
adamderak20/11/2019 14:48

Just make sure you get the 4k version & bite at £30.

Yep will do. Just a thought and to save me messing around too much. I could probably get that and get a free month of prime and i'd get films on it anyway wouldn't i from the free month of prime.

I'm after a stick for myself for iptv and plex anyway, but just want something short term for my Dad over Xmas. So i'll lend him this stick.
m1keyp1key20/11/2019 15:06

Yep will do. Just a thought and to save me messing around too much. I …Yep will do. Just a thought and to save me messing around too much. I could probably get that and get a free month of prime and i'd get films on it anyway wouldn't i from the free month of prime. I'm after a stick for myself for iptv and plex anyway, but just want something short term for my Dad over Xmas. So i'll lend him this stick.

Switch your private message on
Pluto TV has some free movies on it. Quality all over the place with them though going from SyFy still dross like Introvert Tarantula vs Insatiable Water Crescent to great ones like Silence of the lambs.

As my imaginary friend Fred used to say as we went through the bins of the supermarket "There's not much choice and most of it is rubbish but it's free"
adamderak20/11/2019 15:31

Switch your private message on

I've not switched it off, so no idea where to switch it on.
Are you looking to pay for a service, now tv is good for movies, only downside is it's 720p, Amazon is pretty crap for movies if you ask me, but good for tv shows, Netflix is better for movies than Amazon, I have prime myself.

The interface on the firestick was designed by an idiot, it takes you ages to find anything unless you know what your looking for, you can't even separate tv and movies in your watchlist.

You should download the Justwatch app, then you can see what's available on different streaming services, I use it to see what new movies get added to Amazon prime daily.
4Real201620/11/2019 15:53

Are you looking to pay for a service, now tv is good for movies, only …Are you looking to pay for a service, now tv is good for movies, only downside is it's 720p, Amazon is pretty crap for movies if you ask me, but good for tv shows, Netflix is better for movies than Amazon, I have prime myself.The interface on the firestick was designed by an idiot, it takes you ages to find anything unless you know what your looking for, you can't even separate tv and movies in your watchlist.You should download the Justwatch app, then you can see what's available on different streaming services, I use it to see what new movies get added to Amazon prime daily.

That’ll be nothing decent, I’ve got amazon prime and it’s carp
4Real201620/11/2019 15:53

Are you looking to pay for a service, now tv is good for movies, only …Are you looking to pay for a service, now tv is good for movies, only downside is it's 720p, Amazon is pretty crap for movies if you ask me, but good for tv shows, Netflix is better for movies than Amazon, I have prime myself.The interface on the firestick was designed by an idiot, it takes you ages to find anything unless you know what your looking for, you can't even separate tv and movies in your watchlist.You should download the Justwatch app, then you can see what's available on different streaming services, I use it to see what new movies get added to Amazon prime daily.

Yes a pay service, and probably just for a month or two. Just something for him to try his new tv out with. He doesn't tend to get out much during winter so watches a fair bit of tv.

I'll have a look at the justwatch app as that will prove very useful.
snoopy1820/11/2019 17:49

That’ll be nothing decent, I’ve got amazon prime and it’s carp

I like it for TV shows as it saves me space on my server, the odd movie pops up I might fancy watching again which is why I use the Justwatch app
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants